LINUS TECH TIPS TEAM Q&A

Slick

Question to Luke (mainly): Can you re-do benchmarks on the R9 200 series vs R9 300 series on current drivers? A lot has changed in terms of drivers and it's hard to find a proper review. A comparison to GTX 900 series would be a nice addition.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

What was that bottom basement in your old house office used for. You never showed it off in your old office tour. Was it storage?

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

This goes for everyone, What is your favorite shape of chicken nugget? (Boot, bell, Dino, star, etc.)

Can you guys PLEASE go to PAX Aus 2015. Then I would have the chance to meet you!

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

1. Is there a place where I can find what transcoding and export settings the LTT team uses for its workflow? I want to take advantage of gpu acceleration in my own video editting system as well through the often talked about cineform codec.

2. What exactly goes down when nvidia or any company sends you equipment to use in the workplace, like the graphics cards in your new editting den? Do they expect anything in return?

3. Does Linus actually drive the honda civic and has he ever attracted much more attention than he would like

4. Has there ever been some crazy conflict with people not feeling comfortable with a camera around during your scrapyard wars?

What are your guys' daily driver watches?

Hiya :)

Feel free to quote me in a reply so I can see your reply :)

What cars do you guys drive?

What is each your favorite band/singer?

What do you guys have degree's in (if any)?

Something that definitely should be asked is pineapples or banana?

Hi Luke, first off, great fan of the new show.

Did you guys ever think about creating a second channel with the quick old style unboxings of the stuff you properly review on the main channel.

I really liked to see what was in the box, what to expect with the package etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke

What is the key to making quality content?

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Have a question you've wanted to ask a specific member?

need some insight on a random problem?

Why turnip on the wan show?

POST THEM BELOW!

Video coming soon maybe?

For Linus.

How long ago did you Start Your Business?? Did you think it would turn out like this??

How far do you reckon you will come in the next Year/2 years??

Each individuals favourite moment or part of being an LMG employee? Despite how long or short it may've been so far.

And/or,

What could you see your selves looking for in future potential employees? If any? Any suggestions for the dreamers among us? Haha

Hey all I have a couple of questions

1. I would like to know when was the last conflict in the office? (such as issues with editing direction etc.) basically when one or more members have butted heads

2. This goes to Brandon, Can you give some good tips on shooting good B-Roll footage

The Clown Prince...With A Bullet In A Bilbe