Project Nstalgic: Scratch-built Case, Desk, Passive LCS on Copper Tubing [ SCRAPPED ]

Looks better than what I expected and now I see what you meant by how you will be able to fit so many drives in. It's quite an interesting solution never seen anything like that before. Good Job! Keep it up :)

Thanks man, On the Next Update Finally You Will Know Why this Project is Named "Nstalgic"  :lol: 

nexusae0_mother-god-meme.jpg

eheh, just don't expect something too awesome. 

Nostalgia means "a sentimentality for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.

So, It's something old & obsolete to many but something very important to me  :wub: 

You could fit so many drives in such little space, why don't all case manufacturers use this :lol:.

Well, Most people even many enthusiasts don't like 90 Degree rotated mobo  ;)  Next post

And this case is huge enough to hold 2x 480's in the back, 2x 480's in the bottom and 1x 480 Rad in the side !

Also I could fit another 480 in the front, if i don't use ODD or a 360 if I go without my Air Duct System  :rolleyes:

post-22033-0-04831300-1380058327_thumb.j

Should I go on....  :wub: 

...Should I go on....  :wub: 

<_< really... thats is actually a question ? -_-

:lol:

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Well, Most people even many enthusiasts don't like 90 Degree rotated mobo  ;) 

And this case is huge enough to hold 2x 480's in the back, 2x 480's in the bottom and 1x 480 Rad in the side !

Also I could fit another 480 in the side if i don't use ODD or a 360 if I go without my Air Duct System  :rolleyes:

attachicon.gifIMG_5579_RE.jpg

Should I go on....  :wub: 

Yes, yes you should.

I think this case is awesome. Very very large too (2.88 mof potential cooling space? Insane!). 

I never understood why a 90 degree rotation was not popular. I mean, I would not like the cables all be coming out of the top of the case, aesthetically, but at the same time, functionally, that is the best place for them (easy to reach). Plus it makes 100 other things easier. Cable routing. Showing off the GPUs/other PCI-e cards, among other things.

With all that space, you could fit a lot more even with the 2x480's passively cooled and the air duct imo. Any plans aside from the PC part of it? 

For example, I intend to take apart a PS3 and PS4 to install them into my PC case. Why? Because it is awesome. :P 

Eh, maybe that is just me. And maybe I do not fully comprehend the amount of space you have to deal with since I do not own such a large case. Plus most of the pictures are glamour shots, so it is hard to tell what the actual, designed, look is like. Hard to imagine and whatnot (aside from that rough model you built early on of 2x4 wood or styrofoam, I forget which). 

Still, awesome build. :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I am planning on doing the same thing with my drives in my Fractal Define XL, 2 HDD in the optical bays and SSD on the side, so when you open it up you see the ssd and not the hdds. Hows the Steelsereis Sensie, I've been debating between the Roccat XTD and the Sensie?

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

I am planning on doing the same thing with my drives in my Fractal Define XL, 2 HDD in the optical bays and SSD on the side, so when you open it up you see the ssd and not the hdds. Hows the Steelsereis Sensie, I've been debating between the Roccat XTD and the Sensie?

Cool, Please don't forget to post pics  :) 

Well, any peripherals is more personal choice then anything else after you go over a certain brand/quality !

It also depends on what you like and honestly you will never know until you try  ;) 

I would recommend the Sensei or the Fnatic version of it, if u have sweaty hands.

You might also like the new Logitech G400s, if you are a low sensitivity gamer or like the feel of a good optical sensor.

If you have a bigger hand like me or Slick you might also like how the new Razer Deathadder 2013 fits comfortably in your hands! 

These are all great mouse and used by millions of gamers worldwide.

If you like comfort than settle for nothing less than the steelseries mousepads or Func  :D 

Here is my peripherals :

post-22033-0-08673700-1380058467_thumb.j

Keyboard: Corsair K90

Mouse: Steelseries Sensei
Mouse Pad: Razer Scarab 
Mouse Cable Management: Razer Mouse Bungee

Speaker: Logitech Z5500
Headphone: Sennheiser HD598
Microphone: Tt eSports ECHO

Here is my peripherals :

attachicon.gifIMG_5737_RE.jpg

Microphone: Tt eSports CHAO ECHO

nice build looks good so far also a bit off topic but can i ask you how hte 598's sound i maybe buying them in the next  month and would like to hear your experience with them?

Well, any peripherals is more personal choice then anything else after you go over a certain brand/quality !

It also depends on what you like and honestly you will never know until you try  ;) 

I would recommend the Sensei or the Fnatic version of it, if u have sweaty hands.

You might also like the new Logitech G400s, if you are a low sensitivity gamer or like the feel of a good optical sensor.

