I need a big favor with project for college

Hello,

So i am not a big fan of programing and stuff but unfortunetly its basic stuff on my college (and i aim for graphic so please spare my life for what i iwll ask next) and for one of my subjects i need to design own OS sphere (something like cmd in windows that allows user to go to some folder, make folder, delete it etc etc ) in any langauge i want but here is my problem first of all i dont have enough knownlegde to do such things second i have only good basis on java for now and once i studied some js but it was long ago and only some things from it got into my java programing knownlegde.

SO here is a favor i want to ask do you guys have any old similar project as i do now ( i am aware for what i ask ) and can give me with breif explenation? (in polish would be good but i can translate some in english thou).

And you can ask why this guy cant make it by yourself, well i have like 1 month left (doesnt mean i didnt do nothing in that matter too ) and i wont make in time when i got another project for second subject (because some idiot teacher make decision to make like subject about Operating systems to coding when we got 2 another ones already and yes this project comes from this subject and what this teacher does is just some explanation on coding and than magically advertising his own yt channel for forcing us to make more views)..

I hope that explained my situation and you guys can lend me a hand in this matter :)

Cheers

P.S happy new YEARRR!!

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

I've gotta say, pushing his own youtube channel is kinda savage.

thx but this still wont solve my problem :c

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

bump

What kind of functionality do you actually need? Something like a basic file management system where you fire up a terminal, run your code, and you can manage folders and files?

What kind of functionality do you actually need? Something like a basic file management system where you fire up a terminal, run your code, and you can manage folders and files?

Something like this just creating files moving around them deleting them like base commands in cmd and with some help command that describes them and last but not a least some error comment when something is bad from user side. 

I know that error and help things arent big deal because most of them are just plain text but commands itself are something that i cant even manage to image .

once again i am sorry if somebody feels like i am robbing something from like hard work or smth but i am in desperate times now and all we know that desperate times needs desperate measures ;p

SO here is a favor i want to ask do you guys have any old similar project as i do now ( i am aware for what i ask ) and can give me with breif explenation? (in polish would be good but i can translate some in english thou).

And you can ask why this guy cant make it by yourself, well i have like 1 month left ...

...i am in desperate times now...

So to summarize then: You have come here to beg for us to do your assignment for you because you think that one month is not enough time and you simply cannot be bothered to put the work in yourself?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

So to summarize then: You have come here to beg for us to do your assignment for you because you think that one month is not enough time and you simply cannot be bothered to put the work in yourself?

Not exacly . Everything you said before the work thing is right but its not like i dont want to put effort but more like i dont have enough time/skill to make it work and as i said in OP i am not a fan of coding so i am not good at it as someone who loves and studies it from childhood that is exacly why i beg. 

And by not enough time i mean i am already on project that is simply small text game (something like pokemon but without graphic) which my knownlegde is enough to make it so by just using if and switches in java and basics of class system and object system but i am not exceeding much from those terms ....

Man, basically that's a first year task in college. You can do it in one sitting (we did, back when I was in college). It's probably under 500 lines of code and just involves arg parsing, a few ifs or switch-cases, and then a call to the OS.

And just for what it's worth: it's terrible that you're asking other people to do your homework for you. Go Google solutions, there's probably on in GitHub or StackOverflow, instead of asking to be spoon-fed. Trust me, if you stick with that attitude you won't get far when you get into the industry. :P

Man, basically that's a first year task in college. You can do it in one sitting (we did, back when I was in college). It's probably under 500 lines of code and just involves arg parsing, a few ifs or switch-cases, and then a call to the OS.

And just for what it's worth: it's terrible that you're asking other people to do your homework for you. Go Google solutions, there's probably on in GitHub or StackOverflow, instead of asking to be spoon-fed. Trust me, if you stick with that attitude you won't get far when you get into the industry. :P

well i am kinda 2 year... but well my education system is diffrent from most of the world propably and another thing is does your education system in colleges is like for example you want to be graphic right? and in middle school that has like IT profile you didint learn much because for another example your school wasnt great on learning stuff and has poor staff too and you go to college with renew the intends from HS and than you must face coding that for hell i am not even know where is placed in graphic except some flash animation? i am not crying but just curious because thats how it is here in my country and how i came into college somehow without proper knownlegde (man i didint even know how to make proper if or while back in HS). so yea ...

well i am kinda 2 year... but well my education system is diffrent from most of the world propably and another thing is does your education system in colleges is like for example you want to be graphic right? and in middle school that has like IT profile you didint learn much because for another example your school wasnt great on learning stuff and has poor staff too and you go to college with renew the intends from HS and than you must face coding that for hell i am not even know where is placed in graphic except some flash animation? i am not crying but just curious because thats how it is here in my country and how i came into college somehow without proper knownlegde (man i didint even know how to make proper if or while back in HS). so yea ...

