Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Nice Idea to create a thread for mechanical keyboards.

I believe it might be possible to have Linus or Slick create a sub forum for mechanical keyboard related discussion since they both are great fans of mechanical keyboards.

I am mostly a Cherry MX blue guy and I have a Das Keyboard Proffessional.

Nice Idea to create a thread for mechanical keyboards. I believe it might be possible to have Linus or Slick create a sub forum for mechanical keyboard related discussion since they both are great fans of mechanical keyboards. I am mostly a Cherry MX blue guy and I have a Das Keyboard Proffessional.

Hopefully that can happen! Obviously the forum is in early BETA, but yes, as you say they seem huge Mech. Keyboard fans.

Nice board, how do you find the blues? I had a blue board before, the sound eventually did me over, but i loved the typing feeling, hence getting browns :)

Nice topic Dave! I'm currently using a Ozone Strike, MX Black. I've spoken about this brand (Ozone) to some people, but no one recognized it. Its pretty cool, no problems so far. I also prefer keyboards with no macro keys. My old one was a SteelSeries 7G and I bought it because it was one of the few with my layout (pt), but the keys would jump very easily upon its release. Not very cool when you rage :/

Great idea!

Hopefully this can be the sort of place people can come when they're looking at going mechanical. I know I fount it hard to get good recommendations when I was first looking.

Looking at the shot of your keyboard made me look down at mine, and it definitely isn't ready for any glamor shots at the moment. I really don't know how you would keep those white keycaps clean!

I use a Ducky Shine with Cherry MX Browns.

Personally haven't tried Blues, but a friend of mine just got one, so I might go see if I like them.

I use a Corsair K90 with red switches.

There isnt a lot of choise were I live, so yeah, it also looks good with my setup

I've been using a Corsair K90 (reds for those that don't know), definitely better than a membrane keyboard and I'm not disappointed with it but I would preferably have something with blues, just didn't have a lot of options at the time.

I just got my qpad mk-85 Brown keyboard. I only have to get used to it cause its a big difference between this and my old office keyboard! :D But it rocks!

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Fantastic idea for a topic and nice layout on the post. :)

I have a Black Widow non-ultimate with its strange Blue switches. Hahah. If I were to upgrade what would you guys recommend? I like the blue switches for sure. And I need a num pad.

Awesome. Hopefully one of you can help me. I have a g15 v1, but its slowly dying on me. So I want a new keyboard. Needs to be Cherry MX browns. Any recommendations?

Also budget is whatever.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Fantastic idea for a topic and nice layout on the post. :) I have a Black Widow non-ultimate with its strange Blue switches. Hahah. If I were to upgrade what would you guys recommend? I like the blue switches for sure. And I need a num pad.

Depends what you want really, backlit? Macro keys?

Awesome. Hopefully one of you can help me. I have a g15 v1' date=' but its slowly dying on me. So I want a new keyboard. Needs to be Cherry MX browns. Any recommendations? Also budget is whatever. [/quote']

Same as above, what's your preference for board, tenkeyless? Macro keys? Backlit?

For both of you, i could suggest looking at Ducky Shine II

Good suggestion. Hopefully I can find a company that has one (NCIXcom doesn't as far as I can tell), that will also ship to Denmark. Getting niche, elite products here in Denmark is very hard, since there isn't really any firms that does that. But thank you for the help.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Backlit and macro keys couldn't matter less to me! Hahah

Good suggestion. Hopefully I can find a company that has one (NCIXcom doesn't as far as I can tell)' date=' that will also ship to Denmark. Getting niche, elite products here in Denmark is very hard, since there isn't really any firms that does that. But thank you for the help.[/quote']

Yeah i know what you mean. From NCIX i can recommend Steelseries 6GV2 and the CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, both are great boards which are in stock.

Backlit and macro keys couldn't matter less to me! Hahah

Ha ha, ok. As well as Ducky, have a look at Filco, they are pretty expensive, but they are worth it. Along with that, WASD is another good choice to look at. DAS, Logitech G710+, all great choices. Take your pick really. :)

Ok, so I did a bit of detective work, and managed to find a danish store which has the Ducky Shine (not 2). What is the difference between the Ducky Shine and the Ducky Shine 2?

There aren't huge design differences at all, mostly minor tweaks. I believe the SHINE II has more variety of backlight colours, etc. I would go for the Shine I if that's what you can find. :)

Sounds good. I will look around a bit more, and if I don't find a Ducky Shine 2, I will grab a Ducky shine. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know a shop where i can get the Ducky G2pro with international shipping?

I have a Steelseries 6GV2 at this time, and its a really awesome keyboard but i want a second one with blue switches and without number pad.

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue) w/ blank keycaps s5OQnl.jpg Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (Cherry MX Brown) EAEoUl.jpg

May i ask where to get the blank keycaps? Looks great.

I first wanted to buy the qf rapid since it is built by the same OEM that builds Filcos, but i hated the branding so much i ordered a Majestouch 2 tenkeyless with Cherry MX Blues.

If anyone is interested i will once it arives post some pictures and thoughts of someone, who never had a mechanical keyboard before.

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue) w/ blank keycaps s5OQnl.jpg Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (Cherry MX Brown) EAEoUl.jpg
May i ask where to get the blank keycaps? Looks great. I first wanted to buy the qf rapid since it is built by the same OEM that builds Filcos' date=' but i hated the branding so much i ordered a Majestouch 2 tenkeyless with Cherry MX Blues. If anyone is interested i will once it arives post some pictures and thoughts of someone, who never had a mechanical keyboard before.[/quote']

I got my blank keysets from WASD KEYBOARDS. Great service, fast and good shipping ( all the way to the UK ), also very competitive prices.

Oh yes, this is a good thread. I've been trying a lot of different mechanical keyboards to find my favorite. I started with a Razer Black Widow Ultimate but sold that for a few reasons. Then went to the Corsair k60 with reds which was alright for a bit but ended up not liking all that much. Currently using a Ducky with blacks. I'm liking it but I think I need to buy a true MX blue keyboard and really like this Ducky so if I can find a place that has MX blue Ducky keyboards in-stock ever I might pick one up.

Intel i5 3570k
NVidia Geforce GTX 670