Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Got a Vortex Race 3 recently with Cherry MX blue switches. Really liking this keyboard and I absolutely love the keyboard layout.

GSer8T3l.jpg

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

This is my set up at work,

GH60 satan kit with outemu brown switches (cherry green in escape and zealios for enter key, just because I could, they were hand outs at the perth mech kb meetup)

in a royal glam case with some pbt dolch alphas and tai hao carbonite modifiers, red plate, white leds and finished off with a Artkey yin Bull artisan, 

along with a ducky pocket for numpad/calculator.

At home i use a Ducky one 711 at the moment,

keyboard.jpg

Anyone know if I can find a reasonably priced custom case for my Masterkeys Pro S?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, ultim8m said:

I don't think anyone makes a custom case for them, the only thing even remotely close i have seen is the tkl kits by 1upkeyboards

https://1upkeyboards.com/products/keyboard-kits/diy-87up-keyboard-kits.html

Cool. That's a lot more expensive than I thought it would be, I guess I'll just stick with custom keycaps. Thanks!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Some of my custom assembled 60%. One rosewood and carbon-fiber, the other all aluminum. 

Are those Zealios?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I have a Corsair K70 backlit RGB Rapidfire Mechanical Keyboard, with Cherry MX Speed switches. I generally like the keyboard, but I am having some predictable trouble adjusting to the delicate touch and I frequently activate adjacent keys accidentally. Especially annoying when entering passwords that you can't see. I think the full 4mm throw tends to cause my fingers to nudge the adjacent key just enough to activate it. If I limited the travel to just enough to activate it, with a soft bottom, I think it should help. I think a thick soft o-ring might also help me adjust to the short travel till activation.

According to the LTT review of MX Keyswitches, the Speed variety has a very short 1.2mm travel till activation, and 4.0mm total travel. Based on that I was thinking a 2.5mm to 2.8mm thick o-ring with a soft durometer of 40A-L might be a good solution?

I'm confused by specs of the o-rings I'm seeing at WASD and in discussions here that discuss 0.2mm and 0.4mm which would be EXTREMELY thin if it is a measure of the total thickness, about the thickness of a business card, roughly on the order of 1/100th of an inch! Could this actually be a measure of how much they COMPRESS in normal usage, rather than their actual thickness? Looking at the pictures of these o-rings, there is NO WAY they look this thin!

Any suggestions, clarifications, or recommendations are much appreciated. I wouldn't say cost is no object, but I'm willing to spend what it takes to get the right parts. 

Thanks! Cheers!

Renewed my Filco Majestouch 2 

MyKeyboard.jpg

Since its hard to find any ISO GER Layout PBT Doubleshot Keycaps i used the Ducky LED Keycaps from Caseking.

https://www.caseking.de/ducky-pbt-double-shot-keycap-set-fuer-backlight-de-layout-schwarz-gakc-042.html

They do work very well even without LED's. The labeling looks much darker in real life, its awesome. I even got the LED noise dampeners just for fun :D

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

49 minutes ago, geo3 said:

What pcb? And where did you get the translucent case?

The pcb is called the org60, you can get it off taobao, I got the case off of massdrop there doesn't seem to be a specific brand, it's just a frosted acrylic case.

Anyone here used the SteelSeries M800 / the new Alienware mechanical keyboard?

2 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Anyone here used the SteelSeries M800 / the new Alienware mechanical keyboard?

Too cheap poor :(

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Too cheap poor :(

As in you're too poor to have one or they are bad keyboards?

Just now, Tcrumpen said:

As in you're too poor to have one or they are bad keyboards?

Well, I'm satisfied with my keyboard (see signature), and I don't feel like dropping however much it is just to try it.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

the new Alienware mechanical keyboard?

I haven't but doens't it use Outemu switches?

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Well, I'm satisfied with my keyboard (see signature), and I don't feel like dropping however much it is just to try it.

Ahh has no numpad or macro keys not gonna be useful for me, thus why i'm finding it so hard to find a decent keyboard

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

I haven't but doens't it use Outemu switches?

I think it's Kalih (however you spell it)

54 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

I think it's Kalih (however you spell it)

Ah yes, Kailh. Honestly it's not worth spending $120+ if it has Kailh.

56 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Ahh has no numpad or macro keys not gonna be useful for me, thus why i'm finding it so hard to find a decent keyboard

Masterkeys Pro L, FC980M, Ducky Shine 4 ,Ducky one full size?