Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I use Corsair K70 with reds, but i use a double (red) O-ring dampeners. Feels really soft and chusiony when i press on them with a low clack noise.

May Your System be Silent, and your Frames the Most Violent

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:                                                              

CPU: i7-8086K (5.1Gh/1.3V)  (Delided) Rocket Cool Copper Ihs Cover upgrade W/Liq'metal.

MOBO: Asus Maximus X-Formula Z370

CASE:  Corsair 570X

GPU: Asus Strix/oc1080Ti

PSU: Corsair HX-1000 80+Platinum

RAM: Corsair Vengeance/RGB 32Gb @ 3200mhz (XMP)

SSD: Boot:Samsung 960EVO/M.2 500Gb Storage:Samsung 860EVO/250Gb

COOLING: Ekwb Predator 360 Aio (Modified: Primo-Chill Soft Tube. Ek fittings 10mm/13mm, Xspc EC6 Coolant, EK Supremacy EVO/Nikel-Block)

ISP: SPECTRUM(TWC): 118Mbps/Download 11Mbps/Upload 56ms/Ping

Peripherals: Corsair K95/Platinum Steel-Series RIVAL 600

Monitor: Asus Strix/XG31VQ 1440P/144Hz

might be a hard question to answer, but does anyone know if there are any mechanical (cherry mx) keyboards that have chiclet/laptop style keys?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

8 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

might be a hard question to answer, but does anyone know if there are any mechanical (cherry mx) keyboards that have chiclet/laptop style keys?

No. Not possible.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

8 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You may be interested in cherry ml rather than cherry MX. But otherwise no cherry MX is a type of switch that has a longer throw than chiclet keyboards.

26 minutes ago, Charger said:

You may be interested in cherry ml rather than cherry MX. But otherwise no cherry MX is a type of switch that has a longer throw than chiclet keyboards.

Are there any cherry ml switches

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

9 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

1 hour ago, spwath said:

No. Not possible.

59 minutes ago, Charger said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NITL8B0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=283436RX5UYPF&coliid=I66088EHZJMDJ&psc=1

Kinda. It's still going to have the full mechanical travel, and it's going to actuate at 2mm, but this is the closest thing to a chiclet mechanical board that I've seen.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

7 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NITL8B0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=283436RX5UYPF&coliid=I66088EHZJMDJ&psc=1

Kinda. It's still going to have the full mechanical travel, and it's going to actuate at 2mm, but this is the closest thing to a chiclet mechanical board that I've seen.

For some reason I was thinking they had shorter travel to go with the lower profile caps. Oh well I guess that is what I get for talking about switches I'm not really interested in.

This little guy was waiting for me at the local post office today.

4mLSL3H.jpgyS2aLhk.jpg1vs8v6m.jpgjflKcjg.jpg

It's a Leopold FC660C. My very 1st dive into Topre switches. :)

Looking for a white RBG mechanical keyboard without numpad!

White keycaps AND frame! Any tips?

1 hour ago, MVPernula said:

Looking for a white RBG mechanical keyboard without numpad!

White keycaps AND frame! Any tips?

Maybe a Ducky One TKL RGB White model/version? They're still not available but you can pre-order one here: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2034

That's the model with Cherry MX Red switches, but they'll become available in Browns, Blues and Blacks aswell (the pre-order pages are already up). The ETA is the end of November though...

Edit: I just noticed you are located in Sweden. Buying from mechanicalkeyboards.com might not be the best deal for you then due to expensive import taxes and whatnot. The regular Black Ducky One TKL RGB models are supposed to arrive in Europe soon... maybe the White variants will follow?

37 minutes ago, Vox_Lusa said:

Maybe a Ducky One TKL RGB White model/version? They're still not available but you can pre-order one here: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2034

That's the model with Cherry MX Red switches, but they'll become available in Browns, Blues and Blacks aswell (the pre-order pages are already up). The ETA is the end of November though...

