Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
38 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

The cable was the thinnest I could get but ended up fairly thick! I am going to make another one which is slightly shorter as this cable is super long!

Yeh, dont worry there will be some pictures! Just got to waiting for the keycaps now!

That reminds me I still need to order keycaps for my project but I keep buying other things and I need a new mouse and want to build some furniture so it's hard to set a side $100 for some caps

3 minutes ago, Charger said:

That reminds me I still need to order keycaps for my project but I keep buying other things and I need a new mouse and want to build some furniture so it's hard to set a side $100 for some caps

I saw a sick looking keycap set the other day on GH. Its the Keyboard & co set! The light blue and black looked awesome!

Just now, the pokemon kid said:

I saw a sick looking keycap set the other day on GH. Its the Keyboard & co set! The light blue and black looked awesome!

Was that the set for the mini van?

8 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

I shall take this double post and make it useful!

This set
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84121.0

I am really not a fan of the mini van keyboard!

i took the double post to mean you were on mobile lol.

The minivan is a 40% and the keycaps are the lightcycle set that I really like the looks of but would have no use for sadly unless I wanted to buy the minivan as well.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/minivan-keyboard?mode=guest_open

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/lightcycle-dsa-custom-keycap-set-for-the-minivan?mode=guest_open

Oh speaking about massdrop I did order the GMK Carbon set when it was on there now I'm just stuck in the never ending wait for keycaps that have not even been made yet for a keyboard I have not even started thinking about building yet. lol

CIAe5YN.jpg

1 hour ago, Charger said:

Oh speaking about massdrop I did order the GMK Carbon set when it was on there now I'm just stuck in the never ending wait for keycaps that have not even been made yet for a keyboard I have not even started thinking about building yet. lol

CIAe5YN.jpg

Tell me about it. I went for the Amazing Chocolatier set as my first set of real expensive enthusiast keycaps, and I really need to stop thinking about them as they won't be shipping until Feb 2017 :(

MY BUILD LOG

Instagram: @enz0man

6 minutes ago, Enz0man said:

Tell me about it. I went for the Amazing Chocolatier set as my first set of real expensive enthusiast keycaps, and I really need to stop thinking about them as they won't be shipping until Feb 2017 :(

being sa and how fragmented that drop was kind of bugged me about them but they do look nice.

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

being sa and how fragmented that drop was kind of bugged me about them but they do look nice.

To be honest, I'm not sure what you mean by "fragmented" 

MY BUILD LOG

Just now, Enz0man said:

To be honest, I'm not sure what you mean by "fragmented" 

it was just broken up into a bunch of different parts as I recall

Just now, Charger said:

it was just broken up into a bunch of different parts as I recall

Ohhh I see what you mean. Yeah there were a bunch of different kits that you could choose from to fit different kinds of keyboards and layouts. I just got the base kit, modifiers, and novelties. But they had numpad kits, community keycaps, kits to fit Ergodox, Whitefox, and almost anything you could imagine. I like that they accommodated all different layouts and what not, but I do understand what you mean.

MY BUILD LOG

3 minutes ago, Enz0man said:

Ohhh I see what you mean. Yeah there were a bunch of different kits that you could choose from to fit different kinds of keyboards and layouts. I just got the base kit, modifiers, and novelties. But they had numpad kits, community keycaps, kits to fit Ergodox, Whitefox, and almost anything you could imagine. I like that they accommodated all different layouts and what not, but I do understand what you mean.

by splitting it up that way you could play less if you needed only part but if you wanted most of it than it ends up costing more than if they did it all as one big kit.

13 minutes ago, Charger said:

by splitting it up that way you could play less if you needed only part but if you wanted most of it than it ends up costing more than if they did it all as one big kit.

In some cases maybe, but not always. There is another GB on right now for the SA Camping keyset on keyclack.com. There are no options for that set. You get 156 keys for $180 and that's it. If you go to the Amazing Chocolatier page on Massdrop and add up the prices for the corresponding kits that would make it equivalent to the Camping set, The Amazing Chocolatier actually comes out about 25 bucks cheaper.

