GEFORCE TITAN RELEASED!!!!

SnypeUXD

It's amazing! Linus has unboxed it and given as much information as the NDA will allow. I think it gets lifted on Thursday so we will get the full specs then :)

Is the Titan a stand alone product? Or is it the start of a new series? I'm also curious to see what AMD has up their sleeves to counter the Titan....well that's IF they plan to.

You don't have to deal with SLI though. More efficiency' date=' less heat, and therefore less noise. Not to mention no driver headaches.[/quote']

Seriously though... a thousand bucks for 660Ti 2way SLI performance? which costs like 580$, almost half the price of titan...

This card will be just a fan collector's/luxury item, just like the ARES or MARS products, which is a disappointment .

You don't have to deal with SLI though. More efficiency' date=' less heat, and therefore less noise. Not to mention no driver headaches.[/quote'] Seriously though... a thousand bucks for 660Ti 2way SLI performance? which costs like 580$, almost half the price of titan... This card will be just a fan collector's/luxury item, just like the ARES or MARS products, which is a disappointment .

I haven't seen any legitimate reviews of the card yet. So to conclude that it performs the same as 2x 660Ti's is false.

:ph34r:

TechFan is right though, a 660 Ti has exactly half the number of cuda cores as the TItan, exactly half the memory interface, exactly half the memory (3GB models) & even higher clocks, so expect performance to be a bit less than 2 660Ti cards actually ...

TechFan is right though, a 660 Ti has exactly half the number of cuda cores as the TItan, exactly half the memory interface, exactly half the memory (3GB models) & even higher clocks, so expect performance to be a bit less than 2 660Ti cards actually ...
I think you mean lower clocks not higher .

Edit: Oh right, sorry didn't read that correctly .

He means GTX 660Ti has higher clocks than the Titan :)

:ph34r:

It's not as if everything supports SLI anyway and this is a single GPU we are talking about.

1000$...so it costs as much as a 7990/690 but isn't nearly as fast that's disappointing...

This card is however, perfect people with 3x 1080p, 1440p, or 1600p monitors. There really is no other option.

Such a beast of a card. Wish I had the monies for one....*frowns at his HD 6850*

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

Such an awesome card. Adjusts the clock according to the temperature and this card gives you so many sweet features!

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

1000$...so it costs as much as a 7990/690 but isn't nearly as fast that's disappointing...
This card is however' date=' perfect people with 3x 1080p, 1440p, or 1600p monitors. There really is no other option. [/quote']

If you mean due to the memory bottleneck, A single 3GB 7970 Ghz is enough for 3x 1080p, for higher resolutions just use two cards, they'll be faster & cheaper than Titan.

Even on 6 1080p monitors tomshardware.com found that not more than 3GB of GPU memory was being used in his sapphire 7970 toxic 6GB review .

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...gb,3264-9.html

I still maintain, this is nothing more than a luxury item just like the ARES II .

This card is however' date=' perfect people with 3x 1080p, 1440p, or 1600p monitors. There really is no other option. [/quote']

If you mean due to the memory bottleneck, A single 3GB 7970 Ghz is enough for 3x 1080p, for higher resolutions just use two cards, they'll be faster & cheaper than Titan.

Even on 6 1080p monitors tomshardware.com found that not more than 3GB of GPU memory was being used in his sapphire 7970 toxic 6GB review .

I still maintain, this is nothing more than a luxury item just like the ARES II .

You have got to think about the future though, I think Nvidia are playing the long game, resolutions will change! This is their next gen flagship card, others will follow, and judging by the rumors, things are looking pretty good.

Untrue. There are multiple other options. Among the HD 7990 and GTX 690 is the Sapphire Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition 6GB Vapor-X.

The Vapor-X is a single-GPU, 6GB card that is running the 7970 GHz (just short of the Titan's performance level).

This card comes in at around $600. I think we can all easily say it is MUCH better value for money than the Titan.

I entirely agree with TechFan@ic in this case. The Titan is a great card, but price:performance it suffers a LOT.

If you want a 6GB card, you can pick up a Vapor-X 7970 GHz for $600.

