Controlling my brothers PC with my PC

Hello,

Not long ago, I ordered my brand new PC that I build myself! My parents decided that they could use my current PC for themselves and my younger brother. (7 y/o)
Im going to clean the whole PC, reinstall Windows and download programs such as Skype, etc.
But it has come to my mind that there might be problems with my brother messing about in the PC and clicking everywhere which could end up in probably breaking something...
So Im wondering if there is a way to "control" my brothers PC from my new one? So I don't have to get out of the chair every time something needs to be changed.

Also while we're at it, recommend some games for a 7 y/o! (LEGO Star Wars was the first one I thought of..)

Thanks!
- Oskar

I had to do this for my sister when I gave her my old laptop. Sign in first as the main account on the pc then go into the accounts and choose the option to make it require your account password to change anything or install something that will change the system in a new way. Also what os is it? 7, 8, 8.1, 10

Pretty sure anything like that is illegal or only available to IT Department.

EDIT; Nevermind bye now

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Hello,

Not long ago, I ordered my brand new PC that I build myself! My parents decided that they could use my current PC for themselves and my younger brother. (7 y/o)

Im going to clean the whole PC, reinstall Windows and download programs such as Skype, etc.

But it has come to my mind that there might be problems with my brother messing about in the PC and clicking everywhere which could end up in probably breaking something...

So Im wondering if there is a way to "control" my brothers PC from my new one? So I don't have to get out of the chair every time something needs to be changed.

Also while we're at it, recommend some games for a 7 y/o! (LEGO Star Wars was the first one I thought of..)

Thanks!

- Oskar

Why not make a seperate account for your brother? Make the admin account password protected and then share the password with your parents?

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

I had to do this for my sister when I gave her my old laptop. Sign in first as the main account on the pc then go into the accounts and choose the option to make it require your account password to change anything or install something that will change the system in a new way. Also what os is it? 7, 8, 8.1, 10

Windows 10

Never mind just tried to look for what I did and its been changed no idea how to anymore sorry

Mulle meck spelen är legendariska, ge han dem :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

snip

There's not really a program you can install on your old PC to take control of it using your new one.  You can install something like TeamViewer, which is a form of remote access but that only allows you to access the other PC's data and programs through a network connection.  And a program like TeamViewer has to be running on the other PC for you to be able to access it, you can't restart the other PC from your new one and log in if you change/install something that requires a restart.

Better to set different types of user accounts on the other PC so that only those with admin accounts can install and change things.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

That should work

Also turn UAC way up and he shouldent be able to chance any settings with out entering the admin password assuming hes using a standard account

TeamViewer.

Thank you very much guys, never knew that this would be this easy... Thought it was WAAAYYY more work!

Thank you very much guys, never knew that this would be this easy... Thought it was WAAAYYY more work!

Anytime :)

snip*

Easiest one to setup would be Google Chrome's Remote Desktop. Free and easy to setup. Download the setup on both comp, run them, setup name and PIN, and you're done. Heck you can control the desktop with your phone too with the Chrome Remote Desktop app. You'll basically stream your bro's desktop to you, with the addition that you can click, type, and do whatever you need to do.

A slightly better version would be VNC, that requires purchase I believe. Only reason why I say that's better is cause you have more control over the settings. Important one being quality of the stream. Also, you can transfer files across from computer to computer seamlessly with Ctrl C+V. Can't do that with the chrome one. VNC also works with phone. Setting up VNC could be slightly harder. Depending on your setup, you might need to port forward. Again, with chrome, setup incredibly easy, no need to mess with ports.

So yea, take your pick.

And as for games, 7 right? minecraft, in case he ain't already all over it. 

Also if hes looking for games try Garrys mod there are plenty of 12 year olds with mics running around he will fit right in :P

I use teamviewer to control my grandmas pc. Shes generally pretty good about not messing with it, but sometimes theres a software update, one time she changed to time zone somehow.

It's easier than playing tech support over the phone

install team viewer on each computer.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

• Generate a user account for him
  • enable group policy
  • Use an AV with end user lockout like Webroot. Prevents him from disabling things
  • Create an image once this is done - if there's an issue, roll back.