Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
19 minutes ago, Enz0man said:

The Corsair K70 is acutally none of those. The bottom row goes [1.5] [1.0] [1.25] [6.5] [1.25] [1.0] [1.0] [1.5]

It's the same as the Logitech G710+ that I have. The only keysets that I know of that fit these layouts are these two:

http://www.geekkeys.com/eck-silver-abs-backlit-keyset-for-corsair-k70-logitech-g710/

http://www.geekkeys.com/eck-white-abs-backlit-keyset-for-corsair-k70-logitech-g710/

There are probably others available, but those are the two that I know of. You could also buy whatever keyset you want, then try to find some individual keys for the bottom row that would match whatever set you choose.

max universal keycap set should also fit it

9 hours ago, Enz0man said:

The Corsair K70 is acutally none of those. The bottom row goes [1.5] [1.0] [1.25] [6.5] [1.25] [1.0] [1.0] [1.5]

It's the same as the Logitech G710+ that I have. The only keysets that I know of that fit these layouts are these two:

http://www.geekkeys.com/eck-silver-abs-backlit-keyset-for-corsair-k70-logitech-g710/

http://www.geekkeys.com/eck-white-abs-backlit-keyset-for-corsair-k70-logitech-g710/

There are probably others available, but those are the two that I know of. You could also buy whatever keyset you want, then try to find some individual keys for the bottom row that would match whatever set you choose.

dang those silver ones are sexy

I plan on getting a Corsair Strafe (RGB) with the Cherry MX Brown switches. 

Mechanical Keyboards are pretty nice, though I've never had a problem with membrane or scissor switch membrane keyboards. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I got a new mech this past Friday.

5FDO4lk.jpg

TOOEPTw.jpg

It's a CM Masterkeys Pro S with Cherry MX Brown switches. :)

7 hours ago, Vox_Lusa said:

I got a new mech this past Friday.

5FDO4lk.jpg

TOOEPTw.jpg

It's a CM Masterkeys Pro S with Cherry MX Brown switches. :)

I see some artisans! Which ones are those? It's hard to tell with the backlighting

MY BUILD LOG

Instagram: @enz0man

8 hours ago, Enz0man said:

I see some artisans! Which ones are those? It's hard to tell with the backlighting

The 1st one (the one on the Esc key) is a Green Poison Warmaster from HotKeysProject (it's my one and only keycap from Martin thus far). The one on the PrtScreen is a semi-opaque Red with Glitter keycap from GloyZ and the other two are both Gem caps from Gen.S (Turquoise and Ruby). I got the Warmaster and the Red w/glitter cherry profile cap from GeekHack and the Gems I got from Massdrop.

On 5/9/2016 at 2:37 AM, Vox_Lusa said:

The 1st one (the one on the Esc key) is a Green Poison Warmaster from HotKeysProject (it's my one and only keycap from Martin thus far). The one on the PrtScreen is a semi-opaque Red with Glitter keycap from GloyZ and the other two are both Gem caps from Gen.S (Turquoise and Ruby). I got the Warmaster and the Red w/glitter cherry profile cap from GeekHack and the Gems I got from Massdrop.

That is awesome! I'm hoping to start collecting a few artisans here and there when I have some spare cash I don't mind spending. The caps themselves aren't that expensive, but it's shipping to Canada that makes it so much. I'm usually paying almost as much for shipping as I am for the cap :(

MY BUILD LOG

My mx locks and Keycaps shipped ahs should arrive soon.

My plates should be ready soon hopefully...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just ordered a b.87 pcb, acrylic case, and some zealios switches. The hype is real!

On 4/26/2016 at 6:19 AM, spwath said:

There are plenty, especially now with the Blackwiddow x. Use that to tell you if ours because of the plate.

Wait what? I dont get the last part of that sentence... 

2 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

Wait what? I dont get the last part of that sentence... 

Me neither... I'll have to think about what i was trying to say...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Did some mods to my Logitech G710+! I'm super happy with how it turned out :) The keycaps look really tasty...

http://imgur.com/a/VpLaG

DSC04029.JPG

DSC04035.JPG

Painted the whole keyboard white, then added GeekKeys rainbow keycaps. Had to mod the spacebar and stabilizers to get it to fit, but it works perfectly now :D I love it

MY BUILD LOG

13 hours ago, Enz0man said:

Did some mods to my Logitech G710+! I'm super happy with how it turned out :) The keycaps look really tasty..

Are those the Blank Thick PBT rainbow set? 

I through PBT was opaque, and moreso if its thick. Interesting.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

3 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

Yep those are the caps I have! And I thought the same thing, but it actually shines through really well. Like it's pretty damn bright.

MY BUILD LOG

8 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

lighter colors of pbt tend to be more translucent than they do opaque. Mostly, it has to do with the color of the plastic. Much more than it does the material, anyway.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

My Keycaps arrive tomorrow, whenever the plates are done ( they should be done by end if week), i will start a keyboard build log.

I'm using the Razer Blackwidow Chroma, i love the feel of the "Razer" switches, personally the cherry switches i've tried have not really felt great to me. But overall i love the aesthetic of the blackwidow chroma. Overpriced? Maybe. RGB needed? Not at all but why not

My PC: I7 4770 (3.4Ghz)

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8502026

6 hours ago, Jack Longman said:

i love the feel of the "Razer" switches

Apparently the feel varies. People have been noticing the new keyboards feel different from last years models.

2013 - Cherry MX switches

2014-2015 - Kailh rebranded Razer switches

2016 - Greetech rebranded Razer switches

They've upped the warranty and durability rating on their keyboards for 2016. Now 2 year warranty and 80M actuations. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Granite Keycaps and mx lock switches arrived today. I'll see if i can get the plates by the end of the week.

My lovely keycaps are here, and my mx locks

Temp keyboard:
20160518_154351.jpg

Real layout:

20160518_152600.jpg

MX locks(really love my lg g4's focusing)
20160518_155158.jpg

I don't feel that this deserved a thread of it's own, so I'll just ask here:

Does the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid have a non-standard bottom row or not? I've been itching to buy myself a keycap set for a while, but I hear mixed information about the bottom row. Some people say "Sure, just buy this set," while other say that the spacebar is larger than normal. Anyone have any idea/experience?

Edit: also, should I get 0.2 or 0.4 mm O-rings for MX Blues?

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Plate maker says they should be done this weekend...

Then my build will start.

4 minutes ago, spwath said:

Plate maker says they should be done this weekend...

Then my build will start.

well it sounded like they should have been done months ago as well if I recall correctly that is.

13 minutes ago, Charger said:

well it sounded like they should have been done months ago as well if I recall correctly that is.

Yeah.

But they were doing it for free, and it didnt really matter as I didnt have my parts yet, I just got my last things yesterday, told them that, so hopefully they will finish the plates now.

15 hours ago, steezemageeze said:

I don't feel that this deserved a thread of it's own, so I'll just ask here:

Does the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid have a non-standard bottom row or not? I've been itching to buy myself a keycap set for a while, but I hear mixed information about the bottom row. Some people say "Sure, just buy this set," while other say that the spacebar is larger than normal. Anyone have any idea/experience?

Edit: also, should I get 0.2 or 0.4 mm O-rings for MX Blues?

Post a photo of your board. There have been a few boards in the past where they swapped the layouts around slightly. That's probably why you have mixed info. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)