If you have a bigger hand like me or Slick you might also like how the new Razer Deathadder 2013 fits comfortably in your hands! 

If you like comfort than settle for nothing less than the steelseries mousepads or Func  :D 

Here is my peripherals :

loving those headphones man, and thanks. I liked the sensei when i was at my frineds house but his brother has the roccat xtd and it feel just as great. Though the deathadder has a really good reputation like the sensei. Idk, I'll choose something soon.

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

Yes, yes you should.

I think this case is awesome. Very very large too (2.88 mof potential cooling space? Insane!). 

I never understood why a 90 degree rotation was not popular. I mean, I would not like the cables all be coming out of the top of the case, aesthetically, but at the same time, functionally, that is the best place for them (easy to reach). Plus it makes 100 other things easier. Cable routing. Showing off the GPUs/other PCI-e cards, among other things.

With all that space, you could fit a lot more even with the 2x480's passively cooled and the air duct imo. Any plans aside from the PC part of it? 

For example, I intend to take apart a PS3 and PS4 to install them into my PC case. Why? Because it is awesome. :P 

Eh, maybe that is just me. And maybe I do not fully comprehend the amount of space you have to deal with since I do not own such a large case. Plus most of the pictures are glamour shots, so it is hard to tell what the actual, designed, look is like. Hard to imagine and whatnot (aside from that rough model you built early on of 2x4 wood or styrofoam, I forget which). 

Still, awesome build. :D

2.88 m3 of potential cooling space? yup if not more ! Next update

Trust me there won't be any cable coming out of the top  B) and yes 90 degree rotated mobo tray makes 100 things easy !

Aesthetically speaking, it's way better too in my opinion   ^_^ 

This is some of the stuff I am feeling her up with, Nothing as Awesome as your idea though  :P 

CPU: Intel 3570K 4.8GHz 1.27v

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 8x2 with Light Bar Upgrade. Check it out here 

SSD: Crucial 256GB Bootdrive and Vortex 4 128GB as a Scratch Drive
HDD: WD Caviar Green 3x2 6TB Mass Storage

ODD: Asus Blu-ray Writer BW-12B1LT

PSU: Tt ToughPower GRAND 1050W 80PLUS GOLD

GPU: 7950 2way CF, I Already Sold One  :D I Will Sell the other one when my 780 Arrives along with the

XSPC Razor Titan Block with backplate ! 
post-22033-0-01892400-1380058557.jpg

Imagine this reservoir behind the front angled glass window!                                      [foam model]

post-22033-0-01944300-1380058583.jpg             post-22033-0-19178700-1380058629_thumb.j

There always be glamour shots but yes more details are coming very soon  :rolleyes: 

2.88 m3 of potential cooling space? yup if not more !

Why would all the cables come out of the top  :huh: and yes 90 degree rotated mobo tray makes 100 things easy !

Aesthetically speaking, it's way better too in my opinion  ^_^ 

This is some of the stuff I am feeling her up with, Nothing as Awesome as your idea though  :P 

Mobo: Asus Maximus V Formula
CPU: Intel 3670K 4.8GHz 1.27v

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 8x2 with Light Bar Upgrade. Check it out here 

SSD: Crucial 256GB Bootdrive and Vortex 4 128GB as Scratch Drive
HDD: WD Caviar Green 3x2 6TB Mass Storage

ODD: Asus BW-12B1LT

PSU: Tt ThoughPower GRAND 1050W 80PLUS GOLD

GPU: 7950 2way CF, I Already Sold One :D I Will Sell the another one when my 780 Arrives along with the

XSPC Razor Titan Block with backplate ! 

Imagine this reservoir behind the front angled glass window  :rolleyes: 

Which way are you rotating the motherboard tray? To where the IO panel is in the top of the case or the bottom? If it is the top, then that is what I am talking about.

3670k? You mean 3570k, or 3770k?

That is an awesome build. :D Cannot wait to see it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Which way are you rotating the motherboard tray? To where the IO panel is in the top of the case or the bottom? If it is the top, then that is what I am talking about.

3670k? You mean 3570k, or 3770k?

That is an awesome build. :D Cannot wait to see it.

LOL, ya sorry about that!

Still updating the post I accidentally pressed the post button instead of the Preview   :unsure: 

Here is my peripherals :

That mic is awesome! I might actually get one.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

There cheap and does the job perfectly for their price  ^_^ 

Can you post an audio quality test? :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

That it does. It's a 780 with the XSPC Titan block :D 

Still it looks nice. It like a a Ferrari 458 wrapped in a Koenigsegg Agera R, it still ridiculously good and fast. 

rawr!! I'm a ferret!