Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I got my Razer Kraken Tournament a year ago as my first mechanical keyboard with Razer's "Green Switches" wich are similar to MX Blue's. Still as new as I unboxed them for the first time :) 

*illustration photo*

razer-blackwidow-tournament-gallery-01.png

I have the Corsair K95 platinum.  The wrist rest broke so I called them to get a replacement wrist rest.  Easy right?  Nope.

Apparently they do not sell the wrist rests separate now and don't even have an inventory code for them.  So in order to get a replacement wrist rest, I had to RMA the full keyboard.   Don't get me wrong, Corsair paid for shipping both ways, and aside from a snafu where I was charged brokerage fees for a replacement computer item (corsair will refund me) I got the keyboard in under a week.  It seem silly to sacrifice a full, new keyboard just for the wrist rest. :(  But hey I got a brand new keyboard!

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

On 8/15/2017 at 8:42 PM, Kawaii Koneko said:

The build quality on it is excellent and there is no excess fluff, except arguably the RGB. I only bought the RGB model because it was on sale but now I've actually grown to appreciate having backlighting. I matched the color to the light on my Logitech G502 mouse and it really adds nice ambience. Plus, it makes typing by the monitor glow at night easier.

This is the #1 reason for RGB, in my book anyway. You can match the lighting to your other equipment much easier than if you had to swap the LEDs out. I do think individually addressable LEDs on each key are a bit of an overkill, though nobody forces you to use that.

On 8/14/2017 at 11:41 AM, the pokemon kid said:

Here is my most recent board guys! Just finished and took it along to our UK Mechanical keyboard meetup!

35726321654_69e7fb8220_z.jpg

Amber Alps Build by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

35726320164_712bba0dfc_z.jpg

Amber Alps Build by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

It took a long time to get all the parts together for this but I think it has come out really well! The Amber alps are just like clicky Topre, which is glorious!

Damn that looks awesome. Do you have any sort of build log or parts list?

1 hour ago, iFreilicht said:

Damn that looks awesome. Do you have any sort of build log or parts list?

Cheers dude, Here is a parts list:

Case: Tex TKL Aluminium case (Custom painted)
PCB: lfkeyboards.com TKL PCB

Plate: MX/Alps ISO Aluminium TKL

Switches: 85cN Amber Alps and 150cN Alps locks (SPRiT Springs)
Keycaps: DSA Alps Lightcycle in ISO UK

I just bought a K70 RGB LUX with Cherry MX Browns.  Not having ever had or really used a mech keyboard before I thought I'd go for something reasonably "safe" (and where I live you can't just walk into a shop and try it because none of them are ever on display - only the crappy membrane ones for some reason).

At first I found the scratchiness really weird and was wondering whether I perhaps made the wrong choice (and that I should have gone for reds instead), but after a couple of days of use I have to say that I really love it!

The build quality is amazing.  It's honestly the best peripheral I've ever bought...

@Aytex - yes they've fixed that issue with the LUX update.  No flickering.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this in the mail today, lovely board and much better than my old worn-out Razer Blackwidow. Got some keycaps on the way from China for it, so should have a nicer picture with non-stock keycaps to show you guys in about a month's time. I'm happy to be back on MX Browns, I find that I type a lot faster than with the blues on my old board.

hnfpdfp3v2iz.jpg

I'm a simple guy and I'm just so happy my k95 platinum works and works well. :)

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

Just joined the club with a G.Skill KM780! Chose cherry MX Reds over Browns because they were $30 cheaper. I wanted browns, but am enjoying the reds so it should be okay. Some of the media keys stay red... but, I really enjoy the ascetics of the keyboard, the headphone/USB passthrough,  along with the volume display. Plus, a new software update just came out today! So hopefully the software is more user friendly this time around. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7Ghz MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4) Storage: Crucial MX300 275Gb | WD Blue 1Tb

GPU: XFX RS RX480 8Gb Case: Corsair 270R PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Monitors: HP 22cwa | BenQ BL2420PT  Cans: ATH-M50x 

might aswell ask here, anyone know a keyboard that fullfils this list more or less?:

non cherry switches full size, extended or navless

has to be ISO so i can map it to nordic

dosent look shit together with a G502 and a Razer nostromo

tactile or clicky switches

decent build

~$100 budget, would perfer to stay bellow but i can go a bit above if i like the board

would be nice if it has media keys

nothing rubber dome, memchanical, dome with slider. totaly up for building a keyboard if that can be done for a hundred ish dollars for a full size. im fine with new or used just as long as it ships to sweden.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Been using a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid cherry blue and I love it. Building a new system though and I want a full size keyboard. Any reccomendations for a full size cherry blue keyboard? Custom lighting would be nice but not a necessity, if no lighting would like easily replaceable keycaps. 

My Ducky Shine 2 Limited Edition (MX Brown)

Ducky.jpg.b6f670096acb407770c50b5bc47bb5c4.jpg

WS: 13900K - 128GB - 6.5TB SSD - RTX 3090 24GB - 42" LG OLED C2  - W11 Pro
LAPTOP: Lenovo Gaming 3 - 8GB - 512GB SSD - GTX 1650

NAS 1: HP MicroServer Gen8 - 32TB - FreeNAS

NAS 2: 10400F - 44TB - FreeNAS

What has been happening to rgb keyboards with blue switchs in EU? Was trying to find a claymore with blue switchs, but looks like it never came to EU and it looks like Asus is not even selling claymore anymore, also, Coolermaster seem to be out of stock on most of the blue switchs keyboards :/

Picked up a Corsair K70 RGB today. Going to use it on my main rig, as these speed switches are cool once you get used to them, but they won't ever top blues for typing.

This is a great idea for a thread,  I love my new mechanical keyboard nice to find some people that share that liking. I use the Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry red switches.

Currently have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 with Cherry MX Blues. It's a decent keyboard I use it more for typing that gaming. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I've been using my cm Storm Rapid-i with MX blues for well over a year now and I love it. I've gone through a handful of different switches before it and I think blues are my favourite. 

No matter how much I look at new keyboards, I can't bring myself to buying a new one or replacing my Filco. Even sold my Ducky Shine 3 with some keycaps for about £100 and didn't buy anything with it. 

It creaks, it's getting beaten up and I love it, even if the key wobble has gotten worse over time. Cherry MX Browns, man, best keyswitch. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"