Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Does anyone here have experience with Kailh BOX Jades? I'm looking to possibly build a keyboard with them but was wondering how loud they are compared to MX Blues and MX Browns.

Box Jades sound a bit more metallic if you get what I mean, they're way louder than both Blues and Browns. But imo the Jade's click bar sounds a lot more full than the rattly click jacket of mx blues. 

On the market for some more PBT keycaps because my ABS caps are wearing out fast, anyone got any recommendations? Backlit caps preferred.

5 hours ago, Nowak said:

On the market for some more PBT keycaps because my ABS caps are wearing out fast, anyone got any recommendations? Backlit caps preferred.

EnjoyPBT

• 2 weeks later...

i am looking forward to buy a mechanical keyboard , but my budget is super tight  i tested some of mid range mechanical keyboard and tbh i prefer cherry mx red , but the price of mechanical keyboard with cherry mx reds are very expensive so i researched and  found this keyboard , and it is cheap in my country compared to other keyboard ,  so tell me your opinion , software is included too

and is has 

Victory K700 Brown switches

Switch Activation force 60g

Full Anti-Ghosting

NKRO N-Key Rollover

Windows key can be disabled

http://www.spiritofgamer.com/xpert-k700_gamingkeyboard/

01_CLA_XK700.png

02_CLA_XK700.png

04_CLA_XK700.png

06_CLA_XK700.png

08_CLA_XK700.png

09_CLA_XK700.png

CLA_XK700_A1.png

CLA_XK700_SOFTWARE.png

On 3/27/2019 at 5:37 AM, ZinouTheBeast XXI said:

* snip *

You already created a thread, why do you post it again?

31 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

You already created a thread, why do you post it again?

because i didn't get enough opinions that it , this thread has 273 pages why do you even bother telling me that ?

Created an 8-button keypad with PCB plates powered by a Pro Micro, with single-colour backlighting support and underglow LEDs via LED strips. Keys are currently programmed using Arduino, as I haven't figured out TMK/QMK yet. Current keypad is rocking Kailh BOX Dark Yellows, essentially Blacks but less scratchy. Also features a famous anime character on the bottom plate, though I can try out other characters.

Enjoy :)

Spoiler

IMG_2169.JPGIMG_2181.JPGIMG_2167.JPGIMG_2168.JPGIMG_2178.JPGIMG_2175.JPGIMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2182.JPG

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

23 minutes ago, FPSwithaWacomTablet said:

Created an 8-button keypad with PCB plates powered by a Pro Micro, with single-colour backlighting support and underglow LEDs via LED strips. Keys are currently programmed using Arduino, as I haven't figured out TMK/QMK yet. Current keypad is rocking Kailh BOX Dark Yellows, essentially Blacks but less scratchy. Also features a famous anime character on the bottom plate, though I can try out other characters.

Enjoy :)

Nice. It looks awesome. That's a much, much nicer thing than what I did. I used my access to 3D printers, and a bunch of leftover Cherry MX Blue switches to keep the costs down. It's a whole lot less refined than yours (to say the least). It's configured as a numpad through two layers.

Spoiler

image.png.f992b87e50d59280375b8f96ab305992.png

image.thumb.png.4eb13c3ed9fb0e77353ee1513f4c7f1e.png

:)

5 hours ago, seon123 said:

Nice. It looks awesome. That's a much, much nicer thing than what I did. I used my access to 3D printers, and a bunch of leftover Cherry MX Blue switches to keep the costs down. It's a whole lot less refined than yours (to say the least). It's configured as a numpad through two layers.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.f992b87e50d59280375b8f96ab305992.png

image.thumb.png.4eb13c3ed9fb0e77353ee1513f4c7f1e.png

I started actually with 3D printing my cases. Here's one that used a 3D printed case:

Spoiler

IMG_1940.JPGIMG_1886.JPGIMG_1941.JPG

I also started out with handwiring, but eventually decided to design PCBs for it using KiCAD. Ordering PCBs online has become quite easy, so it shouldn't discourage you. It is also relatively cheap (around $20) for 10 pcs of a small 4x4 keypad.

But at that rate you are delving into geekhack territory.

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

Just got my HHKB in the post, it's a perfect fit with the Deadhead artisan that I had laying around. Hopefully this still counts as somewhat mechanical? ;)

bOLgFro.jpg

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

On 4/1/2019 at 8:33 PM, Dissitesuxba11s said:

For the people who care, GMK Oblivion V2 group buy is live on Geekhack (link below). A 10% discount is active for the first 24 hours of GB launch.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100062.0

Disregard, it was an April Fool's joke. They got me :P

Get GMK dots while you're at it. xd

Hey guys I'm getting my first mech keyboard, does anyone has a suggestion on which keyboard should I buy? Also, are blue switches really not meant for gaming? Thanks by the way

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

CPU :i7-4710HQ/ GPU :GTX 860M/ RAM :8GB OEM/ HDD :1 TB 

PERIPHERALS :

MOUSE :LOGITECH G502/ HEADSET :HyperX Cloud Alpha/ KEYBOARD :Logitech G Pro 

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

9 minutes ago, Annoyingnerds said:

Hey guys I'm getting my first mech keyboard, does anyone has a suggestion on which keyboard should I buy? Also, are blue switches really not meant for gaming? Thanks by the way

Can't really give suggestions without knowing your budget.

Cherry MX Blue style switches with click jackets have hysteresis, which can be an issue if you need to press a switch multiple times quickly.

:)

2 minutes ago, Annoyingnerds said:

does anyone has a suggestion on which keyboard should I buy?

• For typing: Get an IBM Model F. Never look back.
  • For gaming: Blue switches are fine (I was using a QPAD with MX Blues for gaming before), but they are too light in my opinion (and the mosquito sound they make can be annoying after having used a better switch for a while). MX Brown or their clones Kailh Brown could be a better alternative here, but I never tried those.
  • For both:
    • Try a Unicomp Model M. They're basically the latest iteration of IBM's Model M, light enough for gaming, reliable enough for typing.
    • Matias Quiet Click (an Alps clone) could be interesting, they're available with a limited set of keyboards.

Write in C.

2 hours ago, Dat Guy said:
  • For typing: Get an IBM Model F. Never look back.
  • For both:
    • Try a Unicomp Model M. They're basically the latest iteration of IBM's Model M, light enough for gaming, reliable enough for typing.
    • Matias Quiet Click (an Alps clone) could be interesting, they're available with a limited set of keyboards.

Dang, making this guy jump to the deep end before letting him feel the water out. I like it xD

43 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Dang, making this guy jump to the deep end before letting him feel the water out. I like it xD

Nah, it's fine. It's not like I don't understand a single word he's saying, I actually prefer these kind of response ?. But yeah, I would love to have a brown switch keyboard because of it's tactile bump and a rather quite noise if they aren't so dang expensive.

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

PERIPHERALS :

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

Can't really give suggestions without knowing your budget.

Cherry MX Blue style switches with click jackets have hysteresis, which can be an issue if you need to press a switch multiple times quickly.

My budget is $110 more less, and also if I'm playing fps games i.e. BF 5 or CSGO I don't really to press a switch multiple times.

DESKTOP PC :

LAPTOP :

PERIPHERALS :

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

1 minute ago, Annoyingnerds said:

My budget is $110 more less

You can get all of my suggestions - excluding the Matias one, I guess - for that. :)

Write in C.

2 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

You can get all of my suggestions - excluding the Matias one, I guess - for that. :)

Ah that's somewhat a relieve, but isn't blue switch meant to be heavier because they said that it has a 60 gram actuation force? Also can you explain a lil bit more about your blue switch experience?

DESKTOP PC :

LAPTOP :

PERIPHERALS :

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK