Constant Failure configuring windows updates. (Windows 7)

StormGamer25
Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

How do I put the updates in batches? It updates when I shut down.

go to System then go Windows Updates

you should be able to select updates if you follow the video

My newly built computer always displays this when it boots after installing updates.  It shows "configuring updates 0%" for a while, then it goes to the "Failure configuring Windows Updates. Reverting changes." It always does this, and often after installing over 150 updates and shutting down. Is there I way I can fix this?

use the Update Troubleshooter program from Windows

run it for a few times

in CMD run sfc/scannow

and I will also suggest running the updated batch by batch like 20-30 updates a time

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

use the Update Troubleshooter program from Windows

run it for a few times

in CMD run sfc/scannow

and I will also suggest running the updated batch by batch like 20-30 updates a time

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Awesome, thanks. I'll let you know when I get the chance to test these out. As I'm typing this, my new computer is in its "Failure to configure" state.

dont install all the updates at once...

only do 10-20 at a time

yes it will take a while to go through the hundreds of updates, but this is how you do it properly so you dont have 99% of the updates fail

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020