Best 24 inch monitor under $200

nkucz
Go to solution Solved by MrGidwani,

like if I wanna play bf3 and turn off second monitor i will be ok?

I don't believe so. I'm not the most informed in this subject matter, but I believe that you'd have to remove the second monitor from the Nvidia Control Panel and re-add it when you want it, otherwise your 660 will still be it's input even when it's turned off. Even when the 2nd monitor is off, if you have it setup to be a single desktop, your mouse will still be able to slide into it's screen space, but you just won't see it. I'm not sure if this is possible, but something may work is if your CPU has integrated graphics, you could power your 144Hz one with your GPU and your IPS one with Integrated graphics. I don't even know if the technology works like that, I'm thinking out loud here... But if it could work, that could be a solution.

That's as far as I can help you. I don't have any idea what good monitors are out there. If you don't get a response in this thread, just search on the forum for $300 recommendations and see what comes up.

Thanks!

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Ok, I guess I misunderstood then. When you replied to the question "Why 2 120Hz monitors?" and you said "for gaming", it mislead me since I thought you were implying that you needed 2 120Hz monitors to play games. Since you don't, then I would recommend that ASUS Monitor you linked from Newegg as a good IPS monitor.

Edit: Also, it depends what games your playing if a GTX 660 will handle it. It'll handle the 2 monitors just fine, but in terms of getting 120Hz in games, it depends. Obviously, you'll be fine with Source games and Unreal engine and such, but you'll have to check the benchmarks for the games you play to see if it will work out.

So I decided to keep current monitor for video watching and such and I mostly play COD games and minecraft.... but I think I should go with another 60hz monitor but either ips or tn panel for $300 or under, any recommendations?

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

anybody?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236288 I believe you posted this one earlier, looks pretty good and is at a good price. Plus I believe it'll look in terms of the monitor itself the same as the ASUS VG248QE (the 144Hz one), so they'll look the same on your desk and look much nicer.

Intel i5 3570K - ASRock Extreme4 - Corsair Vengeance 8Gb RAM - ASUS GTX 660 Ti - Samsung 840 250Gb SSD (OS-Games) - WD 750Gb HDD (Storage) - Corsair TX650W PSU - Corsair 300R

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236288 I believe you posted this one earlier, looks pretty good and is at a good price. Plus I believe it'll look in terms of the monitor itself the same as the ASUS VG248QE (the 144Hz one), so they'll look the same on your desk and look much nicer.

I was told I would have trouble running 120hz for gaming and other one for web browsing with a 660

I was told I would have trouble running 120hz for gaming and other one for web browsing with a 660

Like I said earlier, it all depends what games your running with a 660. If your playing TF2 and Counter Strike, it doesn't make a difference, but if your playing Battlefield 3 and Crysis 3, it will. Also, you said you'll be upgrading your GPU, so take that into account. If you're upgrading to a GPU that can run BF3 at 120FPS as well as a secondary IPS monitor, it's worth to do it now even though there'll be time where it may cause issues.

Intel i5 3570K - ASRock Extreme4 - Corsair Vengeance 8Gb RAM - ASUS GTX 660 Ti - Samsung 840 250Gb SSD (OS-Games) - WD 750Gb HDD (Storage) - Corsair TX650W PSU - Corsair 300R

Like I said earlier, it all depends what games your running with a 660. If your playing TF2 and Counter Strike, it doesn't make a difference, but if your playing Battlefield 3 and Crysis 3, it will. Also, you said you'll be upgrading your GPU, so take that into account. If you're upgrading to a GPU that can run BF3 at 120FPS as well as a secondary IPS monitor, it's worth to do it now even though there'll be time where it may cause issues.

If i turn off other monitor will issues go away? 

I don't believe so. I'm not the most informed in this subject matter, but I believe that you'd have to remove the second monitor from the Nvidia Control Panel and re-add it when you want it, otherwise your 660 will still be it's input even when it's turned off. Even when the 2nd monitor is off, if you have it setup to be a single desktop, your mouse will still be able to slide into it's screen space, but you just won't see it. I'm not sure if this is possible, but something may work is if your CPU has integrated graphics, you could power your 144Hz one with your GPU and your IPS one with Integrated graphics. I don't even know if the technology works like that, I'm thinking out loud here... But if it could work, that could be a solution.

I'm gunna go with a 120hz monitor and use that and just that till i upgrade video card

This is wrong. When you have 2 monitors, the game ONLY displays on your primary monitor (whichever one you select it to be), and in normal gameplay the mouse will NOT go onto your second screen. The only time that happens is when you're at a menu. Another thing to note, there is no need to turn off, or disconnect the second monitor. The resources it uses to keep it at the desktop are negligible as far as I know.

I'm gunna go with a 120hz monitor and use that and just that till i upgrade video card

Read above and reconsider maybe?

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

This is wrong. When you have 2 monitors, the game ONLY displays on your primary monitor (whichever one you select it to be), and in normal gameplay the mouse will NOT go onto your second screen. The only time that happens is when you're at a menu. Another thing to note, there is no need to turn off, or disconnect the second monitor. The resources it uses to keep it at the desktop are negligible as far as I know.

so what do you think i should do?

so you're saying I could run both no problem?

No, I'm not talking about being in game, I'm talking about when he is on his desktop. Yes, I know the mouse doesn't go to his other monitor when in game, but people were saying that his 660 couldn't power a 144Hz monitor and an IPS display. I thought the resources would be negligible as well, but since apparently others said it would be a problem, I developed my solution presuming these circumstances were true. So if they're not true, then yes, there would be no problem and you wouldn't need to remove the second monitor from the Nvidia control panel. But a @nkucz, it would still be nice to know what games you're playing and intending to get 120+Hz with a 660.

No, I'm not talking about being in game, I'm talking about when he is on his desktop. Yes, I know the mouse doesn't go to his other monitor when in game, but people were saying that his 660 couldn't power a 144Hz monitor and an IPS display. I thought the resources would be negligible as well, but since apparently others said it would be a problem, I developed my solution presuming these circumstances were true. So if they're not true, then yes, there would be no problem and you wouldn't need to remove the second monitor from the Nvidia control panel. But a @nkucz, it would still be nice to know what games you're playing and intending to get 120+Hz with a 660.

I play mostly blops 2

It would be either a 144Hz display, or an IPS, not both. Even if he did have both, it would still only be 1 in use at a time during gaming.For IPS, no compromises have to be made, but for 120+Hz he would have to turn down settings to get past 60FPS and actually make good use of having a 120+Hz monitor. During regular use the 660 would be enough for both. I would personally just go with the IPS panel unless I was playing a game that needed super split-second decisions, and even then, 60Hz for me is good enough.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

It would be either a 144Hz display, or an IPS, not both. Even if he did have both, it would still only be 1 in use at a time during gaming.For IPS, no compromises have to be made, but for 120+Hz he would have to turn down settings to get past 60FPS and actually make good use of having a 120+Hz monitor. During regular use the 660 would be enough for both. I would personally just go with the IPS panel unless I was playing a game that needed super split-second decisions, and even then, 60Hz for me is good enough.

I will be going with a 60hz ips panel either 23 or 24inches... any recommendations? around the 150-200 $ price range?

For your primary monitor that you will game on, I would say go for the tn since youre looking straight forward at it and it won't affect the color as much.  And for your secondary, get an ips if you will be putting the monitor at an angle for better viewing angles.

I would also suggest a 27" 1440p monitor on ebay. Logan did a video on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbyT9lDEtjM  

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558