1,000$ Gaming Rig Help!

0dysseus

Hey there guys, So I've finally saved up enough to build myself a new gaming rig, My old one died a couple months ago and I havn't had the money to repair it, Now I got some good luck and have the money to build a new rig! I don't need HDD's,Ram,OS monitor ect. What I do need is a CPU,Motherboard,Case,PSU*If it can fit into budget, I want to help out step dad with his rig and he needs a new PSU* GPU, CPU cooler and SSD

Budget: I want to stay under 1000$

Aim: Gaming at 1080p, Want to overclock the most out of my parts.Video editing may be in the future.

Monitors: 1 1080p for gaming, 3 1080p for productivity

Thanks for the help :)

Edit: Blah,Forgot I already chose what case I'm getting, NZXT Phantom 410.

Intel Core i5-3570K is pretty much the sweet spot at the moment. For the motherboard, whatever you want really; the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is a popular choice. It can handle overclocking but if you do really heavy overclocking though you may want something a little beefier like the MSI Z77 MPOWER. For the GPU, probably a GTX 670 or a 680, whatever fits your budget. And then a good 550W power supply will power any single GPU setup, the SeaSonic SSR-550RM is a good choice.

Im wondering if it's worth grabbing another gtx 460 and throwing my old one into sli with a new one... What would you guys recommend? And the most I really want to spend on a GPU is 350$