How to hid bright lights on motherboard?

Hey guys.

I have a Gigabyte motherboard with a duel bios. The only two issues I am having is; one the bright red light that indicates which bios I am in, which destroys my blue lighting system in the system. The other is the red power button on the mobo. The second one is not that big of an issue as it is fairly dim, but the bios lights are really annoying, they turn the lower half of my case into a mix of reds, oranges, purples and blues. So I was wondering if there was a way that I could safely cover these bios lights so that they no longer shine light throughout my case, as well as doing no harm to my system.

Thank you.

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

You could put some sticky tape on them, maybe apply a dash of black paint. Probably the best option w/o desoldering them.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

You could try a sharpie. On my Rampage board there are options in the bios to turn off all LEDs, maybe the same holds true for that board.

I've seen it done with normal black electrical tape. Just cut a small piece enough to cover it. Shouldn't be an issue.

Ok thanks guys. I will check the Bios to see if there is an option to turn the LED's off, if not I will do a double shot with a sharpe and some electric tape. So hopefully with both of them it covers it.

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

a black whiteboard marker maybe?

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Thanks a lot guys the light can hardly be seen now. I was couldn't find any option to turn it off in the bios so proceeded to put some electrical tape over it. We didn't have any black but a nice dark blue, which still works with my blue colour scheme. You can still see it but now only if you look directly at it, which is not possible due to my 7970 sitting in front.

My PC: