Should I pick up 2nd gen Moto E on sale?! ($69.99)

emachado99

Hey guys,

Best Buy Canada currently has the 2015 version of the Motorola E on sale, off contract for $69.99. They are usually anywhere between $100-$130. I was thinking about picking one up, but here's my plan.

I already have an iPhone 5s, as my daily phone and plan to keep it that way. But for a while now (since the summer) I've been thinking about picking up a cheaper android phone, just to have as kind of like a media device, and just something for me to play around with and experience android. I was planning on purchasing a used one to save money, but now that these are on sale, I'm thinking on picking one up. Do you think it's worth it?

Sale runs till Thursday the 31st, so I still have some time.

Thanks for your time :)

Moved to Mobile Devices.

Please make sure you are posting in the correct sub-forum at all times. You should be aware of where threads are to be put.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Hey guys,

Best Buy Canada currently has the 2015 version of the Motorola E on sale, off contract for $69.99. They are usually anywhere between $100-$130. I was thinking about picking one up, but here's my plan.

I already have an iPhone 5s, as my daily phone and plan to keep it that way. But for a while now (since the summer) I've been thinking about picking up a cheaper android phone, just to have as kind of like a media device, and just something for me to play around with and experience android. I was planning on purchasing a used one to save money, but now that these are on sale, I'm thinking on picking one up. Do you think it's worth it?

Sale runs till Thursday the 31st, so I still have some time.

Thanks for your time :)

i've had the moto e 1st gen, it had a god damn 480p screen, like WTF?!?! so i would go for a moto g or x or maybe a nexus 4 or 5

Can you check if Asus Zenphones are available at that range?

They have good sound quality.

Mote E 2nd gen is not a great device for Media purpose.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

i've had the moto e 1st gen, it had a god damn 480p screen, like WTF?!?! so i would go for a moto g or x or maybe a nexus 4 or 5

Yeah I know the first gen Moto E was garbage. But the 2nd gen Moto E is equal, if not greater in terms of specs and features as the first gen Moto G. Second and third gen Moto G's are out of range, and so is the Moto X for sure.

I could check. I would like a near stock version of Android if possible. And I know Motorola does a good job, keeping it close to vanilla.

I could check. I would like a near stock version of Android if possible. And I know Motorola does a good job, keeping it close to vanilla.

Yes, I like the Stock look all the time.

But you can always custom ROM it, that's a benefit.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

the moto e's sound was amazing tho, them front facing speakers should be implemented on every device :)

the moto e's sound was amazing tho, them front facing speakers should be implemented on every device :)

comparing to Asus Zenfone, it's little bit on the lower side. Also sometimes audio gets distorted (not all the time) when on full VOlume.

comparing to Asus Zenfone, it's little bit on the lower side. Also sometimes audio gets distorted (not all the time) when on full VOlume.

I've actually been looking into the phone more, and aside from the screen resolution, it appears to be on par with the second gen Moto G. The CPU and GPU are actually slightly better..

my grandfather just got it.I like it quite a lot.the screen could be bigger though nut the resolution is totally fine.