Project Nstalgic: Scratch-built Case, Desk, Passive LCS on Copper Tubing [ SCRAPPED ]

This is going to be amazing, are you going with generic tubing or are you going with acrylic/metal? 

UPDATE: Copper Tubing "Initial Stage" Next update

My new fittings haven't arrived yet  :angry: So, used one of my old ones to test copper pipes and bend tested it !

Noticed ​minor imperfections on the plating process, Currently working on the solution with a friends help. 

post-22033-0-59365600-1377988530.jpg

UPDATE: Copper Tubing "Initial Stage"

My new fittings haven't arrived yet  :angry: So, used one of my old ones to test copper pipes and bend tested it !

Noticed ​minor imperfections on the plating process, Currently working on the solution with a friends help. 

attachicon.gifIMG_5286_RE.jpg

Nerdgasm initiated

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

UPDATE: Copper Tubing "Initial Stage"

attachicon.gifIMG_5286_RE.jpg

A full rig of that (without the imperfections of course)... so sexy  :wub: .

i'm confused. how do you hope to have enough dissipation to have a full system without fans?

The rads won't have any fans but the case will have 3 noctua NF-F12's. The fans will draw air out of the case through the ducts I am working on.

And that will effectively draw cool air from outside to the inside of the case through the rads due to subtle negative pressure inside.

Thanks to the massive res my loop won't warm up that fast and I am counting on my MCP655 to perform as admirably as it did me through the years  :rolleyes: 

Too bad that there's no skiP foward button in real life ^^ because i'm already wanting to see more and more of this!!!!!!

Amazing man!!! :D

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Very cool case/chassis.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

CONCEPT: Initial Design and Modelling ! Next update

Always loved the idea to touch the design in real life, this is what inspired the whole process...

For the first time you guys can see the front window, where the T-Virus res will stand tall !

It makes the case look leaner then it is, Right ?

post-22033-0-74356600-1378066708.jpg

UPDATE: Top Removable Panelling of the Case ! Next post

Just finished doing the top removable panel of the case. The mash is Brushed Anodized Aluminum  :wub: 

The panels are 5mm acrylic glass due to the lack of proper tools, the cuts were less than perfect !

So, as a necessity I used the carbon fiber vinyl to give the edges a more polished look, What do you guys think?  

post-22033-0-76937600-1378202406.jpg

UPDATE: Top Removable Panelling of the Case ! more updates

Just finished doing the top removable panel of the case. The mash is Brushed Anodized Aluminum  :wub: 

The panels are 5mm acrylic glass due to the lack of proper tools, the cuts were less than perfect !

So, as a necessity I used the carbon fiber vinyl to give the edges a more polished look, What do you guys think?  

attachicon.gifIMG_5311_RE.jpg

I think that looks amazing :D. I love it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Sorry, I just realized it. Had not noticed until I saw the I/O section facing directly up.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Sorry, I just realized it. Had not noticed until I saw the I/O section facing directly up.

No problem man, I am Glad that you finally did  :D 

Here Check this out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/51508-project-nstalgic-custom-case-passive-lcs-with-copper-tubing/page-2#entry693519

^ Rad's gonna be where other cases have I/O  B)

Here Check this out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/51508-project-nstalgic-custom-case-passive-lcs-with-copper-tubing/page-2#entry693519

That's definitely an interesting setup, I wonder how you're going to handle cable management, though.

Sounds epic :D

† Christian Member †