Got into a programming contest! Now I need your help!

Wiplive

Hello, I participated in a JavaScript drawing contest. Now I would like for you guys to vote for my Christmas Tree, which I drew in JavaScript. All you have to do is press like, that's it.

Thank you and merry christmas!

Kind of an odd topic/goal for a programming contest, isn't it?  I mean, you're not exactly stretching the boundaries of what can be done with the language; it's just line and fill, and once you've got that figured out, it's more of the same over and over again.  Seems to me like having a "programming contest" for who can make the coolest pattern with a CNC machine.

Not that it isn't cool - you did a good job, and it takes creativity, but it just strikes me as a little odd to put it under "programming"...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Kind of an odd topic/goal for a programming contest, isn't it?  I mean, you're not exactly stretching the boundaries of what can be done with the language; it's just line and fill, and once you've got that figured out, it's more of the same over and over again.  Seems to me like having a "programming contest" for who can make the coolest pattern with a CNC machine.

Not that it isn't cool - you did a good job, and it takes creativity, but it just strikes me as a little odd to put it under "programming"...

Well, sure, it's a contest from Accenture. Maybe for you it's quite simple, but for highschool students and elementary school it's challenging enough. Sure, a square is easy but it needs geometry knowledge too. Especially the curves are pretty difficult.

Well, sure, it's a contest from Accenture. Maybe for you it's quite simple, but for highschool students and elementary school it's challenging enough. Sure, a square is easy but it needs geometry knowledge too. Especially the curves are pretty difficult.

That's just my point; its testing your creativity and geometry a lot more than programming per se.  And I was doing things like that in those grades :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.