Rampage V Extreme 76 Boot Code

MarcoAzarmaneche

Hello guys !

I've got the following config: Rampage V Extreme, i7 5960X, 64GB DDR4 Corsair RAM, SSD, HDD, Corsair Ax1500i PSU, fully water-cooled by ekwb.

For the past 5-6 months it's all been working well. Now, when I try to boot it up, there is no post, just the code 76. I tried reset buttons, and now I'll let it out of power for 30 minutes. 

Why wouldn't it post ? Because it's water-cooled it's not so easy to pull out some ram sticks or something. It's slightly overclocked, 20-22% the CPU, memory is XMP Mode and maybe that's why. What can I do to reset bios from outside ? Memory stick then some random button on the MOBO?

Thanks a lot !

Google the beep code chart for your motherboard or look at your motherboards manual.

I can tell you a the beepcode for a HP DX6100 slim tower ram error. It is 5 long beeps, but that is because I have used many of them and forgot to put ram in them.

Hello guys !

I've got the following config: Rampage V Extreme, i7 5960X, 64GB DDR4 Corsair RAM, SSD, HDD, Corsair Ax1500i PSU, fully water-cooled by ekwb.

For the past 5-6 months it's all been working well. Now, when I try to boot it up, there is no post, just the code 76. I tried reset buttons, and now I'll let it out of power for 30 minutes. 

Why wouldn't it post ? Because it's water-cooled it's not so easy to pull out some ram sticks or something. It's slightly overclocked, 20-22% the CPU, memory is XMP Mode and maybe that's why. What can I do to reset bios from outside ? Memory stick then some random button on the MOBO?

Thanks a lot !

this error code means the motherboard was not able to initialise the pch module (which is the platform controller hub basically part of the chipset) i would unifortiontely guess that the chip is broken so you need to rma the board... first maybe try unplugging as many things from the board you don't need like secondary hdds and usb devices and try to boot the computer.