Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
huilun02

Looking for replacement mouse

Posted · Original PosterOP

So my good old Microsoft Basic Mouse finally died. I liked it. A lot.

I have a Logitech MX 518 but was no good for me. I have fairly small hands and the 518's size/shape almost forces me to palm it.

On the contrary, I comfortably use my Basic mouse with fingertip grip, with oodles of space between its butt and my palm.

My arm rests on the table and I only move with my wrist/fingers. The Basic mouse's smallish size and light weight lets me make quick, effortless movement. The space behind it also allows me to look far up/down without losing precision to high DPI/sensitivity. Its ambidextrous and has near vertical sides, allowing me to move and raise it with just my thumb and last two fingers.

So yes I'm getting me another Basic mouse because its simply cheap.

However I also want to invest in something more feature-rich with not too different ergonomics. I could make good use of side buttons, no mouse accel, hyper scroll wheel and flexible braided cable.

Fancy LEDs, weights and super high DPI don't interest me. I would preferably like it to be in a dark color and not have rubberized side grips or main buttons. Due to humidity, my palm easily turns sweaty without space to breathe, which is why I strictly use the fingertip grip. No rubber means no visible stains, no grimy sticky feel and easier to clean.

Thanks for all and any suggestions :)

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

G303 or Zowie ZA13, the only small mice I know that are worth the time.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

Xeon 1230v2, B75 Pro3-M, 16GB Crucial Ballistix, Msi TF GTX760, Crucial M500, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, CM G550M, Fractal Arc Mini.

Razer Deathadder 2013, which is possibly the greatest gaming mouse of all time, or a Logitech G502.

Tokyo Sunshine:Corsair 750d case with custom lighting, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Z170, Intel i5-6600 processor, 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4 RAM, MSI r9 270x 4gb@ 1300mhz mem clock, Sandisk Ultra II SSD 256gb, 2x 1tb HDD

The Logitech G302 and G303 seem to be fitting your requirements. The Mionix Castor is also pretty nice, but it has side grips.

Razer Deathadder 2013, which is possibly the greatest gaming mouse of all time, or a Logitech G502.

Eh, no.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

The Logitech G302 and G303 seem to be fitting your requirements. The Mionix Castor is also pretty nice, but it has side grips.

Eh, no.

Eh, no.

Tokyo Sunshine:Corsair 750d case with custom lighting, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Z170, Intel i5-6600 processor, 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4 RAM, MSI r9 270x 4gb@ 1300mhz mem clock, Sandisk Ultra II SSD 256gb, 2x 1tb HDD

Eh, no.

Read OPs requirements before suggesting. The G502's shape isn't optimal for fingeritip grip and it's also heavy. Razer Deathadder is mostly for palm/claw grip and has side grips which OP doesn't want. Not to mention Razer's subpar quality control.

The Deathadder is a really fat mouse, and although I use a G502 and it's fantastic, it is a heavier then most mice.

I can confirm! Still have my unit. However, it is really really a FAT mouse. 

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

Read OPs requirements before suggesting. The G502's shape isn't optimal for fingeritip grip and it's also heavy. Razer Deathadder is mostly for palm/claw grip and has side grips which OP doesn't want. Not to mention Razer's subpar quality control.

Eh,no.

HAH

It's okay. Razer QC is a bit off though.

Eh, no.

Eh, yeah. Sorry about your buyer's remorse and/or delusion. 

Eh, no. I haven't used any other mouse than the Deathadder....

SO YOU HARDLY KNOW HOW IT STACKS UP!

If you have never used any other mouse then you have no idea how good or bad your is.

SO YOU HARDLY KNOW HOW IT STACKS UP!

If you have never used any other mouse then you have no idea how good or bad your is.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

There is no agree to disagree. If you have little knowledge and little experience in something you can't make a valid bold claim.

There is no agree to disagree. If you have little knowledge and little experience in something you can't make a valid bold claim.

Your responses went from 0 to retarded in 6 seconds.

Your responses went from 0 to retarded in 6 seconds.

Idiot. 

Your claim: 

Razer Deathadder 2013, which is possibly the greatest gaming mouse of all time

and then:

So what is backing up your claim? It certainly can't be experience. Just a guess? Brand loyalty?

Idiot. 

Your claim: 

and then:

So what is backing up your claim? It certainly can't be experience. Just a guess? Brand loyalty?

Kek

How about the Steel series Rival seems like it matches your needs

It doesn't. It has side grips and it's one of the longest mice available, measuring at 133mm. Obviously not suited for small hands and fingertip grip.

Why do people continue to give clueless recommendations...