Ultra HD TV not doing 60hz green and purple picture

So, I have a Hisense ub40ec591, a 40" uhd tv which i am using with my gtx 980 and a highspeed hdmi cable.
PROBLEM: it does not go over 30hz ultra hd without giving me a purple and green picture and cropping it. 
30hz is no problem but anything above does not work (using hdmi 2.0 and the newest firmwares).
Also i have quite some input lag.
What could cause this problem? anything I can do with the nvidia control panel? or could the cable be the problem?

wow... pretty empty here...

Manufacturer website in german. Im guessing your tv has 4 HDMI ports, two of which support 4k @ 60hz, the other two at 30hz.

Manufacturer website in german. Im guessing your tv has 4 HDMI ports, two of which support 4k @ 60hz, the other two at 30hz.

yes, i know. i tried that. the one gives me the options for 60hz the other doesnt.

yes, i know. i tried that. the one gives me the options for 60hz the other doesnt.

And your cable is connected to one of the two 60hz ports then.

Green artifacts on the screen usually is the fault of the cable. Quite odd that it works at 30hz but fails at 60hz, given the nature of digital cables, but you may want to try another cable if you have any.

• 1 year later...
On 12/25/2015 at 11:00 PM, das affe said:

Hi,

I have the same issue with dell m4700 nvidia k2000m. Could you solve it?

On 28.4.2017 at 0:04 PM, pointer* said:

Hi,

I have the same issue with dell m4700 nvidia k2000m. Could you solve it?

neither did i keep that tv, nor do i have that gpu anymore. I have no idea if or how i solved that problem. sorry mate