Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
34 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Between those two, I would get the Taihao set. Note that it is currently the Chinese holiday so expect to wait a while to receive it.

Where are you located? Budget? Anything particular that you are looking for, like color, or profile?

i an in europe,budget :dont care but not something crazy such 80-90bucks for a set of keycaps,color:black or white will work  and for profile i have a cherry mx keyboard . if you need something else ask me , i am more than happy to answer

6 minutes ago, johncrypto said:

what do you recommend ?i dont mind not being backlit but at least i want the legends to be clear even at night adn i want them to have a very good quality

My top 2 would be XDA Canvas and Mt3 dev/ty But those are currently not live. You can get them second hand on r/mechmarket if you look long enough. 

For more accessible options you could look at MP Retro Beige, SA 9009 or Carbon

11 minutes ago, geo3 said:

My top 2 would be XDA Canvas and Mt3 dev/ty But those are currently not live. You can get them second hand on r/mechmarket if you look long enough. 

For more accessible options you could look at MP Retro Beige, SA 9009 or Carbon

do you have something to recommend me with some classic legends 

8 minutes ago, geo3 said:

I don't know what classic legends are.

i mean top left legends , i am not that interested in legends that are in the middle ,

On 2/7/2019 at 2:32 AM, geo3 said:

Not that I know of other than the XDA Canvas I posted before. I think those are a lot less common.

On 2/7/2019 at 2:26 AM, johncrypto said:

i mean top left legends , i am not that interested in legends that are in the middle ,

XDA Milestone as well, also, many gmk caps are left aligned. 

• 2 weeks later...

cool thread always looking for a place to show off my gear. I run a ducky one 2 

I haven't posted on here since 2017, or on the forums at all actually. I thought I might as well pop back in to show off my latest board. It's a Niu Mini ortholinear 40% keyboard, using Cherry MX Silent Red switches, lubed and spring swapped to Gateron Yellow springs so that they have a bit more force. 

fGmGnYu.jpg

2 minutes ago, geo3 said:

61DzFkt1mwL._SL1000_.jpg

This is helpful, actually. Thanks ^^

Hello, members of the Mechanical Keyboard thread. I want to buy a Mechanical Keyboard under $50 (3500 INR) preferably from www.amazon.in . Please feel free to get in touch through Twitter or Instagram (@macintushar). Thanks

1 hour ago, Macintushar said:

Hello, members of the Mechanical Keyboard thread. I want to buy a Mechanical Keyboard under $50 (3500 INR) preferably from www.amazon.in . Please feel free to get in touch through Twitter or Instagram (@macintushar). Thanks

Go on amazon and do that. Not many options, maybe reddragon Vara or Gigabyte Force K83 would be best for that price.

Are there any tenkeyless, mechanical, backlit, preferably wireless keyboards that aren't completely black?

7 hours ago, CptHenry said:

Are there any tenkeyless, mechanical, backlit, preferably wireless keyboards that aren't completely black?

Yes there are plenty. Ducky makes some coloured ones, also the upcoming Ramaworks U80 is a colourful rgb tkl.

15 hours ago, b emoji said:

Yes there are plenty. Ducky makes some coloured ones, also the upcoming Ramaworks U80 is a colourful rgb tkl.

Oooh, those look pretty interesting, especially the Ramaworks one. Thank you!

It's surprising to find that there are tons of beautiful custom mechanical keyboard posts on Pinterest. It influenced me seriously on how now I see custom mechanical keyboard. Just beautiful.. I have a Ducky One 2 Mini as the starting point for me to jump into the fully custom ones.. OMG this is bad! ?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

1 minute ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

It's surprising to find that there are tons of beautiful custom mechanical keyboard posts on Pinterest. It influenced me seriously on how now I see custom mechanical keyboard. Just beautiful.. I have a Ducky One 2 Mini as the starting point for me to jump into the fully custom ones.. OMG this is bad! ?

It's money pit if you don't control yourself. Some users on r/mechanicalkeyboards and Geekhack have ridiculous collections.

Does anyone here have experience with Kailh BOX Jades? I'm looking to possibly build a keyboard with them but was wondering how loud they are compared to MX Blues and MX Browns.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

23 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Does anyone here have experience with Kailh BOX Jades? I'm looking to possibly build a keyboard with them but was wondering how loud they are compared to MX Blues and MX Browns.

The click is definitely louder. It also produces a click on both the downstroke as well as the upstroke, instead of only on the downstroke. 

Not sure how well you can hear that through my phone, though. 

Spoiler

:)