This card is entirely luxury and completely unnecessary. I doubt anyone can find a reason it is better other than software, CUDA, and a slight increase in speed. For like triple the price.

I myself though as a folder would love to see how all the CUDA cores crank away. Especially if I add it to my custom loop so I can run at at some huge overclock because it is mroe temp based now. This for me would definately be my choice over any other single GPU option, espcially a 7970. I don't want the hassles also of dealing with the SLI paring of the 690...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Its a lot closer to double the price, and the 6gb vapor x is only $400 less. I think people need to think about the bigger picture, it's going to be a great card for people who perform computational tasks and cannot in anyway be compared to SLI or CF.

I do agree it's a premium card and you pay for it, but I don't think it should be compared to an ARES II, it's not that much of a novelty. It is the most powerful consumer single GPU in existence FACT! I think its awesome! We should be giving Nvidia some credit for releasing this, it's a step in the right direction!

Its a lot closer to double the price, and the 6gb vapor x is only $400 less. I think people need to think about the bigger picture, it's going to be a great card for people who perform computational tasks and cannot in anyway be compared to SLI or CF.

I do agree it's a premium card and you pay for it, but I don't think it should be compared to an ARES II, it's not that much of a novelty. It is the most powerful consumer single GPU in existence FACT! I think its awesome! We should be giving Nvidia some credit for releasing this, it's a step in the right direction!

As Tomshardware.com demonstrated, even on 6 1920x1080 screens, memory usage never exceeded 3 GB even on Metro 2033 , one of the most demanding games ever, which renders 6GB of RAM pretty much useless in any possible scenario since nVidia surround gaming is locked to 3 effective monitors .

Titan is fast, but it's also very over-priced even compared to nVidia's own line-up, for a collector's item like the ARES or the MARS cards, you expect them to be over-priced because there is an extremely limited number of units sold, unlike GK110 which is manufactured by the thousands, nVidia sold more than 18,000 Tesla cards just for the Titan super-computer.

No one is withholding credit from nVidia. And I completely disagree, I don't think that one thousand dollar graphics cards are a step in the right direction by any stretch of the imagination .

A step in the right direction would be to make PC gaming more accessible and more affordable .

As Tomshardware.com demonstrated, even on 6 1920x1080 screens, memory usage never exceeded 3 GB even on Metro 2033 , one of the most demanding games ever, which renders 6GB of RAM pretty much useless in any possible scenario since nVidia surround gaming is locked to 3 effective monitors .

Titan is fast, but it's also very over-priced even compared to nVidia's own line-up, for a collector's item like the ARES or the MARS cards, you expect them to be over-priced because there is an extremely limited number of units sold, unlike GK110 which is manufactured by the thousands, nVidia sold more than 18,000 Tesla cards just for the Titan super-computer.

No one is withholding credit from nVidia. And I completely disagree, I don't think that one thousand dollar graphics cards are a step in the right direction by any stretch of the imagination .

A step in the right direction would be to make PC gaming more accessible and more affordable .

6GB frame buffer's are useful outside the gaming realm, and again resolutions are going to get bigger and more affordable.

Am I the only one who thinks the card has a fair price? Yeah its a little expensive, but its only just been released, do you think they should sell it for $500 and fabricate a story about how the Tesla k20 is still worth it?

It's an enthusiast card, aimed at people who own very expensive monitors, there will be other cards for the entry level folk, I would withhold any judgement, before seeing the rest of their next generation lineup

So you either pay one thousand dollars or you're considered to be of the "entry level folk" ? that doesn't make any sense at all.

Also you said you would withhold any judgement until seeing "the rest" of their next generation lineup, this is in fact a current generation kepler card.

Well yeah, they are not a charity... I'm sure a lot of R&D went into that processor initially, I think it's fair that they pay their employees. I'm sure they could sell it for 1/200$ less, but they have to leave some room for depreciation, who knows what AMD will come up with?

The processor was present in their previous lineup of workstation cards, but the whole design is brand new, it's definitely a next generation card, its not the first time they have done this, it's called rebranding.

Perhaps "entry level folk" was a poor choice of words, they will have a range of cards for people on a wide variety of budgets. I hate analogy's, but do you think a performance car company should cut their prices in half because people deserve to go faster?