Recommendations for a new laptop

AlanAlan

When was this laptop released?

When was this laptop released?

I dont know when it was realeased if the laptop looks good to you, you should probably look into any questions you have about. but it has the newest GPU nividia makes and the CPU isnt too old its 5th Gen which isnt the newest but not a big difference from a 6th gen and 6th gen hasnt been out long at all. 

I am looking a for a laptop that can stream video, word proccess, and browse the web with no lag.

Optional features i would like to have

1080p screen with touch

1tb hard drive

8gb ram

Avoid Asus, HP and Acer at that price point

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Why Asus, I know for a fact they have a laptop at that price point with everything.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Why Asus, I know for a fact they have a laptop at that price point with everything.

What about dell?

What about dell?

Avoid Dell at that price too. Basically... expect a shit system at this price point.

You want a quality system from Dell, one that will confidently last you a nice 3 years, and more with good care: XPS series. You want more ruggednesses and don't care about style (and fancy specs), look at the Latitude series, but those, like the XPS series is above your price point.

Same for Lenovo, expect always on fan, cheapo quality, and all the whole set.

Basically, expect a system full of junk pre-installed, really poor build quality, bad keyboard, difficult to service, bad support, bad to horrible battery life, and will probably last 2 years with good care. Dell will probably give you the best after sale service/warranty service if anything amongst all the other companies. But that doesn't mean much. Only because you have the higher end XPS line that uses the same home service, so people buying the XPS pays more for that better service. If you really want good service, then you need to jump to business line systems, or Apple, or Microsoft (especially if there is a MS store near you).

Avoid Dell at that price too. Basically... expect a shit system at this price point.You want a quality system from Dell, one that will confidently last you a nice 3 years, and more with good care: XPS series. You want more ruggednesses and don't care about style (and fancy specs), look at the Latitude series, but those, like the XPS series is above your price point.Same for Lenovo, expect always on fan, cheapo quality, and all the whole set.Basically, expect a system full of junk pre-installed, really poor build quality, bad keyboard, difficult to service, bad support, bad to horrible battery life, and will probably last 2 years with good care. Dell will probably give you the best after sale service/warranty service if anything amongst all the other companies. But that doesn't mean much. Only because you have the higher end XPS line that uses the same home service, so people buying the XPS pays more for that better service. If you really want good service, then you need to jump to business line systems, or Apple, or Microsoft (especially if there is a MS store near you).

What's the brand to go for?

Avoid Dell at that price too. Basically... expect a shit system at this price point.

You want a quality system from Dell, one that will confidently last you a nice 3 years, and more with good care: XPS series. You want more ruggednesses and don't care about style (and fancy specs), look at the Latitude series, but those, like the XPS series is above your price point.

Same for Lenovo, expect always on fan, cheapo quality, and all the whole set.

Basically, expect a system full of junk pre-installed, really poor build quality, bad keyboard, difficult to service, bad support, bad to horrible battery life, and will probably last 2 years with good care. Dell will probably give you the best after sale service/warranty service if anything amongst all the other companies. But that doesn't mean much. Only because you have the higher end XPS line that uses the same home service, so people buying the XPS pays more for that better service. If you really want good service, then you need to jump to business line systems, or Apple, or Microsoft (especially if there is a MS store near you).

The cheaper ones yes but Y series and ThinkPads are good.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I want a laptop that can stream video and word process. Some feature I want it to have is 8gb of ram and a 1 tb hard drive and a good processor.

2nd hand ThinkPad

2nd hand ThinkPad

Some people say that Lenovo products spy and track people and they put bad software on there devices

Some people say that Lenovo products spy and track people and they put bad software on there devices

People also say fapping causes blindness. Don't believe everything you see on the internet. What you are talking about is the superfish plug-in which is only present on OEM OSes - just install Windows on your own and you're golden.

what a good laptop that is new.

Every laptop in that price range is absolute garbage

People also say fapping causes blindness. Don't believe everything you see on the internet. What you are talking about is the superfish plug-in which is only present on OEM OSes - just install Windows on your own and you're golden.

Every laptop in that price range is absolute garbage

what are some features I should look for?

what are some features I should look for?

Nothing. At 600$ buying anything decent is next to impossible.

I'd strongly suggest either going for a ThinkPad and adding an SSD if all you want to do is work or if you want to game as well stretch to a Lenovo Y40 or Asus N550JK or X550JK

Nothing. At 600$ buying anything decent is next to impossible.

I'd strongly suggest either going for a ThinkPad and adding an SSD if all you want to do is work or if you want to game as well stretch to a Lenovo Y40 or Asus N550JK or X550JK

can I install windows on a external ssd and boot it off that?

can I install windows on a external ssd and boot it off that?

Technically yes but you need a proper USB 3.0 port and those aren't available on cheap laptops.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-i7-6700HQ-Quad-Core-Processor-Touchscreen/dp/B018YIGHVK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451507790&sr=8-2&keywords=6th+Gen+Skylake+Intel+Core+i7

Can this computer run Microsoft word, stream videos, and browse the web smoothly ?

Can anyone give thoughts on this machine.

If there is a better choice than this machine can I get a link?

Thank you guys so much!

That would be more than enough for you needs if it's in your budget :)

Only advice I could give is you could probably find something cheaper is you lose some hard drive space and the touch screen (not sure how important those are to you) 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

It will work fine, as for better machines, not sure, don't use laptops

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

It will work fine, as for better machines, not sure, don't use laptops

That would be more than enough for you needs if it's in your budget :)

Only advice I could give is you could probably find something cheaper is you lose some hard drive space and the touch screen (not sure how important those are to you)

Should I go for it?

Is there any better choices?

Not even sure it can run minesweepper at low settings.

Jk, that's a nice CPU but totally overkill as it seems it has no dedicated graphics (prob. why it has a HQ i7).

I would suggest going for an i3/i5 as it will do the same for a lot cheaper.

Note:

Not sure if you are into building PCs, but if you built your own, for that money you could even game on it.

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold ||