gta san andreas?

swek

I just bought gta san andreas on steam but everytime i try to open it, it doesnt open. I googled this and i was told to change the compatibilty settings to windows 7 and still no diff. I noticed the game was for windows xp so i changed it to windnows xp but then i was told that "xinput 1_3.dll is missing from my commputer. what shld i do? I'm running windows 10 btw,

CPU: Intel i5 6500 Motherboard: Asus H170M-E D3 Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 2x8 GB GPU: -NIL- SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB HDD: HGST Deststar NAS 3TB Case: Corsair 240 Air Power Supply: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W Display: Dell U2515H 25" 2560x1440 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe (Red LED + Cherry MX Brown) Mouse: Logitech Performance MX Speaker: Edifier M1360 2.1

I had the same issue with san andreas. I am also running windows 10. I couldnt find a solution so i just refunded the game and bought gta iv. 

I just bought gta san andreas on steam but everytime i try to open it, it doesnt open. I googled this and i was told to change the compatibilty settings to windows 7 and still no diff. I noticed the game was for windows xp so i changed it to windnows xp but then i was told that "xinput 1_3.dll is missing from my commputer. what shld i do? I'm running windows 10 btw, or shld i just ask steam for a refund? lol

Older games and newer hardware don't always go hand-in-hand. I've been running it comfortably on my dual-core Windows 7 machine with no problems - however on my Windows 10 laptop, there are times when my mouse isn't recognized by GTA at all, and other times where it loads (screen with the car etc. and loading bar) then crashes.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Never buy GTA SA on steam, it is very broken. Buy a Physical copy.

lol legit? damn but the reviews on steam were "very positive" i assumed there wasnt an issue

CPU: Intel i5 6500 Motherboard: Asus H170M-E D3 Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 2x8 GB GPU: -NIL- SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB HDD: HGST Deststar NAS 3TB Case: Corsair 240 Air Power Supply: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W Display: Dell U2515H 25" 2560x1440 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe (Red LED + Cherry MX Brown) Mouse: Logitech Performance MX Speaker: Edifier M1360 2.1

lol legit? damn but the reviews on steam were "very positive" i assumed there wasnt an issue

just torrent it although it takes some time

I had the same issue with san andreas. I am also running windows 10. I couldnt find a solution so i just refunded the game and bought gta iv. 

dang well that sucks, and the game was only $3 too. how do i get a refund?

just torrent it although it takes some time

hmm but won't i face the same issue? since its windows 10?

I am not sure if you can still get a refund from steam but if you go on google and write how to get a steam refund then it should help you. it happened to me about 2 months ago and I havent made a steam purchase for a while now. 

They stuffed it up and nowwidescreen doesn't work, the soundtrack is watered down and it still runs poorly.