Mayhems Pastel Coolant

So it gets whiter the more time passes?

That would not be the worse thing ever.

Well not exactly it could precipitate and come out of solution leaving you with a milking clear fluid, personally I run pastel white and have noticed a few particles stick to the top edge of the fluid line in my res. While it still looks and functions fine others may be experiencing more severe problems like the blue fluid which just disappeared. 

Also @ColeCampbell13 if you do break down the loop could you let me know I'm curious myself as to where the coloring went since it looked like it precipitated but there isn't an actual precipitate to be seen in your loop.

Edited by W-L

Well not exactly it could precipitate and come out of solution leaving you with a milking clear fluid, personally I run pastel white and have noticed a few particles stick to the top edge of the fluid line in my res. While it still looks and functions fine others may be experiencing more severe problems like the blue fluid which just disappeared. 

I was talking about running white pastel with dye (like red), to get around the changing colour problem.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

Jay is being a huge ass for throwing Mayhems under the bus when the issue is most likely his dirty Alpha Cool radiator that he uses in the GPU loop.  They're notorious for making radiators that can never be completely cleaned out and Mayhems have said over and over again on multiple different forums to avoid using their fluids with Alpha Cool radiators.  I can even say from personal experience that changing from a cheap, dirty radiator to an EK rad fixed the issue completely with Mayhems fluid when my loop kept turning purple from red after a few weeks.

If Jay wants to swap out the fluid rather than swapping out the radiator, that's perfectly fine but it's ridiculous that he's refusing to admit the problem can be anything besides the fluid.  He's on a total ego trip and this "drama" is really making it hard to trust his opinions.

I use EK cool stream PE rads and my coolant seems fine still after 5 months and I'm using the exact same coolant Jay was using

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

another thing I just thought of.......... the block he disassembled. part of that is plastic. what kind of plastic and how that would react..???  and then there are the release agents from the molds that still have a presence when they reach your home.

So it gets whiter the more time passes?

That would not be the worse thing ever.

Nope it did exactly the same as the premix, lost vibrancy and went murky

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Jay is being a huge ass for throwing Mayhems under the bus when the issue is most likely his dirty Alpha Cool radiator that he uses in the GPU loop.  They're notorious for making radiators that can never be completely cleaned out and Mayhems have said over and over again on multiple different forums to avoid using their fluids with Alpha Cool radiators.  I can even say from personal experience that changing from a cheap, dirty radiator to an EK rad fixed the issue completely with Mayhems fluid when my loop kept turning purple from red after a few weeks.

If Jay wants to swap out the fluid rather than swapping out the radiator, that's perfectly fine but it's ridiculous that he's refusing to admit the problem can be anything besides the fluid.  He's on a total ego trip and this "drama" is really making it hard to trust his opinions.

Ether you mix your brands or you have false info, all radiators in Skunkworks is from Hardwarelabs and I think they factory clean there radiators (if my memory is correct).

He has said that on videos and its what he lists on the part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JayzTwoCents/saved/X79Pxr

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

another thing I just thought of.......... the block he disassembled. part of that is plastic. what kind of plastic and how that would react..???  and then there are the release agents from the molds that still have a presence when they reach your home.

That black plastic is called Acetal or Delrin, as for leeching and releasing chemicals delrin is very stable so it shouldn't be a problem. It's quite good in a watercooling loop since it has a fairly high chemical resistant to solvents and the chemicals that are in watercooling fluids and is very resilient to tempature changes. While I personally have doubts it could be the plastic I wouldn't directly rule it out.