Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

It seems I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm currently running a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i from Cooler Master.

It's a TKL with Cherry MX Brown switches and white backlighting. My first ever mech, and I love it to death.

I bought a Logitech G610 with the Brown switches on Saturday, should be arriving either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Would love for it to be here tomorrow though realistically it'll probably be here when Amazon estimates it to be here which is Wednesday. 

It'll be my first mechanical keyboard. I'm excited. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Hey guys, I'm looking to do a Keyboard build because I want a unique keyboard for gaming. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on any Back-lit Keyboards That come bare bones like WASDkeyboards. 

1 hour ago, Fleanuts said:

Hey guys, I'm looking to do a Keyboard build because I want a unique keyboard for gaming. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on any Back-lit Keyboards That come bare bones like WASDkeyboards. 

I mean, it's not much of a build if you're not actually building the keyboard, is it? ;)

Why not just get a backlit WASD board? They do have those...

Otherwise, I'd suggest Ducky, but those will still come with caps.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Put O-rings on my cherry MX blue keyboard... best upgrade I have made in some time!

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

6 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I mean, it's not much of a build if you're not actually building the keyboard, is it? ;)

yeah, not a build unless you build it. Speaking of which,I still need to finish my keyboard. Christmas break up finish it. Hopefully.... Been really busy.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

10 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Thanks! I'll go check it out! And yeah I guess i meant i wanted a keyboard i could put my own caps on :) I have a set of PBTs i fell in love with that are Doubleshot and Backlit for my k65, but the keyboards d key is chattering insanely, so it kinda hard to play competitive games. Can anyone provide a link for backlit WASD keyboards?

Evening folks, first post at ltt.

I have a dilema, I kill keyboards regularly, Actually i'm sitting here and typing on a busted G710+ while my M800 Apex is in Denmark for RMA.

It's clear that I am to abusive but it's an old habit "20+ years" that i have a hard time changing, membrane boards could just handle it better but as you all know there is no going back after you change to mechanical. What i need is a proper bulletproof board, TLK, Red MX and preferably made of russian steel. No RGB bullc... or macro switches necessary.

Been looking at FILCO, Ducky and WASD boards, is there another brand that i have missed that focus on no nonsense, pure quality and offer MX Red switches?   

2 hours ago, Rambi83 said:

Evening folks, first post at ltt.

I have a dilema, I kill keyboards regularly, Actually i'm sitting here and typing on a busted G710+ while my M800 Apex is in Denmark for RMA.

It's clear that I am to abusive but it's an old habit "20+ years" that i have a hard time changing, membrane boards could just handle it better but as you all know there is no going back after you change to mechanical. What i need is a proper bulletproof board, TLK, Red MX and preferably made of russian steel. No RGB bullc... or macro switches necessary.

Been looking at FILCO, Ducky and WASD boards, is there another brand that i have missed that focus on no nonsense, pure quality and offer MX Red switches?   

If you want something that will never break, go buy a model M or model F. The issue that you're having is likely that you're breaking the switches themselves, in which case, there's simply no getting around it. Maybe learn to actually take care of your shit, and deal with your anger in a responsible way. That or keep buying new keyboards all the time.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Anyone here who type and bottom out a lot? I would like to have a scenario where i type right around the actuation point and let off once i pass it. at the moment i have only used browns (and using one now) but for typing i bottom them out a lot, but it's pretty good for gaming. i have looked into clears which have a heavier tactile feeling so i thought it might help in trying to reduce bottoming. Noise is not the problem here, but rather just avoiding the prospect of hitting the bottom. O-rings aren't really what i am looking for. 

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

Anyone here who type and bottom out a lot? I would like to have a scenario where i type right around the actuation point and let off once i pass it. at the moment i have only used browns (and using one now) but for typing i bottom them out a lot, but it's pretty good for gaming. i have looked into clears which have a heavier tactile feeling so i thought it might help in trying to reduce bottoming. Noise is not the problem here, but rather just avoiding the prospect of hitting the bottom. O-rings aren't really what i am looking for. 

I found that I bottom out least on medium to heavy linear switches. Otherwise I bottom out like a mofo.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I found that I bottom out least on medium to heavy linear switches. Otherwise I bottom out like a mofo.

i want super blacks just to see if that will help me with that.

7 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

If you want something that will never break, go buy a model M or model F. The issue that you're having is likely that you're breaking the switches themselves, in which case, there's simply no getting around it. Maybe learn to actually take care of your shit, and deal with your anger in a responsible way. That or keep buying new keyboards all the time.

I should have been more clear, it's not that i'm hitting my boards or anything "that's why i have sturdy desk".

I just put too much pressure thru my fingers resulting in that the caps break.

The switches are fine, i have just chosen boards that don't have exchangeable caps for the last 4years which meant that as soon as i broke the cap i had to start trying diy it together again. The above reason is why i want mx switches so that i can find new caps everywhere, ironically red have given me the best results.

But still, even if it is only the caps that have crumbled so far that does not mean i would not want a A+ grade case and board that they attach to

Got a new cream Filco in the mail today! Cherry Mx browns. It's an excellent board, too! The best part of it is that the board fits on my laptop perfectly!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

The keyboard that i use is obviously the logitech g710+ brown is there anyone that doesn't like the keyboard.

5 hours ago, Dylan. said:

The keyboard that i use is obviously the logitech g710+ brown is there anyone that doesn't like the keyboard.

All the people that got broken caps from the first runs. Also, all the people that don't like o rings. Oh, and the people that don't like macro keys. Can't forget about the people that don't like full size boards, or plastic boards, etc. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

17 hours ago, Dylan. said:

I don't like the orange trim on the macro keys, other than that, it's a solid keyboard. That trim was the one thing that swayed me away from buying it nonetheless.

i just noticed that one switch on my TKL board feels slightly mushier compared to the rest. not a huge deal when i'm typing but i actually feel it when i am gaming 

I'm using a G910 Orion Spectrum (normal shaped caps) I've had since I had a mac and I kept it when I moved back to Windows 10. I enjoy the keyboard but I will probably go back to the corsair keyboards but I really enjoy the Arx app you get with the Logitech G910 so I'll think about it.

I think I'm getting a Ducky One TKL RGB, to replace my old Ducky Shine 3 TKL that my fiance had spilled water on, for Christmas!

Anyone have any experience with the board? I'm assuming it'll be great like all the other Ducky's I've owned. I'm going to try and see if my Vortex aluminum case fits this keyboard too, like it fit the Shine 3 TKL. For now, here's pictures of the dearly departed. RIP in peace sweet prince. </3

DSC_0005.jpgDSC_0032.jpgDSC_0037.jpgDSC_0039.jpg

Rapoo V500 TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.

Kaihl yellow switches. Feels like a very slightly heavier cherry mx red. Overall build quality is good but nothing special, the board has a nice heavy weight and a few but very usefull extra keys like windows lock and dedicated volume and mute buttons.

Edit: forgot to mention the weak spacebar, might be stabilizer issue

S_5395283617247.jpg

Finally finished a half. To find out my teensy is counterfit.

Time to order new ones, desolder, and solder again.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."