LINUS TECH TIPS TEAM Q&A

Slick

wow that video was up quick, was a fun one too. Good to hear of things like RSI after their first mention. 

And you can thank me for that...partially at least :P

T'was good to hear about these things.

Sig under construction.

And you can thank me for that...partially at least :P

T'was good to hear about these things.

Haha yeah, i saw your name quite a few times on those questions. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

For Linus, when are you doing the next personal rig update????????????????

Have a question you've wanted to ask a specific member?

need some insight on a random problem?

Why turnip on the wan show?

POST THEM BELOW!

Video coming soon maybe?

Will you put the Christmas album on Google Play?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Can you name all the staff on video?

Also, does Vessel pay better or something? Why the exclusivity?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

What if someone from vessel re-uploaded one of your videos onto YouTube? 

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

Can you PLEASE do a visualization PC build log with an FX-8350 or similar?

I have a few questions...

Can I watercool my dual r9 380s in crossfire with my existing h100i gtx cooler with additional hardware?

How do you know when a 1080p monitor is really a 1080p monitor and not "faking"?

Is stock idle temperature supposed to be at 42 degrees Celsius ( climbing as high as 50 degrees) on an AMD fx 8350 with a cooler master hyper 212 Evo (stock unit fan) ?

Sincerely,

Caleb/Beast Man/OG KUSH

p.s. I don't smoke it just feels right! 

What if someone from vessel re-uploaded one of your videos onto YouTube? 

That is not allowed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

That is not allowed.

Several people do. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Several people do. 

And we take down videos that do that whenever we can.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1. Is there any particular reason Linus wearing Socks & sandals , is it just for the videos or you're usually like that everyday

Since there are sufficient amount of  workers added on to LMG group can we call it a completed team? or is ther plans to expand it more?

Is it true that there's a rumor that Slick aka Luke takes obsolete & dangerous amount of Soylent in his daily diet & sometimes routinely bathes in a tub filled with this mysterious fluid

Is the Donor wall in the New office coming soon/under construction or is it completed & under some form of NDA?

Who's the most payed employee? *grabs popcorn*

Does Linus use the signature black tee as a good luck charm for his every videos , or is it just a casual thing for linus?

Can we have an afterparty Youtube channel solely dedicated to it?

Will there be an Unboxing channel/dedicated image thread other than instagram?

Who's the most witty member on the LMG?

if You could go back in time & had an option to start over again would you've ditched ncix earlier on & started on your own channel directly?

Details separate people.

Why were the black friday/holiday buyer's guide builds such bad value?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

To Dennis: What did you do before you came to linustechtips? in english and in your native language.

Hey linus, especially after your latest safe data storage video, it almost gets a bit too interesting yet complicated at the same time to remember all of your servers that you have installed in your rack. Maybe a neato flow chart would be really cool, that shows where file goes into which server (referring to their name as long as their purpose). Or you could just explain here just what exactly ALL of your server/systems do in your server rack in one video. Basically combine all of your individual videos into one that shows the flow of data/rendering/whatever you do with these systems.

Edit: less "how it came to be" and more "how everything works together."

Have a question you've wanted to ask a specific member?

need some insight on a random problem?

Why turnip on the wan show?

POST THEM BELOW!

Video coming soon maybe?

What was Luke's first PC

What was Linus's First PC

You see where im going with this.....

Current PC Specs

GPU: 750ti CPU: AMD FX-6300 PSU: EVGA 500W Case: Corsair Carbide Series Windowed 100R Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

When did people stop calling Luke Slick ? Yeah...I don't quite remember it.

Somewhat related , this comes up when you search slick in urban dictionary :

tOjWXog.png

What a coincidence.

xD

Luke - The vlog you did on your channel the other day was awesome. Any plans to do any vlogs like that around the office if Linus lets you? :D

would you mind posting the link?

Hey Linus, I always have been dreaming on this kind of a build.

These days the virtualization are reaching the skies, and as you might be aware that there are these thin/zero clients that can be deployed in 10's attached to network, And be powered from one rig. This has so many advantages like power,cost etc. But here how well do you think will this be efficient. There are threads on internet that show running upto 20 desktop from a core i5 processor.

How many thin clients can be run,in a rig of config, Corei7-6700K, 64 gb RAM, etc, if the thin clients must serve a purpose of simple tasks such as web browsing or songs playing ?? Do suggest me on a graphics card for the above and how will the graphics power be divided ??

Also would you mind in making a video for the same !!

Regards.

How do you feel about the fact that the Arctic Hobby Land Rider videos are still the two most watched videos on your channel and the view count keeps rising at a steady pace?

Do you think you will ever be able to beat the success of those two videos?

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

I guess this question is for Linus. How do you deal with sponsorship transparency? I've noticed recently that you've been making it more clear whether a video was sponsored by a particular company. Well, it seems that way. Tell me if i'm wrong.

I'll answer this for you, a while back.. Maybe a few months of that. Some guy would post maybe once a month about the video Luke did where they got a $3000 3d printer for free. Well he had the idea that they didn't CLEARLY state who they got the printer from though Luke says it like 3 times. In the end this guy went through the trouble of getting ahold of the Canadian Government to look into it.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)