Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iamdarkyoshi

Teardown and "Review" of the Turbolink ATX-XG500W [Crappy PSU]

Recommended Posts

Hello! i am new to Linus's forum so if i am writing "unprofessionally" or anything like that sorry... 

Anyways, i have a shitty pc with this psu and i was wondering if there was a cheaper psu replacement i could use instead of this... im not looking for the Super amazing power supply of the future, but i want something that is reliable that wont cost a fortune and wont be overheating and be some kind of crazy fire hazard that could burst into a giant flame ball at any point in time... my parts aren't to power crazy i think they all fall under needing at least 500W soooo about that maybe 650 if its needed... i would appreciate any kind of help on this, i have been using this psu for about a year and it hasn't been the best for me lets just leave it at that. *cough thanks bestbuy cough*

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, CommonSentence said:

didnt realize how long this forum was from lmao sorry if no one responds its ok x-x

I'd personally look for an old delta power supply, depending on which connectors you use. I've never had a delta do anything bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I was wondering if you had any pictures of the power transistors on the heatsink near the two large 330uf capacitors? I'm trying to identify the one on the far right near the rectifier. Mine has two J13007-2 (left and center) and one I can't identify (right). Just the part number would do.

 

Thanks,

Chris

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
30 minutes ago, jordanch68 said:

Hello, I was wondering if you had any pictures of the power transistors on the heatsink near the two large 330uf capacitors? I'm trying to identify the one on the far right near the rectifier. Mine has two J13007-2 (left and center) and one I can't identify (right). Just the part number would do.

 

Thanks,

Chris

Are you trying to repair yours or just want to scavenge parts from it? If you are trying to repair it, please, for the love of whatever you believe in, throw it away.

 

I'm pretty sure I blew up the PCB from mine with my variac, I might still have it though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Are you trying to repair yours or just want to scavenge parts from it? If you are trying to repair it, please, for the love of whatever you believe in, throw it away.

 

I'm pretty sure I blew up the PCB from mine with my variac, I might still have it though.

Lol. It is godawful isn't it? :) I am parting it out and that is the one component I haven't been able to identify. Thanks for the quick reply!

 

Chris

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, jordanch68 said:

Lol. It is godawful isn't it? :) I am parting it out and that is the one component I haven't been able to identify. Thanks for the quick reply!

 

Chris

Look on ebay for a cheap LCR/transistor tester. Direct ebay links are against CoC, so I'll just tell you what to look for.

 

It should be under 20 bucks, have a 1602 LCD OR a graphical LCD, a ZIF socket, and run off of a 9v battery. Look for one with a rotary encoder, they have more features.

 

They identify basically any component shoved into them, well worth 20$

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Look on ebay for a cheap LCR/transistor tester. Direct ebay links are against CoC, so I'll just tell you what to look for.

 

It should be under 20 bucks, have a 1602 LCD OR a graphical LCD, a ZIF socket, and run off of a 9v battery. Look for one with a rotary encoder, they have more features.

 

They identify basically any component shoved into them, well worth 20$

Oh yes I have several of those, ones without the rotary encoder though. They can identify just about anything. I think they're one of the best things you can have and I use mine all the time.  By the way, I don't know if you checked the values of the 330uf caps but the ones in mine only read 150-160uf, more than 50% down. lol :)

 

Thanks,

Chris

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×