Edit: I just noticed you are located in Sweden. Buying from mechanicalkeyboards.com might not be the best deal for you then due to expensive import taxes and whatnot. The regular Black Ducky One TKL RGB models are supposed to arrive in Europe soon... maybe the White variants will follow?

Hmm yeah that's a pretty hefty pricetag.

Any black framed with white keycaps? RGB too!

23 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Hmm yeah that's a pretty hefty pricetag.

Any black framed with white keycaps? RGB too!

I don't know of any black frame/case RGB keyboard with white keycaps... your best bet would be to simply buy a regular all black RGB board and then buy a new keyset separately, something like a White Vortex doubleshot PBT/POM set or even a Ducky keyset.

Or you could look for something like this in the classifieds (r/mech market and GeekHack).

My wife got me a thing for my birthday, my wife is awesome! This is my first mechnical and I got the blue switches. (there the Greetech Cherry knock-off's, which up till last year the dasKeyboards for Mac had Cherrys in them... :/

daskeyboard-4-professional-for-mac-front

got my first mech keyboard cherry reds love the feel, adore the sound just need to learn to type !!

ducky shine zero

Hi All,

Well I have got some custom keyboard work coming up shortly on my Phantom board! I am getting a section for the controller milled out of the aluminium so that it sits a bit better, I am also then getting it resprayed as its got a few small damage marks on it. I took it to a local powder coaters and they have given me a good price to have it done...

Here are my options (They are on alloys because thats the majority of his work.):

Like a gun metal Grey

2016-09-28 16.44.41.jpg

Or Matte Black

2016-09-28 16.45.54.jpg

Or a Gun metal Blue

2016-09-28 16.46.02.jpg

Or A slighly darker Satin silver

2016-09-28 16.46.09.jpg

Or the the same silver it is now...

2016-09-28 16.45.45.jpg

This is the keycap set I have got coming for this keyboard!

matset.jpg

Tell me what you think!

I am not 100% sure on the black as my other keyboards are black and I want something else, I am swaying towards that beautiful gunmetal grey or blue!

On 8/25/2016 at 10:39 AM, Charger said:

shopping for a usb connector and buy a keyboard? that sounds like you took shopping advice from @TheProfosist lol

is this not the proper way to do things?

I like pretty lights alright... don't judge please. xD

New board came in today. It's a Ducky Shine 5 with Cherry MX Reds (ISO-ES).

8GOUEKs.jpg

LGjvzQw.gif

The keyboard came with two spacebars so I took the one that was originally on the Shine 5 and replaced it with the "goat" spacebar. Then I put the original spacebar in my CM MasterKeys Pro S.

Here's the result:

NCcRHP2.jpg

It doesn't look as bright/shine as much as it does on the Shine 5 because the Pro S only have a single led on the spacebar (the one on the switch) and the Ducky have 3 leds. But I like how it looks anyway. :)

Ducky Shine 5 lighshow.mp4

I can't take a picture right now since I'm away at college.  But the Tomoko MM023 is a fully mechanical keyboard.  They aren't Cherry MX switches, but some clones called  Huano Blue switches.  I like it. 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

5 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

I can't take a picture right now since I'm away at college.  But the Tomoko MM023 is a fully mechanical keyboard.  They aren't Cherry MX switches, but some clones called  Huano Blue switches.  I like it. 

huano makes mx clones? I thought they just made mouse switches

Just now, Charger said:

Apparently.  At least that's all the information I could find on the switches (from PCPartPicker mind you).  I know the switches on them, very small, very hard to read. they say Switchmaster.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On 9/28/2016 at 9:50 PM, Charger said:

everyone knocks off Cherry MX now...

Two new photos I took today:

3dUr3G6.jpg

Ducky Shine 5 with Cherry MX Reds and a Tai-Hao set, White w/Black font (doubleshot ABS).

O1yEYBV.jpg

And this is the keyboard I'm using right now. It's a KÛL ES-87 with 65g tactile Zealios, blue top case and a Vortex doubleshot PBT (White/Blue) keyset.

The mouse is a Logitech G403 (Prodigy series, wired). It's a pretty good mouse imo.

:)