Deciding between Acer XB271HU and X34

SuicideAnomaly

Can confirm. Went through two PG279Q's Asus is not what they used to be. Currently have an XB271HU on the way.

I agree. Some people will feel that is not Asus' fault however, but the panel manufacturer's. *sigh*

I appreciate everyone's input, but the argument is getting so tiresome now. LOL

I agree. Some people will feel that is not Asus' fault however, but the panel manufacturer's. *sigh*

I appreciate everyone's input, but the argument is getting so tiresome now. LOL

Sorry Anomaly.  My intention wasn't to hijack the thread with conversation not related to what you were asking.  I tried responding to your thread truthfully and hopefully my answers helped in your search.  Either monitor would be great.  I currently have the X34 and it's perfect.  I've also had the previous model of the XB271HU, the 270 and it was a great monitor as well.  As also mentioned, coming up soon you have the ASUS version of the X34.  With any of these choices I don't think you can go wrong.  Just all depends on your needs and availability.  

Sorry Anomaly.  My intention wasn't to hijack the thread with conversation not related to what you were asking.  I tried responding to your thread truthfully and hopefully my answers helped in your search.  Either monitor would be great.  I currently have the X34 and it's perfect.  I've also had the previous model of the XB271HU, the 270 and it was a great monitor as well.  As also mentioned, coming up soon you have the ASUS version of the X34.  With any of these choices I don't think you can go wrong.  Just all depends on your needs and availability.  

It's all good, brother.

I'm one of those people that have argued with Metro regarding accountability, so it's nothing new to me.

I should've expected this when I mentioned Acer, but even though I think he's quite bias, I do appreciate his input.

Haha I hear ya.  Well, let us know what you end up going with.  Took me awhile and going through a few different monitors to get what I really wanted.  Always an exciting time.

Metro, I don't care if you do not have any ASUS products.  I'm quite aware of the "issues" with the monitor as I own one.  I, much like everyone else spending this amount of money on equipment will have done the proper research about the product.  You are correct that this was Acers bad quality control that screwed up with the X34.  The issues with the ASUS monitors, are a result of ASUS' poor quality control.  One thing I do agree with you on is that there's no point in continuing an intelligent conversation with you as you're obviously ill-equipped.  I have first hand knowledge of how distribution and quality control actually works in the real world and not in Metro land.  Plus with your "nah uhh, you are" retort, there's obviously nothing left to talk about.  Other people have explained this to you as well and you're clearly lacking in the ability to admit you were wrong or in the fact that you clearly have no idea how business actually works.  

Have a good day.

It's all good, brother.

I'm one of those people that have argued with Metro regarding accountability, so it's nothing new to me.

I should've expected this when I mentioned Acer, but even though I think he's quite bias, I do appreciate his input.

It is entirely up to you which you want to buy. It is a shame LG or Samsung is not making one soon.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Have a good day.

It is entirely up to you which you want to buy. It is a shame LG or Samsung is not making one soon.

More than anything, I wish Dell went with IPS instead of TN. Hell, I paid over $1000 for my u2711 back in the day, and it was worth every penny.

@Drez I picked up the X34 from my local shop since it was $100 off. Now I just have to wait until I'm not so exhausted, to set it up. LOL

Let me know your thoughts when you do please! I know you were also considering getting a 1440p 16:9 screen so I'm pretty much in the same boat you were.

@Drez I picked up the X34 from my local shop since it was $100 off. Now I just have to wait until I'm not so exhausted, to set it up. LOL

Awesome! Let me know how it goes for you. I went local as well since the people at Micro Center are easier to deal with and it's a lot easier to return or exchange if there are problems. So far no issues on my end.

Regrettably, I had a bit of a crisis pop-up, and need to return the beast.

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that man. Hope everything is okay.

@Drez So, I ended up keeping the x34. I'm really digging it, thus far. I have a bit of backlight bleed, but what monitor doesn't these days?! No other issues, though. :D

@Drez So, I ended up keeping the x34. I'm really digging it, thus far. I have a bit of backlight bleed, but what monitor doesn't these days?! No other issues, though. :D

Awesome!  Glad to hear you were able to keep it.  I absolutely love it.  My brother-in-law is going to pick one up after seeing how amazing it was over the holidays.

Just a question, I guess you can get 100hz, try running the Gsync Pendulum demo, then try it at low FPS. I expect you will notice lines on the screen. I would have waited, CES is on Tuesday and I expect more information on the ASUS PG348Q

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Thanks, for the response.

The only thing that's really keeping me from going with the x34, is that media consumption can be hit or miss. I just wish that Netflix and the like supported the ratio natively. Then it would be a no-brainer, for me.

how about the 1k price tag?

So, like many people that visit this part of the forum, I find myself in the predicament of trying to decide between monitors. At this point, I'm trying to pick between the Acer XB271HU, and the Acer Predator X34. I use my PC for pretty much everything, so this is a tricky decision. I imagine I would appreciate the immersion of the X34 (when supported), but fear that I would struggle to maintain respectable FPS for games in the coming years, even with 980Tis in SLI. I'm also somewhat concerned about the support for movies, and the like. If you were in my situation, which would you go with, and why?

Also, I'm aware that Asus has similar offerings, but I'm not fond of their customer service, nor do I want to pay "Asus tax."

Went through same struggle last month. X34 Freesync version had problems like everyone else and didn't want to risk receiving another flawed display. I ended up getting the Samsung u283590d(4K, Freesync, 1ms, TN, 10bpc). I am very satisfied. I miss the extremely dark blacks of the IPS, but the extra pixels and fast response is a winning choice for me. I only noticed the darker blacks compared to an old BenQ 1080 TN display. 

This monitor has nudged me to go back and play older games. Played Bioshock Infinite, BF4, Portal 2, Civ V, Kerbal Space Program, Thief( a bit), and GTA V. I play maxed out BO3 daily and average 80-ish fps. I don't miss ultrawide at all.

The only con I have of the Samsung is no adjustment to tilt, height, etc. I've considered VESA mounting, but as it sits, it's easy and lightweight to slide it to the edge of the desk for when I use the race sim.

I see now you went with X34. I honestly figured this thread was still arguing about the faults of display manufacturers. Lol. Wish you luck with the X34. I kept my freesync version for 20 days before I got my refund. It just wasn't worth the money to not be perfect. 

Edited by TymmVonD

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

• 3 weeks later...

so how do you find your x34 over xb271hu?

I am facing the same problems, i must choose between these two beasts.

i have the 270 monitor, and im happy with it so far in the 3 months ive had it

Looking for a job

so how do you find your x34 over xb271hu?

I am facing the same problems, i must choose between these two beasts.

I absolutely love the monitor. Other than some minimal backlight bleed, it's pretty close to perfect. :)

Once you've experienced an ultra-wide, there's just no going back.

100hz everytime you play on it or occasionally?