Project Nstalgic: Scratch-built Case, Desk, Passive LCS on Copper Tubing [ SCRAPPED ]

Hi everyone!

Welcome to Project

So, I have always wanted a case that would work for me.
Tried out quite a few cases - modded some of them too to no avail...

So, here I am. Trying to make something that would work for me:
Conceptual Design and Modelling

Always loved the idea to touch the design in real life, this is where it all began !

eheh.jpg

Work started in July 2013 with the Stainless Steel frame  

Working with stainless steel wasn't easy and couldn't have done it without a former colleague and a dear friend.

SSMF_CRE.jpg

So here are the things you can look forward to on this project:

CASE

• 90 degrees rotated mobo. Inspired by SilverStone's RV-01
  • SSD/HDD mount behind the mobo tray. Inspired by Linus & Fractal Design's Core 1000 mounting.
  • Passively Cooled Loop with at least 2 480 rads, because I'm one of those silent freaks.
  • Total build should be cooled by no more then 3 120mm fans, NF-F12's should do wonders with my air duct system.
  • Two top left 6.3mm ports for my HD598 and XLR mic along with four usb 3.0 ports. Explained here
  • One 5.25" bay for my BW-12B1LT. Well if you are going to put a odd, better make it rare & hard to find. 
  • A metal structure! No wood. No Plastic. Something that's also BIG enough to put 480 RAD's, lots of em !
  • Angled front window to make the case look leaner then it is and to show off 400mm T-Virus from front and left 
  • Custom 11 Litre Reservoir, check it out here

DESK

• Desk that's big enough to hold 2x 27" displays, 3x large vintage C/L/R speakers AND this case on top of it !
  • Fully modular design for easy disassemble and installation.
  • Stainless steel frame with 10mm tempered black glass top.
  • Design inspiration drawn from my childhood wonder the great Hardinge Bridge.

Top of the case

IMG_5465_RE.jpg

Paint Job

IMG_5466_5509_RE.jpg

Front window and the Air Duct System mounts

IMG_5475_RE.jpg

Now the custom reservoir space
_MP_2920.JPG
_MP_3038.JPG _MP_3034.JPG

Main structure from right back side without the SSD/HDD mounting 

Z_IMG_5430_RE.jpg

Behind the mobo tray SSD/HDD mounting

IMG_5626_RE.jpg

Any ideas or feedback would be a great help !

Well this is just plain awesome. 

So are you buying the pieces of aluminum or whatever and manufacturing them to be said shape yourself or what?

Looking forward to it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Well this is just plain awesome. 

So are you buying the pieces of aluminum or whatever and manufacturing them to be said shape yourself or what?

Looking forward to it.

Well, aside from the mobo tray and the 5.25" bay. yes :)

and those two I added from an old case.

Well, aside from the mobo tray and the 5.25" bay. yes :)

and those two I added from an old case.

Awesome. How much did all this cost (so far)? xD 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

So are you going to have the 3 fans as intake and have the air get pushed through the rads?

The 3 NF-F12's will draw air out of the case through the ducts I am working on. As u can see in the last pic, back side of the case is empty because that's where the 2 480's will stand !

They will function like the mesh on most cases but instead they will draw cool air from outside to the inside of the case due to subtle negative pressure inside. 

awesome

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

this is starting to look yummy!

the "project" feels really solid! gl and hf :D

can't wait for more pics! :ph34r:

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Wow! Looks AMAZING!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla