Should I upgrade my CPU

hypergod

Hi just wondering if its worth upgrading my amd 4300 to a amd 8350 will I notice a big improvement for playing games

Depends on a) the graphics card in question and b) the game - some games are CPU dependent, some are not.

I use a gtx 670 just wondering how much more gaming performance upgrading the CPU would give me , I play lots of games bf3,cod bo2, sc2 d3

The difference will be minimal, 5-10FPS difference on average. It doesn't really justify the price it costs to be honest.

It would probably be better to invest in a good CPU cooler and overclock that 4300. Both the 4300 and 8350 are piledriver CPU's so your improvements won't be all that much. The 8350 will be better in games that use more than 4 threads such as BF3 and future games that will use more threads. Still, it depends on what video card you're using now as games rely on the video card more than they do the CPU.

I say just wait till next generation...your good on cpu performance now.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

It will depend on what games you are playing because some games are CPU intensive and some games like BF3 are GPU intensive.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer