A 49 $ Android Phone ?!

bosnian_guy

hmmm I suppose its ok although the android version is a little old for my taste.

These would be great backup phones, or phones to travel with.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Specs:

• Dual SIM (supports up to 2G networks, no 3G, HSPA or LTE)
  • 3.5" (probably TN) screen with a resolution of 320x480 (and 256K colors)
  • 512MB storage (supports microSD)
  • 256MB RAM
  • 802.11n
  • Bluetooth 2.1
  • microUSB connector
  • 2MP camera that records in 480p at 30 fps
  • Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
  • 1GHZ Cortex A5
  • Mali-400
  • GPS
  • FM Stereo
  • Accelerometer (but no gyroscope)

The GPU is surprisingly good and the price is low. Those are the only two good things about the phone. I honestly don't see any reason for anyone to get this instead of saving up 150 dollars more and getting a Nexus 4. I am interested in Cortex A5 because I don't think any other device (that I know of) uses it yet. It's suppose to replace Cortex A9 for low end devices but it seems like performance is much much lower (30-40% decrease in performance at same clock speed).

Man these great little cheap phone popping up. Might even have an over all effect on the market if they are starting to produce basic but quality phones cheap, might drive down prices

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Sort of sad that its running Android 2.3. Would rather get the Dash Music 4.0 which is $99 because it features Android 4.2 which is alot better imo. But for that price it is not bad since its a smartphone.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Not bad for a $50 unlocked phone. This phone is definitely aimed at people with low-incomes who want a decent phone. 

COMIC SANS

Honestly for that price I'd just recommend sticking with a feature phone, the experience will probably be terrible on android without some decent specs.

The Name Jr. kinda indicates that it's the phone for the 7 year olds birthday, but It'll probably be horrible. I have a $100 android phone and I'll never buy anything below Nexus 4 again.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I honestly don't see any reason for anyone to get this instead of saving up 150 dollars more and getting a Nexus 4.

The Nexus 4 does not have a microSD slot, which means you are stuck with the 8 or 16GB storage it comes with. That is a reason not to get a Nexus 4.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The Nexus 4 does not have a microSD slot, which means you are stuck with the 8 or 16GB storage it comes with. That is a reason not to get a Nexus 4.

Okay, that's 1 drawback of the Nexus 4. Want me to list all the benefits? Even then it's not a huge issue since 16GB is usually enough for most people, and if you really need more storage then some people on XDA has made it possible to use USB OTG on the Nexus 4.