LINUS TECH TIPS TEAM Q&A

Slick

I'll answer this for you, a while back.. Maybe a few months of that. Some guy would post maybe once a month about the video Luke did where they got a $3000 3d printer for free. Well he had the idea that they didn't CLEARLY state who they got the printer from though Luke says it like 3 times. In the end this guy went through the trouble of getting ahold of the Canadian Government to look into it.

That's an interesting story, but it doesn't answer my question.

Linus answered it in the Q&A video though!

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

RED or GREEN ?

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

Can Nicky V do a techquickie? 

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

- how can I participate in a prank or ChannelSuperFun episode? (I have a valid passport; and will travel.. and don't mind playing a bad guy role if needed :P)

- why no warm-up DJ for The WAN Show when you are so regularly late? (looking at you 'NickyV' as the main candidate to be the DJ)

- do any of you like to make games on the side? (video game coding)

- when do you think you will be hiring again, and what qualifications will you likely be looking for?

- would you ever consider doing extreme sports like things for ChannelSuperFun, or would you start a new channel for that?

GREAT!  Thanks Luke, now it's stuck in my head.

Why you do dis to me?

Have a question you've wanted to ask a specific member?

need some insight on a random problem?

Why turnip on the wan show?

POST THEM BELOW!

Video coming soon maybe?

To Ed. What is your KD on Cs;Go ??? 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Can you guys please review this thing ASAP?

post-52977-0-41938000-1452508888.png

@Slick Who the fuck thought it was acceptable to troll Taran for a year? That guy who decided this was a good idea should be out of a job.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

@Slick Who the fuck thought it was acceptable to troll Taran for a year? That guy who decided this was a good idea should be out of a job.

It was NickyV

and I am sure if Taran was really upset and didn't want to do it they would stop but he didn't really react too much he was laughing half the time anyway 

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

It was NickyV

and I am sure if Taran was really upset and didn't want to do it they would stop but he didn't really react too much he was laughing half the time anyway 

The only reason he acted like that was that he works for LMG and he doesn't want to lose his job. 

Otherwise he would have punched him and quite frankly I would have tried to beat the crap out of him.

That was bullying. It is not acceptable to children or adults. He was about to cry.

If you did this in a workplace environment which is more "Normal", your reputation would be tarnished, you would be fired and you would have a hard time finding jobs for the rest of your life.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

The only reason he acted like that was that he works for LMG and he doesn't want to lose his job. 

Otherwise he would have punched him and quite frankly I would have tried to beat the crap out of him.

That was bullying. It is not acceptable to children or adults. He was about to cry.

I'm quite certain that if you really think that, your completely misunderstanding the workplace culture at LMG. Also at no point was he about to cry. These guys went to school together it was just a bit of fun between friends, you really need to calm down.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I'm quite certain that if you really think that, your completely misunderstanding the workplace culture at LMG. Also at no point was he about to cry. These guys went to school together it was just a bit of fun between friends, you really need to calm down.

I think that you misunderstood it. Whatever. Point is that if you do that and you are in a job environment like 99% of people are. Then you would have problems. And i still stand by what i said about it.

I think that you misunderstood it. Whatever. Point is that if you do that and you are in a job environment like 99% of people are. Then you would have problems. And i still stand by what i said about it.

Not all work environments are the same, do you even watch LMG content like WAN shows or Channel Super Fun? The reason I ask is because you don't have to watch too many of them to see what goes on at LMG and to figure out what kind of company it is, it's not a bloody insurance company or a bank. Also you must have a pretty low opinion of Taran if you think that someone messing with his mouse cursor and shit would make him want to cry.

This is not a typical workplace

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Not all work environments are the same, do you even watch LMG content like WAN shows or Channel Super Fun? The reason I ask is because you don't have to watch too many of them to see what goes on at LMG and to figure out what kind of company it is, it's not a bloody insurance company or a bank. Also you must have a pretty low opinion of Taran if you think that someone messing with his mouse cursor and shit would make him want to cry.

This is not a typical workplace

It was fucking with his workflow and productivity. If it was any other company that person would be fired.

It was fucking with his workflow and productivity. If it was any other company that person would be fired.

I don't see why you're so hung up on this, LMG is very obviously not that kind of company and Taran seems to have developed enough emotionally to not be bothered by something as silly as having someone wiggle his mouse cursor around. It just seems to me that you're intent on finding something to be offended over. I'm no expert but last time I checked this forum's URL was Linustechtips.com not Tumblr.com.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

If you did this in a workplace environment which is more "Normal", your reputation would be tarnished, you would be fired and you would have a hard time finding jobs for the rest of your life.

I don't see why you're so hung up on this, LMG is very obviously not that kind of company and Taran seems to have developed enough emotionally to not be bothered by something as silly as having someone wiggle his mouse cursor around. It just seems to me that you're intent on finding something to be offended over. I'm no expert but last time I checked this forum's URL was Linustechtips.com not Tumblr.com.

Yea I agree with ostwind, this is nothing serious, he even let him upload the bloody video, if he was genuinely mad he would tell linus. I wouldn't hit someone in the face even if they got rid of 30 minutes of my work, I just would tell them don't do it please and if they continue then maybe. But taran was laughing at the last bit, and since we actually saw the video it means that taran was ok with it being uploaded

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

For @LinusTech;

Why wasn't the office wired with thunderbolt 3?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

Ask this one to Linus: What would happen to LinusMediaGroup if YouTube were to shut down one day? Honestly that would be a horrible day. 

Specs: Intel Core i7 2600k | Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3 | EVGA 1080 FTW2 Gaming | Kingston HyperX Red 16GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Corsair CX600 | 
Lian Li Lancool-II white

Laptop: ASUS ROG Zephyrus M15 (Intel i7, 16GB, RTX 2070) | 2013 MacBook Pro 15 (Intel i7, 16GB, GT750M)

@TaranLMG Taran just curious why you barely any posts on here? Just seems a bit out of place for an LMG team member just sayin' :P

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

I'm honestly surprised they don't check their devices every once in a while to make sure a coworker isn't doing a prank on them at this point...

I do it almost everytime I start using a computer unless I'm in a rush to get something done!

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

Linus team read my PM or e-mail about school expedition Please  :unsure: