Mayhems Pastel Coolant

I'm intrigued actually because I have an Alphacool 240mm rad in my CPU (Red) loop, however he still has the issue with HWL rads and I didnt have this issue previously when using XSPC blocks ...

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I'm intrigued actually because I have an Alphacool 240mm rad in my CPU (Red) loop, however he still has the issue with HWL rads and I didnt have this issue previously when using XSPC blocks ...

Denial(singularity computer) also experience the same issue with his personal rig. He end up changed almost everthing, also HWL rad.  I would say its really rare to see this kind of issue. Most of the time is cause by mix coolant or used block/radiator.

Denial(singularity computer) also experience the same issue with his personal rig. He end up changed almost everthing, also HWL rad.  I would say its really rare to see this kind of issue. Most of the time is cause by mix coolant or used block/radiator.

I don't have a bad word to say about Mayhems, they did after all sponsor my rig when others weren't interested (bar Gigabyte who would only supply my 970s if I showcased their cooling aka not watercool). Ive used their products since my first loop build admittedly only 2 years ago, but this is quite a frustrating issue. At the moment I'm contemplating X1, PETG tubing and swapping my Alphacool radiator, not cheap!

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Jay didn't do anything wrong. He just said he wasn't going to use their pastel anymore because it kept changing. I'm pretty sure he used Hardwarelabs Black Ice radiators since the last rebuild.

Not really.  His original video on this issue was a 20 minute rant on why he will never use Pastel again.  If that's not a condemning review of their products, then I don't know what is.  I knew from the moment he posted that original video, it was going to erupt in a mess of internet drama and clashing egos and surprise, surprise; that's exactly what happened.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Let me start this by saying I didn't want to get involved, both said things on twitter they shouldn't of, they should have taken it private and dealt with it like adults and professionals, and not in public. I am also not condoneing what Mayhems said, as that was extremely unprofessional and rude.

but I was just watching Jay's latest video, then it got to the screenshot from Michael's (Owner of Mayhems) personal facebook page at around 14:50. Jay says that Michael is trash talking on his personal facebook, I am friends with Michael on facebook, I saw that post so I know that Jay only posted PART of that post, in fact he shared the only bad comments in that post. You guys should see the FULL post.

Lets start with the night that they were sending messages to each other.

Both sides said something they shouldn't of, but after a while Mayhems deleted all their posts and Michael posted on this personal fb.

vHt0c06.png

This next bit is part of the post that Jay shared.

eJOd40K.png

Michael admitted he was wrong, and did apologize, but no one has mentioned this, they are only talking about the other things he said. At the end of the day we make mistakes and sometimes say things we regret.

As I said I am not on either side or condoning what Mayhems said, but I felt like everyone needed to see both sides.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

This issue goes back at least 2.5 years ago.

One of the links Jay listed in the description was of TinyTomLogan from OC3D.net explaining how Mike at Mayhems threw him under the bus when a black fluid turned brown. even after all the extensive prep he went through doing his build.

It seems that Mayhems pastal has some issue and that Mayhems is super salty and blames everyone but the product itself

starts at the 20 minute mark

Looking for a job

Not really.  His original video on this issue was a 20 minute rant on why he will never use Pastel again.  If that's not a condemning review of their products, then I don't know what is.  I knew from the moment he posted that original video, it was going to erupt in a mess of internet drama and clashing egos and surprise, surprise; that's exactly what happened.

Companies shouldn't even be attacking their customers (not the first time), it's not like they sponsored him as he was using their products and still is (orange dye I think). Mayhems took it as a personal attack, sure Jay said it was no good from his experience but he isn't the only one who's had that issue.

I saw that they wanted to help find the problem which is good but they relied too much on Jay for help. Sending out a cleaning kit and some pastel could've sorted things out.

I mean I'm not really phased by it all. Decided to stop using pastel myself and run distilled with dye. Only complaint I've got with pastel is that it leaves white stuff around the threads of fittings.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Lol I don't wanna get caught inbetween some ego trip on twitter, I just wanna stop my coolant fading lol, whether that be a different coolant or changing something in my rig, doesnt really matter to me, I still have nothing bad to say about Mayhems, the radiators they provided me have been superb!

Ryzen Ram Guide

----

Michael and Tom both sat down and sorted things out.

Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

They all fade, they all split, its just basic chemistry. Every single one of these "our liquid is different" companies has ultimately been proved wrong given a year or so of the product on the market. New watercoolers wont have seen the scandal after scandal but the reality is that so far 100% of these premixed liquids has failed in loops, loops that have been cleaned and built by long term regular watercoolers.

You can all think its something particular that Jayz did wrong but history is very much against that, they have all had issues, not a single colored liquid has actually worked as advertised so far. Nor have the companies ultimately stood by their products. All they do is delay the inevitable.

Hey guys i just wanted 2 share my experience with mayhems pastel since there have been other people like jayz2cents having issues this is what happened 2 my loop after 2 days

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dr812HowCOw

I did flush my rad

Not exactly sure what happened to yours cause I've never seen that happen in a span of 2 days, while some of the particles can precipitate over long use that seems like you had a bad batch or something happened when you added the distilled water if it was concentrate.

it was the concentrate but i dont know what i could have done wrong

I suggest contacting Mayhems (Click here for their online form), do not throw away the liquid as sometimes if they cannot work out what has happened, they will request some to test (they will pay all fees). 

You have nothing to lose by contacting them.

Addon Customs -

it was the concentrate but i dont know what i could have done wrong

I couldn't say exactly what it could be tbh but yeah more to add to the list for Mayhems. The only guess is the regular cleaning, and proper amount of distilled water to concentrate ratio as many others would probably say

"Affected colours inc : Red, Pink, Yellow, Orange, Clear, Purple
None Affected Colours : Blue, Green, White"

What that suggest to me, is that whatever chemical they are using in everything but blue and green (white is base color), reacts with certain metals and/or certain plastic types (temperature might play a role as well)

There is no way this many people would have had problems, if it where a simple cleaning issue.

So the story is, get a safe colour if you want pastel but dont want it to change colour.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

What that suggest to me, is that whatever chemical they are using in everything but blue and green (white is base color), reacts with certain metals and/or certain plastic types (temperature might play a role as well)

There is no way this many people would have had problems, if it where a simple cleaning issue.

So the story is, get a safe colour if you want pastel but dont want it to change colour.

Haha easier said than done when your whole project is based around red ;)

Ryzen Ram Guide

Haha easier said than done when your whole project is based around red ;)

Thats what X1 is for.

Thats what X1 is for.

Yup, I'm going rigid tubing at the same time

Ryzen Ram Guide

Except many people report that the blue changes colour over time as well. 

Except many people report that the blue changes colour over time as well. 

First I have heard about it. Sure it was blue pastel?

If so, so would it seem white and green are the only 2 left.

Wonder if the colours fade, if you use white pastel with dye.

First I have heard about it. Sure it was blue pastel?

If so, so would it seem white and green are the only 2 left.

Wonder if the colours fade, if you use white pastel with dye.

Yes they do, I made my own mixture up the previous time I filled my rig

Ryzen Ram Guide

Yes they do, I made my own mixture up the previous time I filled my rig

So it gets whiter the more time passes?

That would not be the worse thing ever.

i watched that last vid ( today ) as he was taking apart  the block for the graphics card. i was thinking about the o-ring and maybe the stuff they used to help hold it in place during assembly and what that would do during normal use. I also noticed that the inside of the block was "greasy" (slick) for some reason. another component in the mix that may have contributed to the debacle. or maybe it was something in the manufacturing of the radiators and not properly flushed at the factory or by the end user. I take for granted they are clean..?? (chemical reations? )

maybe something in the coolant itself? or maybe an unhappy employee contaminating stock during manufacture or assembly. serial numbers and date stamps might help there.

Jay is an experienced system builder. when something goes awry he should take the initiative and look into it and HE HIMSELF should have contacted the manufacturer. Not sit there with his thumb up his ass because he's god's gift to ........... whatever he's god's gift to..?? and wait because he thinks the boss from the factory actually watches the stuff he produces. He said himself that he buys it on his own without payola so why would they even watch.

now I'm going to go call duncan hines and complain about the instructions on the back of their box for the low fat recipe. it's not right and ihad to throw out a cake.......... $2.50 cents down the drain......... not to mention the cost of eggs, the apple sauce and my time..........