Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave :)

Mechanical Keyboard Club!

30 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Are there any particular features that you want on the keyboard? Media keys, volume wheel, any specific switches? Budget?

The main feature is comfort. I'm a software engineer and spend a lot of time typing, and at least at home would like to invest on something better than a cheap keyboard. I game mostly on the controller, with exception for RTS and some shooters, while my girlfriend will enjoy most of the gaming usage of it. I have no particular need for special keys, although my girlfriend would benefit of some macros. I kinda wish their lighting was Aura compatible but it isn't a deal breaker.

About switch types, I'm afraid I have no clue. The last mechanical keyboard I owned was probably 20 years ago and was already an old keyboard, and there was no colour coded switches I think, so I really have no experience in typing for long periods on none.

Budget, well, I really have no budget. I've been delaying any purchase for a while now, considered these ones for the price cut that seemed like a nice deal if they were good. If there are better ones on a close price range, I could consider.

28 minutes ago, bejamartins said:

I kinda wish their lighting was Aura compatible but it isn't a deal breaker.

I believe Asus keyboards (like this one) are the only ones that are Aura compatible.

If you want something simple, check this one out. Cooler Master has some of the better built OEM keyboards especially the Masterkeys Pro line. You can also check out this keyboard by Cooler Master if you want RGB. The Corsair K95 is hard to beat if you want macros but it is a bit pricier. 

There are better ones out there like the offerings of Leopold, Das Keyboard, Filco, Ducky, but I'm not familiar with the EU market to know where to look for those brands.

11 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I believe Asus keyboards (like this one) are the only ones that are Aura compatible.

If you want something simple, check this one out. Cooler Master has some of the better built OEM keyboards especially the Masterkeys Pro line. You can also check out this keyboard by Cooler Master if you want RGB. The Corsair K95 is hard to beat if you want macros but it is a bit pricier. 

There are better ones out there like the offerings of Leopold, Das Keyboard, Filco, Ducky, but I'm not familiar with the EU market to know where to look for those brands.

Alright, thank you very much.

Hi dear members of the forum , i have to make a decision .do you have any suggestions of what pbt doubleshot backlit should i buy ?i was thinking either these (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/White-Translucidus-Keycap-108-PBT-Backlit-Keycap-For-OEM-cherry-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard-Gaming-Keyboard/1806079_32680673029.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.6.73c76e1c6PY23l) because they are quite cheap but i also consider these https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/taihao-pbt-double-shot-keycaps-for-diy-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-Backlit-Caps-oem-profile-light-through/3034003_32823148767.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.5.6cda7ad0t5CtiS because taihao is well known for their quality . between these two what do you recomend and do you have any other suggestion of a very good quality pbt backlit set . thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, johncrypto said:

-snip-

Between those two, I would get the Taihao set. Note that it is currently the Chinese holiday so expect to wait a while to receive it.

Where are you located? Budget? Anything particular that you are looking for, like color, or profile?

5 minutes ago, johncrypto said:

Hi dear members of the forum , i have to make a decision .do you have any suggestions of what pbt doubleshot backlit should i buy ?i was thinking either these (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/White-Translucidus-Keycap-108-PBT-Backlit-Keycap-For-OEM-cherry-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard-Gaming-Keyboard/1806079_32680673029.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.6.73c76e1c6PY23l) because they are quite cheap but i also consider these https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/taihao-pbt-double-shot-keycaps-for-diy-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-Backlit-Caps-oem-profile-light-through/3034003_32823148767.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.5.6cda7ad0t5CtiS because taihao is well known for their quality . between these two what do you recomend and do you have any other suggestion of a very good quality pbt backlit set . thanks in advance

Between those the Taihao look much nicer. Though I'm personally not a fan of backlit keys, so I couldn't recommend anything else in that area.

29 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Between those the Taihao look much nicer. Though I'm personally not a fan of backlit keys, so I couldn't recommend anything else in that area.

what do you recommend ?i dont mind not being backlit but at least i want the legends to be clear even at night adn i want them to have a very good quality

34 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Between those two, I would get the Taihao set. Note that it is currently the Chinese holiday so expect to wait a while to receive it.

Where are you located? Budget? Anything particular that you are looking for, like color, or profile?

i an in europe,budget :dont care but not something crazy such 80-90bucks for a set of keycaps,color:black or white will work  and for profile i have a cherry mx keyboard . if you need something else ask me , i am more than happy to answer

6 minutes ago, johncrypto said:

what do you recommend ?i dont mind not being backlit but at least i want the legends to be clear even at night adn i want them to have a very good quality

My top 2 would be XDA Canvas and Mt3 dev/ty But those are currently not live. You can get them second hand on r/mechmarket if you look long enough. 

For more accessible options you could look at MP Retro Beige, SA 9009 or Carbon

On 2/7/2019 at 2:32 AM, geo3 said:

Not that I know of other than the XDA Canvas I posted before. I think those are a lot less common.

On 2/7/2019 at 2:26 AM, johncrypto said:

i mean top left legends , i am not that interested in legends that are in the middle ,

XDA Milestone as well, also, many gmk caps are left aligned. 

🅱 𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕛𝕚

cool thread always looking for a place to show off my gear. I run a ducky one 2 

Main Desktop audio Setup topping d10---> monolith Alex Cavelli Liquid Spark--->Beyerdynamic dt 990 for gaming, Sennheiser hd 58x for everything else

My portable setup one plus 6T--->fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3

Other audio stuff you can feel free to ask about if you see me on the audio forum are AKG k240, AKG k 52, AKG y50bt, koss ksc 75, Sennheiser HD 4.40, Fiio e10k 

I haven't posted on here since 2017, or on the forums at all actually. I thought I might as well pop back in to show off my latest board. It's a Niu Mini ortholinear 40% keyboard, using Cherry MX Silent Red switches, lubed and spring swapped to Gateron Yellow springs so that they have a bit more force. 

fGmGnYu.jpg

ERMbXqi.png

Did not think that SA would be that much bigger than OEM, aha.

Officially LTT's 'coolest' member (yes, that's a pun)

The w is pronounced like v, if you're wondering!

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Spoiler

Current rig (Ninetales):

Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.7GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1070 (8GB), 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, Windows 10 Pro x64

Laptop (Vulpix): 

Intel Core i7-7700HQ, GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2400, Windows 10 Pro x64
More detailed specs on my profile.

On 4/17/2017 at 5:36 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Rawr9 Furry Sex

2 minutes ago, geo3 said:

61DzFkt1mwL._SL1000_.jpg

This is helpful, actually. Thanks ^^

Spoiler

Current rig (Ninetales):

Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.7GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1070 (8GB), 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, Windows 10 Pro x64

Laptop (Vulpix): 

Intel Core i7-7700HQ, GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2400, Windows 10 Pro x64

Rawr9 Furry Sex

y1CHVOU.png

hmm

Spoiler

Current rig (Ninetales):

Laptop (Vulpix): 

Rawr9 Furry Sex

Hello, members of the Mechanical Keyboard thread. I want to buy a Mechanical Keyboard under $50 (3500 INR) preferably from www.amazon.in . Please feel free to get in touch through Twitter or Instagram (@macintushar). Thanks

1 hour ago, Macintushar said:

Hello, members of the Mechanical Keyboard thread. I want to buy a Mechanical Keyboard under $50 (3500 INR) preferably from www.amazon.in . Please feel free to get in touch through Twitter or Instagram (@macintushar). Thanks

Go on amazon and do that. Not many options, maybe reddragon Vara or Gigabyte Force K83 would be best for that price.