Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Hi friends, what I can say is that I have comnprado the ducky shine 6 and I can not be happier, it seems like a keyboard pass, it works perfect and the click of the teas I love, I have done a review, os I leave the link, 100% recomended

On 2/17/2017 at 9:04 AM, the pokemon kid said:

I havent been on the forum in a while, but I thought I might come in here. Drop the images off to my Great Wave custom wired keyboard and then leave again :)

32800964592_37de9dc69a_z.jpg

The Great Wave Keyboard by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

32954861865_815e1b210d_z.jpg

32830345691_f3e9888f75_z.jpg

32800999522_1b4853365d_z.jpg

32573938550_1e5fe24106_z.jpg

32111391474_d5f7666df0_z.jpg

32914028596_f88a537afd_z.jpg

it is beautiful 

I have just recently received a K70 Lux with Cherry MX Blue switches which I am replacing my old Blackwidow. Enjoying it a lot, I found out that the click in the Blackwidow with Razer Green switches (Confirmed to be not Kailh but from Greetech, phew!) to be more louder or crispy but the tactile bump or "clack" is more noticeable for me on the K70 Lux. I do NOT intend to say that the Blackwidow is bad, its a great keyboard in general and I might use it from time to time but I just favour Corsair over Razer because the features and overall build I found is more pleasing! :)

1 minute ago, Ramen Man said:

I have just recently received a K70 Lux with Cherry MX Blue switches which I am replacing my old Blackwidow. Enjoying it a lot, I found out that the click in the Blackwidow with Razer Green switches (Confirmed to be not Kailh but from Greetech, phew!) to be more louder or crispy but the tactile bump or "clack" is more noticeable for me on the K70 Lux. I do NOT intend to say that the Blackwidow is bad, its a great keyboard in general and I might use it from time to time but I just favour Corsair over Razer because the features and overall build I found is more pleasing! :)

Oh i also might start customize my key caps and i generally don't know where I could begin, I found the contoured key caps to be a hassle for some reason and I want a keycaps for my arrow keys and escape keys first with a gaming element like a Zelda Triforce that some people have.

On 17/02/2017 at 6:04 PM, the pokemon kid said:

I havent been on the forum in a while, but I thought I might come in here. Drop the images off to my Great Wave custom wired keyboard and then leave again :)

32800964592_37de9dc69a_z.jpg

32954861865_815e1b210d_z.jpg

32830345691_f3e9888f75_z.jpg

32800999522_1b4853365d_z.jpg

32573938550_1e5fe24106_z.jpg

32111391474_d5f7666df0_z.jpg

32914028596_f88a537afd_z.jpg

Ayooo, saw this on /r/MK a while ago, still looks stunning!

On 2/20/2017 at 6:19 AM, Ramen Man said:

Corsair does make some great keyboards. I've used the K70 and K95 before and they were awesome, but personally I prefer Ducky. I own a Ducky Shine 6 and it's the best keyboard i've ever had.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

9 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Corsair does make some great keyboards. I've used the K70 and K95 before and they were awesome, but personally I prefer Ducky. I own a Ducky Shine 6 and it's the best keyboard i've ever had.

I have actually tested a sample that was in store whilst I was in Hong Kong and I see why Luke actually loves them! I received the K70 before I managed to find a Ducky since they were at a different location so I couldn't get one. :( Rn the keyboards I would want to get in the future (switches also in particularly) are Topre and IBM model M or the new ones from Unicomp but idk if I can get one since they are in America and I am in England.

I have actually tested a sample that was in store whilst I was in Hong Kong and I see why Luke actually loves them! I received the K70 before I managed to find a Ducky since they were at a different location so I couldn't get one. :( Rn the keyboards I would want to get in the future (switches also in particularly) are Topre and IBM model M or the new ones from Unicomp but idk if I can get one since they are in America and I am in England.

Ahh, IBM Model M. Retro.

And true. It's a pain in the ass to find stuff like that if you're anywhere outside of the US

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 minute ago, N1ghtshade said:

Ahh, IBM Model M. Retro.

And true. It's a pain in the ass to find stuff like that if you're anywhere outside of the US

I maybe able to find on Ebay or Amazon but I highly doubt that it will be in good condition...

