PC Noise

Charcoal_

So I want to know what you think of PC noise levels and why. Would you sacrifice some performance for a quiet rig? How about turning up the power in exchange for a noisey mess?

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?

I wish I didn't have to hear my PC, but when it has the specs it does and being ~2ft from my head, it's hard NOT to hear it.

Ah well, #firstworldproblems I guess. 

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

You don't need to sacrifice performance for a quiet rig. A couple of big good quality fans make less noise and cool better because they can run at lower speeds. I think if you invest in a good case like a Fractal and some water cooling you'll have a super silent PC with great performance.

AMD FX8350 Black OC 4.5ghz--NZXT Kraken X31--ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0--MSI R9 380 4G--Corsair RM750--Corsair 16GB Vengeance

Logitech G300--Roccat ISKU FX--Logitech Z623--HyperX Cloud II

I don't mind the F22 Raptor blazing next to my arm.

post-233981-0-85040000-1451410543_thumb.

Temps > noise.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I have 2 390's and a 3820 oc at 4.5 ghz do you think I care about pc noise? xD

I think a pc can be noisy to the point you cannot ear it trough you headphones or playing a game.

I play without head phones but the pc is nicely tuc under the table and with a 5.1 speaker set up you get good sound cover with game noise.

When my 390 heats up i can hear it from another room. :)

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

It's a laptop. Browsing the forums = Completely silent (i enabled fanless mode in the bios). Playing mc/gd = Audible from about 5 steps away :P

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

If it's loud it's working.

If it's silent it's working better.

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

Well, at least if it's loud it's cooling itself down better :P

If it's quiet it means the cooling is better  :P :P

When my 390 heats up i can hear it from another room. :)

Which model do you have and what exactly do you mean by "heats up"? I was expecting temperatures up to 90 degrees, but the highest my Sapphire has gone is 66 (Witcher 3, Ultra settings, 1080p) and the increase in noise is negligible. I'm quite happy with it :)

I tried putting an akasa 120mm fanfilter on one of my fan and the noise were unbearable it was like somone were sawing trough cement

I was going to set it as intake. Removed it and put a 7v adapter on it instead for positive pressure now its silent again it matters a lot to me.

Never really cared too much about noise. Obviously try to keep it quiet as possible for would never sacrifice performance over noise.

I play with a headset so to be honest I cant hear it anyway.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

So I want to know what you think of PC noise levels and why. Would you sacrifice some performance for a quiet rig? How about turning up the power in exchange for a noisey mess?

Linus's silent gaming PC is a mystery I have been unable to achieve thus far... maybe it's time to buy a bunch of industrial NF-A14's for my Define R4... RIP wallet.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

I actually expected more people to vote quiet at idle than quiet.

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?