Pc on for 2 or so days straight SLOW and laggy

Deadfreak

Ok so i leave my pc on for a couple of days sometimes and lets say i leave it on go to sleep wake up go on everything is slow and laggy the mouse laggs and clicks take 5 or so seconds to respond sometimes the cpu usage spikes to 100% randomly at the time  ram usage is not to high usually around 5 gb  out of 8gb and when i restart its fine any idea as to why this is ? 

sounds like a virus.... 5GB of RAM is way too much

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

sounds like a virus.... 5GB of RAM is way too much

nothing has been picked up by bitdefender i usually have CS:GO open and after 2 days of being open its around 2gb on that piled up with chrome steam origin teamspeak skype spotify league of legends its not so bad being at 5 gb 

Sounds like some program you have running is causing a memory leak. Look at the specific programs running next time and see which one is the offender. I only restart my computer once a week or so for windows updates and never have performance degradation.

it happens all the time here :D i just restart it - i think it's normal :D

i know its easy to restart so on but i just would like to know what could cause it 

i know its easy to restart so on but i just would like to know what could cause it 

Try going into task manager> Processes and ending things such as Origin, Steam, PvP patcher (League of Legends) or anything with a name that doesn't look important. Be careful you don't end anything too important, could be damaging.

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

Have you checked in task manager to see what's taking up all the RAM?

Have you checked in task manager to see what's taking up all the RAM?

it would b CS:GO that is the main usage of the ram but there is still 3gb left if i quit cs:go it coes down to about 2.7 - 3 gb

but even then things are still the same

1- Is your Windows genuine? Non-Genuine version of Windows usually includes key-loggers and/or viruses integrated at a system level, so Anti-viruses and malware detectors, can't detect them.

2- What is your system specs, and what Windows are you using?

3- Scan for malware with MalwareBytes (free)

4- What is your list of startup programs

5- Look at the Taks Manager, and look what consumes the most RAM and CPU?

6- Is your HDD in use?

7- Disable non-Windows services (except for Steam.. you might need that to play your games)

Also, is your problem recent? Or you just discovered it?

I would use process explorer to see what is using your ram and cpu and I would install Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and perform a full system scan to see if there are any viruses that are causing this.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

it happens all the time here :D i just restart it - i think it's normal :D

Its far from normal, look what its running, see what it is taking up all the resources...start from there. you have a bad software issue if its doing this.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Its far from normal, look what its running, see what it is taking up all the resources...start from there. you have a bad software issue if its doing this.

am rendering videos - downloading - playing games - uploading videos - watching streams  after a couple days of this kind of work am quite sure it's normal for the my laptop to be laggy and require a simple restart :D

restart = HDD  shuting off ( it been spining for so long and spining harder underhardwork load and i would guess u are someone like me who doesn't have a high end pc) it's just the hardware need to rest :P ( restart is considerd as a rest for them :D )  ~ my theory :P ~ :D

am rendering videos - downloading - playing games - uploading videos - watching streams  after a couple days of this kind of work am quite sure it's normal for the my laptop to be laggy and require a simple restart :D

Nope its not, you really need to educate yourself on how memory and performance management works

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Nope its not, you really need to educate yourself on how memory and performance management works

with all respect sir :D i know what am saying my laptop is really old (Toshiba satellite L505)  low rams not a strong processor more than 400G.B videos for work atleast 130GB games and some music around 10GB and other stuff around 40 GB  the HDD is almost full -  this is not a Highend pc  this laptop dies after lots of work ( i know that if i left it for a while without restarting it will go back to normal just finish processing all the stuff it got to do and shut down the programs and so ) but when i use the laptop i need it ready now. so restart is simple and same goes for old computers  just try going on an old computer watch youtube for a while and watch how lagy it will get after a while :D

Ok, its not normal for a descent PC, i should say.

Memory management in XP is horrible with 1GB+ of RAM. It was designed for 512MB and less, which is what we had at the time. Already 256MB was like "WOW! Must be a gaming PC!' pretty much.

But I doubt that the OP runs on XP in this day of age. So it's assumed to be not normal operation.