6 minutes ago, Ramen Man said:

I maybe able to find on Ebay or Amazon but I highly doubt that it will be in good condition...

https://www.amazon.com/Unicomp-Classic-Buckling-Spring-Keyboard/dp/B01M29PYF4/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1487698085&sr=1-1&keywords=ibm+model+m

Boom

Edit: Whoops just found out it doesn't ship to UK. My bad

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

3 minutes ago, Ramen Man said:

I have been on the American site but to order from England, Unicomp doesn't apply to where I live, so it wont be as easy.

Yeah I just figured that out haha

But, there is alternatives. Would a W95 work for you? It's pretty close to the Model M, almost exactly the same. And it ships to UK

Also, there's this

https://www.amazon.com/104KEY-Keyboard-Beige-Layout-Rohs/dp/B000IQWVLW/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1487698489&sr=1-8&keywords=ibm+model+m

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Yeah I just figured that out haha

But, there is alternatives. Would a W95 work for you? It's pretty close to the Model M, almost exactly the same. And it ships to UK

https://www.amazon.com/IBM-Rapid-Response-Keyboard-Pearl/dp/B00004XPJC/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1487698339&sr=1-3&keywords=ibm+model+m

Yeah that would be fine but still, Idk how to order it as I am in a different country to you. Different countries.

Yeah that would be fine but still, Idk how to order it as I am in a different country to you. Different countries.

It ships to UK

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

It ships to UK

Yeah but Idk if I am able to convert some money to American Dollars and order it, I am not too sure how credit cards or amazon works.

Yeah but Idk if I am able to convert some money to American Dollars and order it, I am not too sure how credit cards or amazon works.

Just put in a credit card on your Amazon account. You'll pay however much it is in pounds, and the seller will receive that much in US dollars

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just put in a credit card on your Amazon account. You'll pay however much it is in pounds, and the seller will receive that much in US dollars

Ohh I see thank you very much!

11 minutes ago, Ramen Man said:

Ohh I see thank you very much!

No problemo! Glad I could help

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

I am using REDRAGON K552A KUMARA RGB mechanical keyboard. It's not a Cherry MX switch though but it worked very nice for me.

CPU: I5-8400  Motherboard: ROG STRIX B360H  RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 8GB DDR4-2400 GPU: Palit GTX 1060 6GB SUPER JETSTREAM Case: TECWARE VISION Storage: WD 480 Green M.2 | SAMSUNG 120 SSD | 1 TB WD Blue  PSU: Silverstone ST60FPB 600 Modular 80+ Bronze

57 minutes ago, Lyle said:

I am using REDRAGON K552A KUMARA RGB mechanical keyboard. It's not a Cherry MX switch though but it worked very nice for me.

What kind of switch? MX Brown, Blue, Black, or Red?

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

36 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

36 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

He said that it isn't a cherry mx switch.

38 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

This is what the keyboard offers btw:

-Custom mechanical switches (Cherry Green equivalent) for ultimate gaming performance

-RGB LED adjustable lighting and double-shot injection melded keycaps for crystal clear backlighting

-Aluminium and ABS construction, mechanical keys, and gold plated USB connector stand up to hardcore gaming

-Custom mechanical switches designed for longevity, responsiveness, and durability. Mechanical keys with medium resistance, audible click sound, and tactile feedback

-87 standard conflict free keys, 12 multimedia keys, and splash-proof design

19 minutes ago, Ramen Man said:

He said that it isn't a cherry mx switch.

Ohh I thought he said it was Cherry MX haha

17 minutes ago, Ramen Man said:

This is what the keyboard offers btw:

-Custom mechanical switches (Cherry Green equivalent) for ultimate gaming performance

-RGB LED adjustable lighting and double-shot injection melded keycaps for crystal clear backlighting

-Aluminium and ABS construction, mechanical keys, and gold plated USB connector stand up to hardcore gaming

-Custom mechanical switches designed for longevity, responsiveness, and durability. Mechanical keys with medium resistance, audible click sound, and tactile feedback

-87 standard conflict free keys, 12 multimedia keys, and splash-proof design

Not a bad keyboard man

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

4 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Not a bad keyboard man

Bat keyboard lmao

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

4 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Not a bat keyboard man

Nah not enough to be a batman keyboard, needs more lasers, grabbling hooks, jetpacks, screwdrivers etc.