Laptop Specification different than advertised?

SwiiftYz

Before I start, I just want to make it clear that until the issue is resolved I don't want to go into what store this has happened with.

I purchased an Acer CI5 laptop with an i5 5200u processor and a 1TB SSHD (as advertised) just for day to day tasks. Once I received the laptop and had begun to use it, I noticed that the performance wasn't any better than a standard HDD. I decided to look into it a little and found that the 1TB SSHD was just a standard 1TB SATA II HDD.

What can I do here? I have no idea where I stand and am having trouble contacting the store at the moment as the last person decided to end the call on me after I told them about the issue.

CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme 6 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: 2x MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V 4GB | Case: Corsair Carbide 500R | Storage: 256GB Samsung Pro SSD | NAS: D-LINK DNS320L w/ 2x 3TB WDB | PSU: Corsair HX750 | Display: 27" ROG Swift PG278Q + 27" ASUS MX279H | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGB | Mouse: Razer Deathadder (2013) | Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZX | Headset: V-MODA M100 | DAC:  SMSL SD 793II DAC | Speakers: Logitech Z5000

Go into the store

or return it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

If you have a copy of the advertisement where it says SSHD, I would take that, along with your laptop to the shop and ask to speak to a manager. Failing that, contact advertising standards - although not sure what they will do besides "we will review their practices" or something like that. 

Isn't this false advertising though? This was bought as a Christmas present and now It's too late to return it in time to get a replacement.

CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme 6 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: 2x MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V 4GB | Case: Corsair Carbide 500R | Storage: 256GB Samsung Pro SSD | NAS: D-LINK DNS320L w/ 2x 3TB WDB | PSU: Corsair HX750 | Display: 27" ROG Swift PG278Q + 27" ASUS MX279H | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGB | Mouse: Razer Deathadder (2013) | Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZX | Headset: V-MODA M100 | DAC:  SMSL SD 793II DAC | Speakers: Logitech Z5000

If you have a copy of the advertisement where it says SSHD, I would take that, along with your laptop to the shop and ask to speak to a manager. Failing that, contact advertising standards - although not sure what they will do besides "we will review their practices" or something like that. 

I thought I might have a leg to stand on with the trading standards route but I wasn't sure, the advertisement still states 1TB SSHD so I'll just do that. 

"SSHD" isn't necessarily just one device. It can consist of a mechanical drive and a separate SSD. Like in an M.2 slot or something. That's how Intel Smart Response Technology does it. Doesn't explain the slowness but would explain the traditional HDD in there. Not the fact that it's Sata II, thou.

They'll take it back if it's not what the receipt says, but it's actually more likely miscommunication or mislabeling or something along those lines rather than intentional false advertising.