Why do police get paid so little?

Oberon.Smite

Also because there's so many more military personnel than Government officials in DC.

Did you ever take economics in high school?

Do you know what it's like to face a human being who needs help?

"Sorry man, I took economics in high school. I can't help ya'."

Just saying but the smartest people don't really become cops...

It is quite sad that you think this. I know a great many number of Military and Police Officers that hold Bachelors and Masters degrees.

Just to add to everyone else on this thread that think Military and Police don't have educations think again, In the US, the Military and Police are highly encourage on getting degrees, as an example no less than 60% of my unit was on their way to getting their 2nd or 3rd degree in college And that was Enlisted personnel not the Officers (to be an Officer you are required to have at least 1 Degree prior to receiving your commission).

*Edit

I my self have the equivalent of 3 degrees based on the amount of certificate based schooling I have in my line of work. By the way having a BS, BA or Masters doesn't mean much if you don't have the common sense to utilize the knowledge you have accumulated (food for thought).

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Do you know what it's like to face a human being who needs help?

"Sorry man, I took economics in high school. I can't help ya'."

nice argument 

/s

I used to be quite active here.

nice argument 

/s

K2012_K_1C.png

A capitalist society places the value of one's work in how much profit potential it has. Teachers (in public school capacities,not higher education that's a for profit business) policemen and other public servants, etc. Do not actually produce any monetary value and are just needed.

More over the requirements to be a police officer are really not that hard. Yes being "brave" is noble, but it's not really difficult as a skill that has to be taught, developed over time and/or requiring innate special aptitudes. Seriously I distinctly recall people being rejected for police officer and detective jobs if their IQ was too high since they've found really smart people would feel bored, unchallenged and thus not worth the career investment. Kinda like doing menial jobs at service industry, entry level jobs at call centers, shit office jobs like data entry, etc.

EDIT: http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

-------

Current Rig

-------

1st they don't need a coledge degree, and also that's an average.

Most precincts do require them to have a college degree. At least the ones That were local to me.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Why do the military get paid so little?

In the US at least

Because the government doesn't appreciate us.

But actually there is more to it, Soldiers receive other benefits to make up for it.

Just to list a few things. Health care (when handled right) is 100% covered, we have access to the commissary which is supposed to have discounted pricing (its a grocery store) Houseing is provided in most cases, if not a housing allowance is provided. And there is more so.

If deployed soldier don't pay taxes and they get combat pay and few other incentives on top of that as well.

SO actually soldier get paid just not much doing peace time but there are other things to off-set that pay.

If you live on base and are married you can save quite a bit of money.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER