Windows Boot Manager boot option

Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and I switched from having the OS on my HDD to having the OS on my SSD. Now that everything is done, where I try to change the boot priority in the BIOS, Windows boot manager is listed as the first option. What is this? Do I need it? How can I get rid of it?

Here is how my Boot Priorities is set up:

1. Windows Boot Manager (P1: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB)

2. P0: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (238475MB)

3. P1 ASUS DRW-24B1ST   c

It will not let me boot from my second option: the SSD.

Also, when I look in Disk Management, there is a 99MB partition shown for "EFI System Partition." it might be worth noting that under Secure Boot, in the BIOS, it shows the OS type as Windows UEFI mode, not sure if that means anything. 

Any input would be helpful, I've looked for a solution but couldn't find one. Thank you.

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

It's Windows boot loader.

Nothing's wrong.

Leave it.

As already stated that the Windows Boot Loader is loaded from the SSD.

UEFI is new BIOS.

It has GUI.

Not like the old blue and grey BIOS. Those are called Legacy BIOS now.

These stuffs are new (more like they came before 3 years ago).

There is nothing to worry about.

You are fine here :)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

This is more than likely due to you moving from MBR to GPT. You can natively boot from MBR but you cant from GPT, it requires another small partition to point to the location of the rest of Windows.

Its fine.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

This is more than likely due to you moving from MBR to GPT. You can natively boot from MBR but you cant from GPT, it requires another small partition to point to the location of the rest of Windows.

Its fine.

I did follow instructions when installing Windows 10 to convert to GPT in the command prompt, otherwise Windows 10 wouldn't install..

It's Windows boot loader.

Nothing's wrong.

Leave it.

As already stated that the Windows Boot Loader is loaded from the SSD.

UEFI is new BIOS.

It has GUI.

Not like the old blue and grey BIOS. Those are called Legacy BIOS now.

These stuffs are new (more like they came before 3 years ago).

There is nothing to worry about.

You are fine here :)

Thank you guys both for your quick responses  :)

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

• 2 months later...

My setup and Boot options are similar with that mentioned in post #1

My problem is that I want to put at Boot option 1 PXE network boot and at Boot option 2 Windows Boot Manager (P1: ......SSD disk). But if boot from option 1 fails my system does not boot from option 2, it tells me to put a bootable medium etc. Windows Boot Manager (P1) boot only if put at boot option 1, but I want it to boot also from boot option 2, is it possible?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 21/03/2016 at 3:34 PM, hariskar said:

My setup and Boot options are similar with that mentioned in post #1

My problem is that I want to put at Boot option 1 PXE network boot and at Boot option 2 Windows Boot Manager (P1: ......SSD disk). But if boot from option 1 fails my system does not boot from option 2, it tells me to put a bootable medium etc. Windows Boot Manager (P1) boot only if put at boot option 1, but I want it to boot also from boot option 2, is it possible?

Thank you!

Set up GRUB?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II