Tech Showdown - Christmas Edition

Do they know there's already a channel called Tech Showdown?  :wacko:

28986084016696024a099876a947823d.jpg

I think mine's better

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

This shouldn't be Luke v Linus. We already have Scrapyard Wars for that.

This should be aspiring modders/tech youtubers/other LMG employees competing against each other and Linus walking around imaginatively insulting their thermal paste application technique and such, then deciding the winner in the end.

I was thinking the same. Would be nice to see all of the LMG staff get involved with these shows. The personality differences would keep it fresh.

Then you could have a contest every year for 2 contestants to come take part in one against Linus and/or Luke. 1 from the forums, and one general YT viewer.

The best part... The lucky winners could take their build home with them and have a great story to tell people about it!

Linus should definitely be a judge though!

I really like this format! The comments on the judges’ reactions from Linus and Luke were very entertaining. Also the length of the show was just perfect, no filler content and it seems like nothing important is missing. The timer at the bottom was a nice touch, so you know under how much pressure the contestants are. I also think it was important to have Jon as Judge, because he as more tech knowhow (like the graphics card is not supposed to be spinning)

Some things that I think could be improved for next time:

• maybe use a dedicated camera with a fixed position for time lapse footage, so it is not moving all over the place
  • short explain, which components did you choose and which were given to you? (example: where are the cable mod cables from)
  • also explain how much time you have for building at the start
  • start the timer at 0:00 to 3:00 and not 1:00 to 4:00 and maybe change the appearance of it (themed to the topic)

Totally agree with you Ekin.

Since these parts cannot be returned (glitter kinda makes it impossible with Linus' build) you guys should give at least that one away in a YT viewer contest.

Also... Theme ideas!

• Star Wars (someone suggested it in an earlier comment also, but it is a good one.)
  • LEGO! LEGO! LEGO!!!!
  • Hello Kitty (Just because it would be HILARIOUS to watch you guys have to do it!)
  • LEGO!
  • More Holidays: Halloween, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, New Year's
  • LEGO!
  • Potato Case! (Mr Potato Head?)

Anyway, that's all I got for now. Great video... But, get the other guys involved! (Would be fun to see Linus' wife compete too!)

~Cynical~

Do they know there's already a channel called Tech Showdown?  :wacko:

Do THEY know there's already a series called Tech Showdown? ;)

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

Nice video, and as asked i got some themes that can be used in next episode.

- Turnip theme

- Nicky V theme 

- WAN show/ LMG theme

- MLG 420NoScope theme

- Dennis/Taran theme (derpness in general :P)

- 8 year old kid theme (just making the pc look as ridiculous as possible with a lot of rgb led's, stickers, ...)

- Jon theme (just pure 'murica! :D)

- Slick theme (doing special things with mineral oil)

Aw yeah, Nicky V customs.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Build A Computer Showdown: Buiild it out of Legos!

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

I love the idea for tech showdown!

And Luke aint got shit on that glitter build

• 1 month later...