Headphones that will wow me?

spwath

So, I have tried a few headphones, mostly in the 100$ range, and none of them seem that good. They are fine, but I dont notice extraordinary quality, or great anything. I do prefer speakers, but I am realizing now there is no way my budget can get that good speakers. So what headphones are just really good, and noticably so, for around 300 ish $, give or take. I dont have that money now, but I need to see what I need to save up to get something good.

These would be for music and gaming, open or closed back, probably just open, as I wouldent want to take expensive cans out and about.

Music would be 70's-80's type music, Styx, Boston, ELO, ect...

So i was thinking possibly a planar?

Not too sure

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Anything that's not Beats.

HiFiMan

Beyerdynamic

Sennheiser

Audeze

Grado

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Buy used, it's so worth it in the audio realm

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

T70

HE400

Fidelio X2

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I've been using the new siberia-200 I know it's not made for music. It's been sounding good so far for me. I know for sure the bass isn't what I like but it does sound good enough. I would say it's worth giving a try, the bass does get better compared to the v3 It's very very flat. It's very similar to the v2's with much more punch of that bass. 

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

how about the Orpheus v2 :P.  but any of the hd range of sennhisers should wow you

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

The Audi Technica ATH M50x

Its only $150 and it's one of the best headphones i've ever had.

http://goo.gl/acrTiX

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

The Audi Technica ATH M50x

Its only $150 and it's one of the best headphones i've ever had.

http://goo.gl/acrTiX

Uh. NO.

Uh. NO.

Yeah, what is wrong with this thread, so many people recomending cheaper, bad things.

What do you think, would HE400S be good, would they be noticably better than my 100$ NVX XPT100S and my previous boring K7XX?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I literaly just choose headphones that don't hurt after a while and noticeably dont sound like shit.

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

You are asking for recommendations. And that's what a couple people are giving you. In their opinion, the headphones are decent.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yeah, what is wrong with this thread, so many people recomending cheaper, bad things.

What do you think, would HE400S be good, would they be noticably better than my 100$ NVX XPT100S and my previous boring K7XX?

Can't help you. I've never really been wowed by a headphone - the T1v2 wowed by by how bad it was, but that's it.

I would try a HE-400 if you can find one used. People seem to find their sound signature remarkable, if imperfect. And given that they are discontinued you shouldn't have trouble unloading them if you don't like them.

You are asking for recommendations. And that's what a couple people are giving you. In their opinion, the headphones are decent.

Oh deer. The OP didn't ask for decent.

Sure, but they litteraly follow none of what I said.

Not helpfull whatsoever. Not trying to be rude, but staying in this audio sub wears me down with all the ignorance and people spouting missinformation.

Can't help you. I've never really been wowed by a headphone - the T1v2 wowed by by how bad it was, but that's it.

I would try a HE-400 if you can find one used. People seem to find their sound signature remarkable, if imperfect. And given that they are discontinued you shouldn't have trouble unloading them if you don't like them.

Ok, ill keep an eye out on the used market. I do want to be able to not loose a ton of money if I dont end up liking them.

Being "wowed" by headphones is a subjective experience, is it not? You cannot tell someone which headphones will wow them.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Mad Dogs.

Head-couch to another head-couch. 

Forgot about thoes, how would they compare to something like the HE400S?

Fake Beats by Dre imported from china @ $3.99 on eBay.

Being "wowed" by headphones is a subjective experience, is it not? You cannot tell someone which headphones will wow them.

Yeah, I see your point. :rolleyes:

Mad Dogs.

Head-couch to another head-couch. 

Looking at reviews, they seem good, but dont seem like something that im looking for, some said they are more laid back, almost dry.