Mayhems Pastel Coolant

It seems to be coming up somewhat recently but in general  you shouldn't have problems as long as the PH in the loop doesn't change, most times where fluid degrades or changes it the PH changing that causes problem. I've personally run Pastel white for a good 5-6months without any issues but others have had problem not too long after unfortunately:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/498873-coolant-colour-faded-again/

Saw that thread =/ What can I do to help ensure the pH stays balanced?

Check for tube compatibility on their site i'm using XSPC clear flex tubing and mine still looks the same as when I put the yellow pastel coolant in but jayztwocents video has worried me that mine will go brown as well.

Yah I went with Promochill Advanced LRT (I had first ordered some cheapo Alphatube but then I learned about plasticizer so I ordered the primochill, never installed it). I was just reading through your build log btw, killer desk pc!

The issue is that everything I read seems to conflict. Everyone has their own methods for flushing the rads & loop, different parts affect things differently, seems like a tossup. The only consistent things I've gathered is to flush the rads out A BUNCH before installing them (making sure at least the final flush or two are with distilled or DI water). Other than that, some people say flush with diluted vinegar, use blitz, use the primochill sysprep, others say not to. Hopefully my rads should be pretty good (both HWL black ice nemesis), I just want to be as cautious as possible.

Saw that thread =/ What can I do to help ensure the pH stays balanced?

Yah I went with Promochill Advanced LRT (I had first ordered some cheapo Alphatube but then I learned about plasticizer so I ordered the primochill, never installed it). I was just reading through your build log btw, killer desk pc!

The issue is that everything I read seems to conflict. Everyone has their own methods for flushing the rads & loop, different parts affect things differently, seems like a tossup. The only consistent things I've gathered is to flush the rads out A BUNCH before installing them (making sure at least the final flush or two are with distilled or DI water). Other than that, some people say flush with diluted vinegar, use blitz, use the primochill sysprep, others say not to. Hopefully my rads should be pretty good (both HWL black ice nemesis), I just want to be as cautious as possible.

I made a really bad mistake on my GPU loop I forgot to flush one of the radiators I thought I had done them all but some how I missed one so I ended up draining the loop and the yellow coolant had black dust particles in it I managed to save most of the fluid using a filter to filter out all the black dust I then flushed the loop out with some distilled water and put the coolant back in and my coolant is still the same colour it was when I put it in 5 month ago so i'm confused how jayztwocents went so bad it must have been a mix of metals or the rads. I'm using all EK radiators and blocks the only blocks I used nickel for is the gpu blocks just because you can see the side of the block but the cpu I used copper the rads are a mix of copper and brass I think and everything seem fine, may just be me worrying too much.

And thanks the desk was good until I moved into my new bedroom that has carpet instead of wooden floor it sinks too much at the back due to weight tilting the desk backwards and I also can't mount a monitor to an arm so I am moving everything over to a Phantek Enthoo Primo with just the one loop and two Quad Radiators hope that enough cooling space for my rig going from 4x360 to 2x480

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

I made a really bad mistake on my GPU loop I forgot to flush one of the radiators I thought I had done them all but some how I missed one so I ended up draining the loop and the yellow coolant had black dust particles in it I managed to save most of the fluid using a filter to filter out all the black dust I then flushed the loop out with some distilled water and put the coolant back in and my coolant is still the same colour it was when I put it in 5 month ago so i'm confused how jayztwocents went so bad it must have been a mix of metals or the rads. I'm using all EK radiators and blocks the only blocks I used nickel for is the gpu blocks just because you can see the side of the block but the cpu I used copper the rads are a mix of copper and brass I think and everything seem fine, may just be me worrying too much.

And thanks the desk was good until I moved into my new bedroom that has carpet instead of wooden floor it sinks too much at the back due to weight tilting the desk backwards and I also can't mount a monitor to an arm so I am moving everything over to a Phantek Enthoo Primo with just the one loop and two Quad Radiators hope that enough cooling space for my rig going from 4x360 to 2x480

Thanks for going in depth! Interesting. 5+ months in your system after being through all that seems perfectly acceptable, I expect to be changing coolant once every 6-12 months or so. I feel like something else has to be at play in jayztwocents build.

Personally I'm using primochill adv lrt tubing, mostly phobya fittings (nickel plated), HWL black ice rads (brass), alphacool gpu block (copper) & heatkiller iv cpu block (copper). From what I've read that should all be fine together (& I'm hoping the additives in the mayhems will prevent any issues from cropping up).

I'm definitely going to be doing several flushes of the loop (after flushing the rads of course) with distilled or DI water before I put the mayhems in, just to be sure. I don't know whether or not to use the sysprep the tubing comes with or not, I don't know what affect that might have on the pH (even after several additional flushes...)