Totally irrelevant. You don't ask people to do your homework for you. If I understand what you said, you are in a Graphic Design course, right? What you're asking is basically as terrible as asking people to "do my photoshop work for me plssss huhu". The subject matter is irrelevant, it's immature and irresponsible to ask people to do your homework for you, end of story. 

Totally irrelevant. You don't ask people to do your homework for you. If I understand what you said, you are in a Graphic Design course, right? What you're asking is basically as terrible as asking people to "do my photoshop work for me plssss huhu". The subject matter is irrelevant, it's immature and irresponsible to ask people to do your homework for you, end of story. 

You are wrong in one point though which maybe is my fault kinda. I want to be on graphic course (which sadly is later and didint knew it untill now) and i am on all around IT college (which a funny thing called basis of electronics that has not much with what IT does more like what some electronics does ). Rest maybe truth and i was prepared for such thing while writing OP but dont mix 2 things . If you hate something or you are not good at because you didint wanted to learn that is not the same as you are not good now in graphic but you love it and gonna get better. AND thats how most ppl work . 

About industry topic, if you are in job that you hate you will be kicked but if you are in job you love than you wont even think of breaks much . Thats my opinion atleast but i know how world kinda works too...

About industry topic, if you are in job that you hate you will be kicked but if you are in job you love than you wont even think of breaks much . Thats my opinion atleast but i know how world kinda works too...

Oh man, you've still got a long ways to go, dude. Better start with a good attitude. Trust me, I've been there, done that. Rely only on yourself. It's a man-eat-man world out there.

Oh man, you've still got a long ways to go, dude. Better start with a good attitude. Trust me, I've been there, done that. Rely only on yourself. It's a man-eat-man world out there.

Okay now big suprise coming i am actually working in industry. Small and in game testing branch but still work is a work so yea ..... its not greatest but still enough for me now :P

Okay now big suprise coming i am actually working in industry. Small and in game testing branch but still work is a work so yea ..... its not greatest but still enough for me now :P

It all becomes different when you actually have to earn a living and not just "eh, I'm working."

And we're badly off-topic now. I shall take my leave.

You could learn a language in day it's really not that difficult. Learning programming concepts is a bit more difficult and time consuming but you really don't need much for what you need to do. Stop begging and just do your work. A month to do what you're asking is an extremely generous amount of time.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

You could learn a language in day it's really not that difficult. Learning programming concepts is a bit more difficult and time consuming but you really don't need much for what you need to do. Stop begging and just do your work. A month to do what you're asking is an extremely generous amount of time.

Completely. When on the third year of my BSc 4 or 5 assignments as well as a long running dissertation and part time work in a given month was the normal workload. Imagine what it's like on a PhD. Do you also have children? Responsibilities? I'd hazard not... You have loads of time! Make the most of it!

All you have to do is to tell yourself 'Failure is not an option' over and over again and believe me, it won't be. You can get through this, you need to get through this if you have any hope to tackle what's waiting for you... 

Start doing some work and when you get stuck post what you've got here and we will be more inclined to assist you. However I would seriously doubt that anyone will simply do your work for you. It's not going to help you to help yourself. Furthermore if you have trawled other forums looking for the same thing there, even if someone does do what you ask... it will likely be noticed at submission. In other words even if it's not found out directly it will likely be found out that you do not own the knowledge when they ask you how you accomplished XYZ and you sit there completely unable to provide an explanation.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Completely. When on the third year of my BSc 4 or 5 assignments as well as a long running dissertation and part time work in a given month was the normal workload. Imagine what it's like on a PhD. Do you also have children? Responsibilities? I'd hazard not... You have loads of time! Make the most of it!

All you have to do is to tell yourself 'Failure is not an option' over and over again and believe me, it won't be. You can get through this, you need to get through this if you have any hope to tackle what's waiting for you... 

