7 Gamers, 1 CPU - Ultimate Virtualized Gaming Build Log

LinusTech

First time it released on Youtube First? 

Magical Pineapples

I just... wow. This is incredible. Really shows off what can be done with the PC.

Although, I have to ask... why G-Sync monitors with AMD GPUs? Why not the FreeSync version of the G34 Predator, the XR341CK? Because of the higher refresh rate of the G-Sync version?

Wouldn't work.

The rear I/O is two slots in width and the PCBs are too long for Linus to get the cards out ever again.

K|NGP|N 980 Ti ftw with SuperFlower 2000w. or Dual PSUs! :)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Technically it's 7 Gamers, 2 CPU.

Change the title to 7 Gamers, 1 Gaming Tower @LinusTech @nicklmg @Slick.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

@LinusTech c'mon, atleast play CS GO on it to show case, was kinda hoping all of LMG staff would atleast try to game on it once for the sake of it in the video. 

PS : it's 7 GPU 2 CPU 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I sure as hell hope that this is a PC they keep together. I understand the need to use parts elsewhere but.....c'mon!

Is Vessel's 1 week exclusivity over because the contract ended January 1st?

The Batcomputer: Case Corsair 760T, CPU Intel 3770k, GPU 2x GTX 980 Hybrid SLI, Motherboard Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Memory 16GB GSkill Sniper 1866mhz, HDD 4 TB, SSD Samsung EVO 850 250GB, CPU Cooler Corsair H80i, PSU Corsair 860W 

yeah, but can it play, uh, er, uh, never mind..................

i gotta come back and edit this................... edsel, you cut TOO much out. it would have been really nice to see more of the work. Tell your boss. There has to be more somewhere.

wait... Xeon doesn't have integrated GPU. Does the motherboard gets the video from a video chip on motherboard? 

this is awesome man! Could someone make a guide on how to easily do this for 2 or 3 gamers on a moderate gaming machine with a mid range graphics card? I would love trying it out!

Main - SPEEDTEST
CPU AMD FX-8350 | RAM Kingston HyperX 12GB @1866MHz | GPU Gigabyte HD 7850 | Mobo Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 | HDD 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 | PSU 550W | Case VENTO A8
Le Petite Frankenstein (First build, only original part is GPU)
CPU AMD Ahlon II X2 260 | RAM 2x2GB @1333MHz | GPU Sapphire HD 3650 | Mobo Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P | HDD 500GB | PSU 500W | 1998 Case
I support AMD because I support competition in the hardware market. We all know if the "other guys" had a complete monopoly, things wouldn't get any better for ANYONE..

Linus better safe guard this pc!!

Hopefully in 10ish years we can get this performance for cheap :)

Desktop: i5 4670k, Z97-K, 16GB, MSI GTX 770, Evga 850G2, TT T31

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

Peripheral: K60, HyperX Cloud

Mobile: Nexus 6P 

Maan!! Whoow!

@LinusTech I expected a really long video of this one. Especially considering that it is a $30k PC.

You could have asked Super Flower for their 2000w PSU and throw in 7 x 980 Ti in there.

Not sure but I think that might end up performing not as high as it normally would since even though at the level he's at it's ok the overhead would start hurting performance a bit above it. 

Plus I haven't seen any 980ti that can be configured as a single slot card, meaning it would turn into a mess of PCI-E raiser cables everywhere.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Is it possible to run Firestrike on 7 way crossfire? The score would break records I bet.

Don't think so but I think it will be possible with Direct X 12 async compute, meaning this same rig will probably be able to play like a wall of 4k monitors.

-------

Current Rig

-------

@LinusTech c'mon, atleast play CS GO on it to show case, was kinda hoping all of LMG staff would atleast try to game on it once for the sake of it in the video.

Maan!! Whoow!

@LinusTech I expected a really long video of this one. Especially considering that it is a $30k PC.

You could have asked Super Flower for their 2000w PSU and throw in 7 x 980 Ti in there.

The video was not so good, Way to short. No details into problems. No good testing.

The rig is awesome btw, but with all the teasers, i expected a better video. Even if it was a two part video. Lack of time isnt a excuse when you have so many people working a LTT.

Lolz

post-67290-0-51306100-1451811954_thumb.j

Not sure but I think that might end up performing not as high as it normally would since even though at the level he's at it's ok the overhead would start hurting performance a bit above it. 

Plus I haven't seen any 980ti that can be configured as a single slot card, meaning it would turn into a mess of PCI-E raiser cables everywhere.

K|INGP|N editions are singles slot ready.

Linus u should have gone for a more radiators and larger reservoir for better cooling of those 7 fury nano card.

wait... Xeon doesn't have integrated GPU. Does the motherboard gets the video from a video chip on motherboard? 

Motherboard has Onboard Graphics

fa2ff1448e7deebc4f4afc7ba74c169f.png

<---

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.