MY BUILD LOG

6 minutes ago, Enz0man said:

In some cases maybe, but not always. There is another GB on right now for the SA Camping keyset on keyclack.com. There are no options for that set. You get 156 keys for $180 and that's it. If you go to the Amazing Chocolatier page on Massdrop and add up the prices for the corresponding kits that would make it equivalent to the Camping set, The Amazing Chocolatier actually comes out about 25 bucks cheaper.

That may be a result of adjusting price for volume of sales but I feel like if it was sold as one kit on massdrop it's price would have been cheaper at the end. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I think whenever I see kits sold that way where people or spending $200 for all of it

I use a Corsair K70 LUX with blues, and they sound and feel amazing, but they're not very good when people are trying to sleep at 2 in the morning. 

"Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." John F. Kennedy

"Daddy is going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." Linus Sebastian

"It's soft, but in a good way, kinda like typing on boobs." Luke Lafreniere

On 8/25/2016 at 9:28 PM, MrDynamicMan said:

Yeah. After rebooted I looked again and it's a actually a very nice layout. Especially if the numpad can also bind macros. I'd have F keys, but that's just me. 

Pink because the bottom is blue, and I really like that color combo. 

As for the numpad, I'm a lefty, and I wanted a numpad without having to have it on the right. As for F keys, I can set up the numlock key as a two phase switch (maybe even three, although I haven't tried that) and that will let me switch between numpad, homing, and F keys all I want, so I really don't need it. Not to mention, the number row doubles as my F keys.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I realized last night that I sent a keyboard from australia to the wrong address here at my university. Hopefully they'll be able to find who it's supposed to go to...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

11 hours ago, Charger said:

I like fragmation, without it my keycaps would have cost a fortune.... well more than they did at least.

2 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

As for the numpad, I'm a lefty, and I wanted a numpad without having to have it on the right. As for F keys, I can set up the numlock key as a two phase switch (maybe even three, although I haven't tried that) and that will let me switch between numpad, homing, and F keys all I want, so I really don't need it. Not to mention, the number row doubles as my F keys.

I would want a numpad on the left as well. I have an external one though.

Now my keyboard has some progress.

Not done yet, left half isnt even wired yet. But progress.

Typing on it, its weird grid layout, need to get used to it.

Purple zealios are amazingly silent, in part due to the dampening wood.

Think ill decrease my wrist wrest size though.....

20160827_115117 (2).jpg20160827_115145.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

11 hours ago, Charger said:

I like fragmation, without it my keycaps would have cost a fortune.... well more than they did at least.

2 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

20160827_115117 (2).jpg20160827_115145.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

so the MSI GK-701 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is on sale on massdrop. im planning to get it. anyone have had problems with that keyboard. just wanna make sure before buying it

On 27/08/2016 at 4:57 PM, spwath said:

That keyboard would really screw me up until I got used to it... There is a keyboard at work where the keys aren't quite like normal and my typing goes right out the windows. I suddenly can't spell a thing!

16 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

That keyboard would really screw me up until I got used to it... There is a keyboard at work where the keys aren't quite like normal and my typing goes right out the windows. I suddenly can't spell a thing!

I now press caps lock when trying to use numbers on normal keyboards thanks to this 40% lol

On 7/14/2016 at 6:40 PM, tkim said:

Gorgeous boards!,thought I would share mine too

z - Copy.JPG

My oh my, RF and HHKB keyboards plus HD800 and HD600, if you're dabbling with both keyboards and cans, you're in a world of hurt.

It's great to see the KB community still going strong......I'm afraid I've more or less given up buying new keyboards in favor of cans. I still have >20 keyboards (6 of which are Topre) and have trimmed my collection of cans to 15, wished I'd not stuck my nose into the audiophile world though, it got real expensive real fast!

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

My new Keyboard just turned up however in my excitement I have bought a dud PS/2 to USB adapter. I bought it in a rush without reading any of the reviews which all say its a pile of crap...

Now to have a trip to my local PC store to get one sorted/ to make sure I haven't been sold a lemon.