LINUS TECH TIPS TEAM Q&A

Slick

My question is, what's today's sponsor? I would like to know!

are you coming to pax east

• Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core | GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD3P | Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX | Corsair Carbide Series 200R -- WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Sandisk SSD 128GB | Corsair CX 750W | AOC e2250Swdn Black 22" | Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) |

Do you guys ever plan on selling the Wan show hoodie that Linus was wearing in the last vid? (Quadruple Your Network Speed for $100 with SMB 3.0 Multichannel!)

[Linus] How was your voice when you were younger?

For Linus

What got you into computers?

What Inspired you to do what you do now?

Can it run Crysis? jk

For Everyone other than Linus

Is Linus your god?

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

Luke, are you planning on doing anymore case modding/ 3D Printer Builds in the future? Something to a similar to the bomb build.

Brandon, What is your favourite camera, and favourite lens for that camera? And why?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Does anyone on the LTT team like cars??? Because I love cars!

Pro Budget Gamer (thats not a thing)

(For the whole team)

How big do you think the company is going to be?

Are you going to hand down the company to your son?

@LinusTech So i was watching the Mailroom video and at 6:15 , You talked about a modular headphone system.

So my question is that when are you going to do the review of the AIAIAI TMA-2 ( The name of the modular headphone ) ? I remember doing a post about it and you featured it in one of your old wan shows. 

(⌐■_■) 

Who designed the LTT forums? Someone from LMG? Im really liking the latest revision.

So this question is for future jobs/internships: @Slick @LinusTech?:

Currently, I am a Computer Science Major with a minor in Digital Video Production/Information Systems/Information Technology is Linus Media Group looking for people for internships for Summer of 2016 or Winter 2016? The college I go to, Marist College, requires that we have two internships for Computer Science and our minor counts towards it. I'm thinking about applying to Linus Media Group if so. I'm only a Freshman in College but I have knowledge in a few Adobe Programs(Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator), I also host a radio show for the school on Technology and Gaming every semester, and finally running the Marist Game Society stream for their events which will be starting this semester. (Nothing profession for the radio show but for fun.) Currently I have the possibility of working on Wall Street for the Summer, but I'm kind of hesitant on accepting it because I'm exploring other opportunities for internships.

• 3 weeks later...

How was the intro song chosen and how long did it take to find that song?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

@LinusTech Have you any temporary/permanent place in your immaculate team, for guys like me? I shall be your hardware / networking assistant. I will also troubleshoot faulty systems, and I will also be of significant help in keeping Linus Media Group in tip-top form. I also specialize in C++, and also Java in the future.

Patiently awaiting your reply,

Anand,

Proud Indian!

Nothing to see here ;)

What do you do with the stuff you've finished reviewing? How do you choose what product to review?

Nothing to see here ;)

What video games do each of the members enjoy playing? Is anyone on the team excited for any upcoming games, and if so, what are they and why are they excited for it?

Linus what is stopping you from putting a tower on you office roof and starting your own Wireless ISP with that fiber connection?

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

This question kind of calls back on case fan optimization, but I don't know if the answer would be similar. This is either for Linus, Luke, or anyone else for that matter:

How many radiators does a tower need in a loop in order to efficiently lower the heat in the main components? Is it subject to diminishing returns like we saw in the fans for case fan optimization, or is there a linear correlation? Is there some rule of thumb that is backed by data? Or is it really just a 120mm length radiator per every component, 2x120mm length radiator for every overclocked component, or as many radiators as my tower can hold/the biggest radiators I can find?

Thanks!