Fury x or 980 ti

simo292a

What would be the best to buy out of these two? I have heard amd hardware runs good on dx12 but of course there is no way of knowing.

980ti, better OC and a few other things.

980ti at that price range.

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

What would be the best to buy out of these two? I have heard amd hardware runs good on dx12 but of course there is no way of knowing.

While the 390x and below see some good performance boosts in dx 12, the Fiji cards don't see as big a boost because they're badly designed cards with only 64 ROPs. Maxwell cards also don't support some dx 12 features on a hardware level, but drivers can sometimes help out. How extensive this driver support will be in the future with Pascal coming out and supporting those features is hard to say.

Neither of these are good IMO especially for the prices you pay for them.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I personally would recoemnd a R9 390 Crossfire for 4K the cards will do much better especially with 8GB of ram and gives you a bit more raw horsepower aswell

Do you think i should wait for pascal and polaris?

For enthusiast GPUs with proper dx12 support, yes. If you want the best dx 11 performance right now, get a 980 ti.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Possibly wait a week and see what comes out from CES, but you can't go wrong with the 980ti.  It'll last awhile.  Out of the two it's the better buy currently, and DX12 games may come out in full-force toward the end of 2016, but definitely wait a few days for CES and see if anything is possibly announced.  It's a whole new year, after all.

I´d go for the GTX980Ti, it is the faster card if you are looking for the best performance. A good point as well for it are the 6GB VRAM, it will put you on a save side for a while especially in 4K. I play in 4K and games get VRAM hungry very fast in that resolution. Don´r expect constant 60FPS though with a single card. If you seek that you would have to SLI or wait for Pascal.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I personally would recoemnd a R9 390 Crossfire for 4K the cards will do much better especially with 8GB of ram and gives you a bit more raw horsepower aswell

Yeah but the thing is many games dont scale that well in sli or crossfire.

Custom 980Ti if you want the fastest single GPU Card now.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Yeah but the thing is many games dont scale that well in sli or crossfire.

That is gonna change with DX12 

but even now most AAA titles have pretty good scaling

Compare Fury X with the 980 Ti WaterForce. The WaterForce is running at 1317 Mhz core clock which is achievable in any 980 Ti with a non-reference cooler.

perfrel_1920_1080.pngperfrel_2560_1440.pngperfrel_3840_2160.png

So yea, there you go.  :P

That depends, I tried crossfire and wasted 700 bucks. Not one game in my Steam library worked with crossfire, and this was a month ago. So be careful advising people to forgo a strong single card that will work, for two that might.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

That doesn´t really matter when you don´t have an CF or SLI profil you run off 1 card and a single Hawaii chip has not enough raw rendering horse power for stable FPS in 4K.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

new AMD drivers have Fury X beating 980ti in most categories as of a month ago or so. 980ti is the popular choice as you can read but trust me, i been doing research on this hard core last two days!

Name one game where a Fury X beats a custom 980ti.

new AMD drivers have Fury X beating 980ti in most categories as of a month ago or so. 980ti is the popular choice as you can read but trust me, i been doing research on this hard core last two days!

I believe you. Why would I not trust you?

I believe you. Why would I not trust you?

Confirmation bias ?

Confirmation bias ?

joke-went-over-your-head.gif

Confirmation bias ?

To be fair there is a question mark at the end, so I believe your clever retort has returned to you.

This is the dumbest thing I've seen posted this week. Why don't you show us some of this "hardcore research"?

4790k 4.9GHz @ 1.375v, HD 7970, 850 EVO SSD's, Corsair 750D Airflow Edition, SeaSonic 860w Platinum.