Start doing some work and when you get stuck post what you've got here and we will be more inclined to assist you. However I would seriously doubt that anyone will simply do your work for you. It's not going to help you to help yourself. Furthermore if you have trawled other forums looking for the same thing there, even if someone does do what you ask... it will likely be noticed at submission. In other words even if it's not found out directly it will likely be found out that you do not own the knowledge when they ask you how you accomplished XYZ and you sit there completely unable to provide an explanation.

okay okay i get i geit damn it... okay lets do it better way shall we? So he is my biggest enigma for all of this . I ...just... dont ... know any command lines for making actual windows commands morefor i dont know how to create a file or folder in java . The concept i wanted to do before posting my OP was like making class that is general sheat for all commands and making if and while's to that ... ;p

Okay i got some hints in messages that says i should make some window and here is another question apart from one above, what program should i use to make such object in java because untill now i used BlueJ for source code and compiling and than run it on cmd (uefi if i am not mistaken or bios cant tell now )? ofc i would like it to be user friendly :P

Okay i got some hints in messages that says i should make some window and here is another question apart from one above, what program should i use to make such object in java because untill now i used BlueJ for source code and compiling and than run it on cmd (uefi if i am not mistaken or bios cant tell now )? ofc i would like it to be user friendly :P

In Java, windows are basically jFrame objects if I recall correctly.

Now , I have some questions. What is it you are supposed to do exactly? Something like your own Windows explorer? Or an interface which allows you to type/use your own commands , which talks directly to the system and executes the corresponding commands.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

In Java, windows are basically jFrame objects if I recall correctly.

Now , I have some questions. What is it you are supposed to do exactly? Something like your own Windows explorer? Or an interface which allows you to type/use your own commands , which talks directly to the system and executes the corresponding commands.

the second one which i mentioned many times. It is an OS sphere in other words something like Linux terminal Windows CMD which allows user to make folders, delete them move around them give privilages to them and so on. 

About JFrame hmmm a saw it on some tutorial videos that i watch for things like timer which didnt help much for what i wanted to find (welll that thing is for another project for another subject ;p).

About JFrame hmmm a saw it on some tutorial videos that i watch for things like timer which didnt help much for what i wanted to find (welll that thing is for another project for another subject ;p).

Let's not get too concerned about implementation details for now. Why don't we try to work out exactly what the requirements are first:

the second one which i mentioned many times. It is an OS sphere in other words something like Linux terminal Windows CMD which allows user to make folders, delete them move around them give privilages to them and so on. 

Ok so we have established that you need to make a wrapper around some basic directory and file manipulation functions for an operating system. Now do you need to write this for only one operating system, if so which one? Or do you need it to support many operating systems (abstract set of commands)?

Throwing some tips around:

• Use something like text area (the forum post where you type stuff) for the display.
  • Use File class for file management like move, copy, etc.
  • Make [Enter] key the trigger to start finding out what commands have been entered, if it complies with the syntax (use regex or something to do that), execute and display the outcome.
  • Decide if you want to copy Windows cmd or powershell commands (or other command line structures).cmd-bat.gif

I highly recommend doing it on your own as you'll need to complete similar projects one way or another on your course.

Let's not get too concerned about implementation details for now. Why don't we try to work out exactly what the requirements are first:

Ok so we have established that you need to make a wrapper around some basic directory and file manipulation functions for an operating system. Now do you need to write this for only one operating system, if so which one? Or do you need it to support many operating systems (abstract set of commands)?

Our teacher told us we can do it on 1 particualr system we want (for first he recommended linux system but than agreed we can do power shell or cmd similar things ) and i am using windows 7 atm with no plans on instaling linux cuz i have the taste of it and its not system i would like to use on daily basis especially when i gonna do some graphic projects later.

Throwing some tips around:

• Use something like text area (the forum post where you type stuff) for the display.
  • Use File class for file management like move, copy, etc.
  • Make [Enter] key the trigger to start finding out what commands have been entered, if it complies with the syntax (use regex or something to do that), execute and display the outcome.
  • Decide if you want to copy Windows cmd or powershell commands (or other command line structures).cmd-bat.gif

I highly recommend doing it on your own as you'll need to complete similar projects one way or another on your course.

someone told me exacly the same hints that is why i ask what program should i use to make it a little bit faster than using hard coding from BlueJ which does not make such object only class tree's with code inside ;P

someone told me exacly the same hints that is why i ask what program should i use to make it a little bit faster than using hard coding from BlueJ which does not make such object only class tree's with code inside ;P

For IDEs that supports Java by just selecting a checbox, one that I know and used before is NetBeans and Eclipse or you can also just code on a notepad/notepad++ and compile it with a compiler (javac) to make the executable.

If you just made a program that uses System.out.println() you can just use the default command promp as the 'skin' of your program or use JTextArea or something. It will depend on what the specifications you need to meet.