Bottlenecks

I currently have an AMD Phenom II 955 paired with a AMD Radeon 6950. My question is which item would give me better frame rate increases when i upgrade. I am thinking of jumping ship from AMD over to Intel (i5 3570K). Video card i have also been looking at is a Gforce 670.

A AMD 6950 is still a strong card, I would bet if there was any bottleneck that it would be your CPU, but even your CPU is pretty beefy and is also a fantastic overclocker. If I were you, I would upgrade your CPU, but hold off on the GPU until the Nvidia 700 series or AMD 8000 series comes about and then contemplate about upgrading your GPU. Again, this is what I would do personally, the 3570k and the 670 are both great options, I just like saving money personally and getting the best out of my dollar.

I agree with Helltech. You should just wait for the new generations to be released because your build is still pretty decent.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer