How loud is the intel haswell stock cooler?

ComputerNoob

actually it was f2, is there a way to set the speed completely in the bios instead of max and low limit?

Just put the settings at the lowest, the fans will speed up to compensate for any extra heat.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just put the settings at the lowest, the fans will speed up to compensate for any extra heat.

Well i mean i had it in "silent" mode... I can switch to manual and change the max temperature and lowest temperature, but i can not change the fan in real time.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Well i mean i had it in "silent" mode... I can switch to manual and change the max temperature and lowest temperature, but i can not change the fan in real time.

I usually put the min temp at 40-50 degrees and max at 70-80.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 1 year later...

I have a 3570k as well, I kicked it up to 4.0 GHZ and under full load I barely notice the sound difference, be it gaming with no sound or video rendering.

They are pretty quiet.

I have the Stock one that came with my 3570K on a Pentium G645 and you can't hear it at all. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I have a 3570k as well, I kicked it up to 4.0 GHZ and under full load I barely notice and sound difference, be it gaming with no sound or video rendering.

4.0GHz on the stock cooler?!

What are your temps!?

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

thanks for reminding me, I forgot to change the cpu fan settings,

65 C ish on default fan settings,

now current will be about 55 max

during the winter and my window is open the ambient temperature is in between -15 and -33 Celsius, not sure about the possessor temps but low might be an understatement.

also do you perhaps know where I can get a download of prime95 or another stress tester? i've been running it at 4.0 for about 6 months now and still haven't stress tested it.

well I just was running metro last light max settings at 2800x1800 (dsr of 1440x900) and got to about 43 Celcius while firing guns in an action scene

It's not that loud but it's the loudest thing in my system unless I'm hammering the GPU. But I can't really hear it if I've got headphones on with something playing so I guess that's something. That said it is loud enough that I'm looking at replacing it with a Noctua CPU cooler which not only would have a bigger fan but will also let me drop the fan RPM to well under 1000. Only problem is I don't have enough space for a tower cooler so I'd have to get one of their low-profile coolers.......

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing