Teaching mac users

totjup5

I went into the apple store at the mall and put all of the ipads and macs that I could on the Linustechtips forum page. Hopefully the "geniuses" will find it educational.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

It would teach them how to use safari I guess..

They would take one look at the page, go 'huh' and probably navigate to another website..

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

What's that going to teach?

I was thinking that if they read something on it they would realize how they should not use macs, but I guess they wouldn't understand anyway.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I was thinking that if they read something on it they would realize how they should not use macs, but I guess they wouldn't understand anyway.

Whats so bad about macs

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

There's nothing wrong with Mac, they are bad from a gaming POV but they are great computers overall. It's just annoying when people are trying to 'convert' you. I love DIY PCs with custom WC loop, cable sleeving and all that nifty looking stuff, but I also enjoy using Macs for web browsing, text editing, programming. 

I dont like how you cannot upgrade a mac in any way. The mac pro could but no longer so now you are stuck with what you get. You could probably make a previous generation apple mac more powerful then the current generation version.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I dont like how you cannot upgrade a mac in any way. The mac pro could but no longer so now you are stuck with what you get. You could probably make a previous generation apple mac more powerful then the current generation version.

Obviously apple is not targeting their market toward you.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Whats so bad about macs

No upgradability, no gaming capability, overpriced, and bad UI

I went into the apple store at the mall and put all of the ipads and macs that I could on the Linustechtips forum page. Hopefully the "geniuses" will find it educational.

You seem to have a serious problem ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

and if you want to edit colours and films and stuff. i get you can get a proper PC, but they are not all bad. like my macbook. its not very powerfull, but it is quite reliable.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

no gaming capability, overpriced,

Most people that buy MACs use them for other stuff than gaming and can handle the price tag

It isn't like most people need upgrades, macs aren't for gaming anyway, why does that matter... I will say they are overpriced, but the whole deal with macs is the OS, and the "bad UI" is an opinion, for example I love my gaming pc but I love macs UI better.... it is an opinion and to be honest posting stuff like this is just like being a fanboy of any other thing.... 

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

They arent overpriced at all for the build quality, slimness, and perforce they are really good the issue is the price doesnt drop over time

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

They arent overpriced at all for the build quality, slimness, and perforce they are really good the issue is the price doesnt drop over time

Thinkpads have outstanding build quality and great specifications at reduced prices (and have frequent sales). The only big difference is Retina display, but Thinkpads usually have IPS displays. Couple of Thinkpads/Ideapads come with discrete graphics too.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Thinkpads have outstanding build quality and great specifications at reduced prices (and have frequent sales). The only big difference is Retina display, but Thinkpads usually have IPS displays. Couple of Thinkpads/Ideapads come with discrete graphics too.

i'm not a fan of lenovo, but thats just me

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Why not? It's IBM

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Reasons? I'm curious. Most are generally amazed by Lenovo's products, and the only real complain I've heard is aesthetics (fair reason, not everyone sees the ruggedly attractive appeal). Even so, I'd go for Thinkpads simply for their durability. Not every laptop goes through the same MIL Spec testing that Thinkpads go through.

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Reasons? I'm curious. Most are generally amazed by Lenovo's products, and the only real complain I've heard is aesthetics (fair reason, not everyone sees the ruggedly attractive appeal). Even so, I'd go for Thinkpads simply for their durability. Not every laptop goes through the same MIL Spec testing that Thinkpads go through.

Why not? It's IBM

lol because of the aesthetics and the ones i've used were really bad, although they were netbooks that our school used. although if i were to try one of there nicer end models i would probably love them :)

Look into the X1 Carbon. They're beyond sexy.

Older models are generally good even now - Lenovo recently posted a picture of a T61 running Windows 8, flawlessly. T61 is an ancient model by today's standards. 'Course, it depends on individual usage.

It would teach them how to use safari I guess..

They would take one look at the page, go 'huh' and probably navigate to another website..

"This isn't Facebook..."

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I like the ui in fact I'm on an imac right now

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

It isn't like most people need upgrades, macs aren't for gaming anyway, why does that matter... I will say they are overpriced, but the whole deal with macs is the OS, and the "bad UI" is an opinion, for example I love my gaming pc but I love macs UI better.... it is an opinion and to be honest posting stuff like this is just like being a fanboy of any other thing.... 

I apologize for my momentary fanboyism. 

God, so many people berate the macs in this forum...

It's not that bad and if you're not stupid having best of both worlds is a great experience..

arnt they trying to push firewire conection as way to upgrade or something