-SNIP-

Best thing is to keep an eye on it, I personally will be doing some fluid tests with PH soon to see what results I get from running my fluid since hearing of theses problems. in general though if there is a major change in PH either the coolant has degraded from being in the loop too long or something is reacting inside the loop with it. The best thing is first a good cleaning of all the rads and parts to ensure that no contaminates could be the issue. 

I cant speak for X1, but I'm having a similar experience with my Pastel Red. On my 3rd refill in 10 months, the last time I completely stripped my loop apart and flushed with boiled distilled water. The previous time I used a Mayhems Blitz Pro cleaning kit.

what happened with your red coolant did it seperate and go a funny color?

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

-SNIP-

My only guess as to what occurred in Jay's loop was possibly an issue with his soft tubing he used I don't remember what he used exactly off the top of my head but from that video that tubing really degraded.

stealth80's fluid is fading or losing it's vibrant color.

My only guess as to what occurred in Jay's loop was possibly an issue with his soft tubing he used I don't remember what he used exactly off the top of my head but from that video that tubing really degraded.

I think so too, that tubing looked a mess. I saw somewhere he was using tygon (which mayhems explicitly advises against).

I think so too, that tubing looked a mess. I saw somewhere he was using tygon (which mayhems explicitly advises against).

From the look of that tube at least visually that seems to be the case if that tubing was used, but no matter what all soft tubing will degrade over time no matter how good it is, many have done tests on it:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1380775/what-is-plasticizer

From the look of that tube at least visually that seems to be the case if that tubing was used, but no matter what all soft tubing will degrade over time no matter how good it is, many have done tests on it:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1380775/what-is-plasticizer

I did see that when I was researching, that's unfortunate =/ some leech/cloud faster than others though, correct? I'm hoping to not have to re-tube more than once every year or so

I did see that when I was researching, that's unfortunate =/ some leech/cloud faster than others though, correct? I'm hoping to not have to re-tube more than once every year or so

Yeah some degrade worst than others the current Primochill stuff seems to work fairly well from what I've seen but usually if your breaking down the entire loop for a full scale cleaning say every 12months it's not a bad idea to change tubing. If there isn't anything visually wrong or clogging then it can be possible to get away with just a simple fluid change.

Yeah some degrade worst than others the current Primochill stuff seems to work fairly well from what I've seen but usually if your breaking down the entire loop for a full scale cleaning say every 12months it's not a bad idea to change tubing. If there isn't anything visually wrong or clogging then it can be possible to get away with just a simple fluid change.

Cool, thanks m8, you're always very helpful =]

I don't know how many of you have seen this but there is tons of info on all of mayhem's products here and Mick stops by regularly to answer questions and whatnot.  There is lots of pages but you can search through them.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1286896/mayhems-users-club

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

I don't know how many of you have seen this but there is tons of info on all of mayhem's products here and Mick stops by regularly to answer questions and whatnot.  There is lots of pages but you can search through them.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1286896/mayhems-users-club

Yah I read through about 50 pages of that (think I might have made an account over there but never posted). I can't tell if this is a case of 'people with positive experiences with it post less than those with negative ones'. Seems like plenty of people have used it successfully, without complaint. Guess I'll find out firsthand soon enough (and I'll be sure to report back one way or the other ;]).

Yah I read through about 50 pages of that (think I might have made an account over there but never posted). I can't tell if this is a case of 'people with positive experiences with it post less than those with negative ones'. Seems like plenty of people have used it successfully, without complaint. Guess I'll find out firsthand soon enough (and I'll be sure to report back one way or the other ;]).

yeah I think that is definitely the case, but I think a lot of people still have problems with it. I'm currently using mayhem's aurora 2 and LOTS of people have problems with that, myself included in the past, but it looks ballin so I adapt.

I'm using mayhem's tubing as well and haven't had any plasticizing issues yet, it's pretty sweet stuff and super reasonably priced.  Try emailing mick directly if you want any more info on prepping your system for the pastel (he post's his email in that oc.net thread frequently)

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Hi Guys,

So i'm a little concerned about my coolant just because I have seen some people including JayzTwoCents talking about the coolant being bad and messing up the blocks and also going a weird color, I have the Sunset Yellow Pastel coolant and have had it for about 4-5 months and my loops don't appear to have changed color yet.

Does this issue affect all people with this coolant or is it a metal issue within the loop, I don't know whether or not to change my coolant.

Thanks

Would just like to point out he used the concentrate mixed with very cheap distilled water. He should of used better water. I buy the premixed coolant so I don't have to mess with mixing and have never had any cooler change happen. I wouldn't worry about it just because one YouTuber is upset at it. He shows the powder on his o rings. I drained my system had almost nothing on them, it's had the same fluid longer then skunkworks. post-242202-14512190566186_thumb.jpg

post-242202-14512189501167_thumb.jpg

Would just like to point out he used the concentrate mixed with very cheap distilled water. He should of used better water. I buy the premixed coolant so I don't have to mess with mixing and have never had any cooler change happen. I wouldn't worry about it just because one YouTuber is upset at it. He shows the powder on his o rings. I drained my system had almost nothing on them, it's had the same fluid longer then skunkworks. attachicon.gif20151224_170320.jpg

My distilled water came from some science company in the UK it was quite expensive about 15GBP for 5 litres.

Custom PC:

Would just like to point out he used the concentrate mixed with very cheap distilled water. He should of used better water. I buy the premixed coolant so I don't have to mess with mixing and have never had any cooler change happen. I wouldn't worry about it just because one YouTuber is upset at it. He shows the powder on his o rings. I drained my system had almost nothing on them, it's had the same fluid longer then skunkworks. attachicon.gif20151224_170320.jpg

My distilled water came from some science company in the UK it was quite expensive about 15GBP for 5 litres.

I personally just used regular store bought stuff, while I did test it to have a neutral PH the scientific stuff is usually more pure and clean depending on the type.

what happened with your red coolant did it seperate and go a funny color?

It goes murky red, I'm running a progress log here:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/498873-coolant-colour-faded-again/

Basically I did a full​ flush and rebuilt the loops around 4 weeks ago, I'm going to take pictures every few weeks to show the change, but if you check that post you can see the difference in the 2 res pictures already

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

This has always been an issue with Mayhem's coolants.

Most of the cases of it separating that I've heard of have been due to using tubing prone to plasticizer leaching or very hot loops.

Note that the hotter Titan X loop separated more for J2C.

FTFY.

Colour loss is not a Pastel specific thing with a 30c temp loop

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

The JayzTwoCents/Mayhems nonsense continues, at least he sort of touched on prep & parts

I never had issue with pastel(white) coolant. I have put it in a high temp conditions 50C+ with out any issue. My system is running 24X7 for a longtime. There is no cooler change at all. I also inspect the coolant during my upgrade. There coolant looks just like new. Only thing is it smells sooo bad after sitting out side for 1 month....

Jay is being a huge ass for throwing Mayhems under the bus when the issue is most likely his dirty Alpha Cool radiator that he uses in the GPU loop.  They're notorious for making radiators that can never be completely cleaned out and Mayhems have said over and over again on multiple different forums to avoid using their fluids with Alpha Cool radiators.  I can even say from personal experience that changing from a cheap, dirty radiator to an EK rad fixed the issue completely with Mayhems fluid when my loop kept turning purple from red after a few weeks.

If Jay wants to swap out the fluid rather than swapping out the radiator, that's perfectly fine but it's ridiculous that he's refusing to admit the problem can be anything besides the fluid.  He's on a total ego trip and this "drama" is really making it hard to trust his opinions.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Jay is being a huge ass for throwing Mayhems under the bus when the issue is most likely his dirty Alpha Cool radiator that he uses in the GPU loop.  They're notorious for making radiators that can never be completely cleaned out and Mayhems have said over and over again on multiple different forums to avoid using their fluids with Alpha Cool radiators.  I can even say from personal experience that changing from a cheap, dirty radiator to an EK rad fixed the issue completely with Mayhems fluid when my loop kept turning purple from red after a few weeks.

If Jay wants to swap out the fluid rather than swapping out the radiator, that's perfectly fine but it's ridiculous that he's refusing to admit the problem can be anything besides the fluid.  He's on a total ego trip and this "drama" is really making it hard to trust his opinions.

Jay didn't do anything wrong. He just said he wasn't going to use their pastel anymore because it kept changing. I'm pretty sure he used Hardwarelabs Black Ice radiators since the last rebuild.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Jay didn't do anything wrong. He just said he wasn't going to use their pastel anymore because it kept changing. I'm pretty sure he used Hardwarelabs Black Ice radiators since the last rebuild.

His tweets were just as bad as mayhems tbh. Yah tho, he did say in this video his rads are hardwarelabs.

I never had issue with pastel(white) coolant. I have put it in a high temp conditions 50C+ with out any issue. My system is running 24X7 for a longtime. There is no cooler change at all. I also inspect the coolant during my upgrade. There coolant looks just like new. Only thing is it smells sooo bad after sitting out side for 1 month....

Because White pastel is uncoloured,its the default colour of zinc oxide.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.